• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Bud coach top talent?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

In observance of the Bud Hawk teams he does more with less.  In 5 years if/When the Hawks get some top talent in the fold, can he exploit their talents?   Can he let them use their talent or will it be 3 and done on offense?   

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think it doesn't matter.   He won' t be here.  Part of coaching is having a GM who understands your needs as a coach.   I don't think that's Schlenk.   Bud won't make it passed this contract.   However, can he... Yes.   He's a players coach and therefore Big name players will buy in to what he sells.   You don't get Coach of the Year because you win games.   Ask Sloan about that.   You get coach of the year because you get buy in and elevate talent. 

On 12/25/2017 at 1:42 PM, Diesel said:

I think it doesn't matter.   He won' t be here.  Part of coaching is having a GM who understands your needs as a coach.   I don't think that's Schlenk.   Bud won't make it passed this contract.   However, can he... Yes.   He's a players coach and therefore Big name players will buy in to what he sells.   You don't get Coach of the Year because you win games.   Ask Sloan about that.   You get coach of the year because you get buy in and elevate talent. 

Oh that’s right bud is going to get fired....Because Schlenk rather have a GS guy because he’s from GS :dry:...silliest shit I’ve ever heard.

im going to say this one last time in effort to kill silly ass post like this!

bud is considered a top coach league wide that’s not an opinion that’s a fact. Bud gets praised in the nba by many and Schlenk knows he has a top guy in his corner . Also Schlenk was apart bringing in Kerr someone who happens to be from the pop tree therefore I’m certain there’s many similarities to bud and Kerr that Schlenk noticed. Schlenk knows ball and player movement is key coming from GS and outside of pop there’s no better teacher than bud at running that scheme and developing players to run that scheme.

im confident Schlenk and Ressler are looking to extend buds contract if anything. Schlenk is not replacing bud .

• Like 1

So my question is this:

Why isn't John Collins starting . . nor finishing games?

We have a deficiency at rebounding and defense . . . but one of the best rebounders and rim protectors on the team isn't on the floor during crunch time?

I know people don't want the Hawks to win more than 20 games this season, but should that come at the expense of Collins not receiving his rightful spot in the starting lineup?  At least let him close out games, if you're not going to start him.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So my question is this:

Why isn't John Collins starting . . nor finishing games?

We have a deficiency at rebounding and defense . . . but one of the best rebounders and rim protectors on the team isn't on the floor during crunch time?

I know people don't want the Hawks to win more than 20 games this season, but should that come at the expense of Collins not receiving his rightful spot in the starting lineup?  At least let him close out games, if you're not going to start him.

:Bud: Careful now...You are about to rile up my base!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, JTB said:

Oh that’s right bud is going to get fired....Because Schlenk rather have a GS guy because he’s from GS :dry:...silliest shit I’ve ever heard.

im going to say this one last time in effort to kill silly ass post like this!

bud is considered a top coach league wide that’s not an opinion that’s a fact. Bud gets praised in the nba by many and Schlenk knows he has a top guy in his corner . Also Schlenk was apart bringing in Kerr someone who happens to be from the pop tree therefore I’m certain there’s many similarities to bud and Kerr that Schlenk noticed. Schlenk knows ball and player movement is key coming from GS and outside of pop there’s no better teacher than bud at running that scheme and developing players to run that scheme.

im confident Schlenk and Ressler are looking to extend buds contract if anything. Schlenk is not replacing bud .

Come on JTB.. How many GMs make it their business to fire the sitting coach to bring in one of their guys?

How the hell do you think Bud got the job in the first place??

Ferry took over and let Larry Drew go.  Drew had a damn good year.  Got us to the second round of the playoffs after beating Orlando.  Ferry knew that he was rebuilding the roster when Drew was given the third year.  He let Drew finish out his third year and then brought in his boy.   

The same thing is happening to Bud.  He's going to finish out his contract and Schlenk is going to bring in somebody who he can win with.

Ask yourself. 

If you were hired as CEO of a company.... would you keep the last top executive guy or would you bring in somebody who you know and work well with?  I know you're not fool enough to trust your job on somebody who you don't know and who doesn't line up with your business plan??