It's Crystal Clear We Should Dump TP!

LastDon

On 1/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Damn that’s f$&ked up.  Injury bug killing my man Quinn.  I haven’t even seen Mitchell play amongst all the rave reviews.

Edited by benhillboy

I've said this before, Prince is a solid role player. He'll never be spectacular, probably never see an All-Star game. But, every winning team needs guys like Prince. He'll continue to improve and he has the makings of a very strong defensive player (maybe an all NBA defensive team member at some point)  who will occasionally give you 20+.  The guy is not someone you just give up on in his second year (as other have noted). 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, frosgrim said:

I've said this before, Prince is a solid role player. He'll never be spectacular, probably never see an All-Star game. But, every winning team needs guys like Prince. He'll continue to improve and he has the makings of a very strong defensive player (maybe an all NBA defensive team member at some point)  who will occasionally give you 20+.  The guy is not someone you just give up on in his second year (as other have noted). 

I don't expect he'll be quite this good defensively but agree with the sentiment here.  He can still be a productive starter and is very early in his career.  Give him time.  We've got nothing to lose by developing him.

• Like 3

TP is like most players in terms of fits going a long way in determining their impact.  I had no issue with him last year as he emerged between Tim and Sap.  I haven’t checked 82games in a minute but would imagine our best lineups featuring him also include Bellinelli at the 2 and Collins at the 4.

• Premium Member

I think he will wind up being a good fourth option on a playoff team. I haven’t watched as much as I wish I could this year, but I do check the box score every morning. He has some disappointing games, but I find myself surprised many times with his scoring and contributions. ESPN has him ranked high on their fantasy rankings (yes, I know it is fantasy) but it confirms what I see when he is contributing in all of the big categories. Right now it seems he tries to do too much offensively, but he still has good scoring outputs occasionally which will encourage him to keep trying to score on a bad team.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:37 AM, Cwell said:

I've peeped this all season. When Prince performs well, this board is complete crickets. But as soon as he has a bad showing folk bring out the pitch forks. It's not like this is first season with meaningful minutes or anything I guess. lol and dude suggested Stanley Johnson? The dude that has already proven to be a complete dud in the NBA? smh hilarious

In fairness, Stanley Johnson is two years younger than Prince.  That said, I doubt Johnson ever turns into a reliable rotation player.

Given that Prince is on a rookie contract and the Hawks are not looking to win now, there is no reason not to give him heavy minutes until a better option emerges.  Prince will likely settle in as a useful bench player on a better team.

2 hours ago, Packfill said:

In fairness, Stanley Johnson is two years younger than Prince.  That said, I doubt Johnson ever turns into a reliable rotation player.

Given that Prince is on a rookie contract and the Hawks are not looking to win now, there is no reason not to give him heavy minutes until a better option emerges.  Prince will likely settle in as a useful bench player on a better team.

Stanley Johnson is also 6’7 240 and shoots worse than Brandon Jennings from the field. Guys awful

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I liked Stanley coming out of Arizona but he's been a disaster in Detroit. At this point I think we could get him for a couple top-59 protected seconds. I don't see the Pistons picking up his option.

He is still getting a good number of minutes so far this season but he has been as brutal as ever.  They might pass on his option given his level of play but the number of minutes suggests they might want to keep him for rookie contract pricing.

He is still getting a good number of minutes so far this season but he has been as brutal as ever.  They might pass on his option given his level of play but the number of minutes suggests they might want to keep him for rookie contract pricing.

The Pistons imo don't have the offensive options to justify Stanley being even a rotational player. 35% from the field has to be below the Mendoza line for wings in the NBA.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
1 hour ago, AHF said:

The Pistons imo don't have the offensive options to justify Stanley being even a rotational player. 35% from the field has to be below the Mendoza line for wings in the NBA.

His TS% is just brutal.  Ugly, ugly, ugly.