• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young

bleachkit

Lon Kruger has given up. He's turned the team over to Trae Young and there is no attempts to help take some steam off of him (extra ballhandler, etc). And the ESPN hype machine ain't helping either.

Better game today but 39 shots is way way too much and he's taking too many Curry-like shots now compared to earlier in the year.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Lon Kruger has given up. He's turned the team over to Trae Young and there is no attempts to help take some steam off of him (extra ballhandler, etc). And the ESPN hype machine ain't helping either.

Better game today but 39 shots is way way too much and he's taking too many Curry-like shots now compared to earlier in the year.

He aint playing Bud Ball, that's for sure.

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He aint playing Bud Ball, that's for sure.

I’ve never seen a team lean so heavily on one player, but he really is making the best of it. You can point at shot attempts, but he’s still has the highest effeciency rating in the country. Sure I’d like to see him play in a situation where it wasn’t all on him, but he’s got the skills to be a top 5 draft pick for sure. I don’t think it can be stressed enough that he’s a teenager having, arguably, the greatest season a college player has ever had.

• Like 1

Don’t want Trae at all. Horrible decision maker, can’t deal with pressure from defenses, usage right is dumb high so it inflated his stats, shoots crazy shots all night and just gets away with it bc the coach has just given him the greenest light ever, doesn’t play defense, I’m good. Keep him away from my team 

25 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Don’t want Trae at all. Horrible decision maker, can’t deal with pressure from defenses, usage right is dumb high so it inflated his stats, shoots crazy shots all night and just gets away with it bc the coach has just given him the greenest light ever, doesn’t play defense, I’m good. Keep him away from my team 

His usage is stupid high, but that doesn’t mean he’s inefficient. He has been the last few games, but he still is 3rd in PER. Bagley and Ayton are 4th and 5th.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CP61 said:

His usage is stupid high, but that doesn’t mean he’s inefficient. He has been the last few games, but he still is 3rd in PER. Bagley and Ayton are 4th and 5th.

He had been the last few games bc teams started pressuring him more and he’s been inefficient bc of it. Defenses will be much tougher in the league and I’m not confident in this Steph 2.0 thing. Steph and his impact are extremely rare. Just my opinion but I’m not interested...at all. Don’t want him.

2 hours ago, jy23 said:

He had been the last few games bc teams started pressuring him more and he’s been inefficient bc of it. Defenses will be much tougher in the league and I’m not confident in this Steph 2.0 thing. Steph and his impact are extremely rare. Just my opinion but I’m not interested...at all. Don’t want him.

I’m not calling him steph 2.0 and I don’t want him with our first pick. It’s just that he’s not playing that bad.

8 hours ago, CP61 said:

I’m not calling him steph 2.0 and I don’t want him with our first pick. It’s just that he’s not playing that bad.

Not saying you specifically called him that but it’s being tossed around. And I’m not saying he’s playing terribly I’m simply saying I don’t want us to pick him for the reasons I pointed out. Not that he’s a bad player but I don’t believe he’s what we need AT ALL.

Edited by jy23

• Moderators
17 hours ago, DBac said:

Trae numbers would be insane with better teammates. He did get into a habit of forcing a lot recently but damn these guys miss easy layups.

His team would be a lot better but not his number.  Better teammates means less dominating the ball . I'd expect his numbers would drop but his %s would increase, including the % of passes he makes that are converted into FGs for assists.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

His team would be a lot better but not his number.  Better teammates means less dominating the ball . I'd expect his numbers would drop but his %s would increase, including the % of passes he makes that are converted into FGs for assists.

He’d be more efficient and average even more assists for sure. Right now he has to do so much that’s his decision making is falling apart. He did ask for this kind of situation, though.

But yeah I think if he didn’t feel like he has to go for 40 and 15 every night that he’d stop launching those crazy deep threes and forcing tough passes. When he’s under control it’s beautiful. 

• Moderators
20 hours ago, DBac said:

He’d be more efficient and average even more assists for sure. Right now he has to do so much that’s his decision making is falling apart. He did ask for this kind of situation, though.

But yeah I think if he didn’t feel like he has to go for 40 and 15 every night that he’d stop launching those crazy deep threes and forcing tough passes. When he’s under control it’s beautiful. 

Agree his FGA would drop dramatically while he would be more efficient.  The assists might or might not increase.  His teammates aren't the best at converting but he has the ball so much that he gets a lot more opportunities to get assists than most player. 

As for how his shot selection would look like if he wasn't back into a corner, bear in mind he chose not to play on a team where he would be splitting shots.  He is in a corner of his own choice.  

Pretty meh shooting game from Trae. Fun passing game though, his teammates still can't make shots. Also game pretty much summed up why I still love Sexton, just a dawg. He wasn't as much of a crowd pleaser as I was expecting though, a couple times he coulda pulled Trae out and tried to embarrass him but he just passed it off.