Jaren Jackson Jr

capstone21

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, is Dennis Schröder an all star?

don't even try that I said WILL BE for 1 and Schröder has an efg% of 47.5% Parker 53% Schröder shoots under 30% from 3 Parker Shoots above 35% Parker is significanly more efficent scoring 20 a night than Schröder will ever be at 3 years younger!

Edited by davis171

21 hours ago, AHF said:

He was All-NBA Defense in his 3rd year and led the league in blocks per game in both his 2nd and 3rd year (while also generating 1.3 spg and 1.5 spg each of those seasons).  The only liabilities for this kid are his health and his teammates.  

Lol. Fine, you got me.

• Like 1

Production is important but don't understate the value of traits and projection.

Don't get the points argument, compare his PPG with KAT, AD, or Embiid and he's right there. Like I brought up before, outside of rebounding (which is a wart), his numbers are like all of those guys.

The general takeaway should be that college bigs get hosed.

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, DBac said:

Production is important but don't understate the value of traits and projection.

Don't get the points argument, compare his PPG with KAT, AD, or Embiid and he's right there. Like I brought up before, outside of rebounding (which is a wart), his numbers are like all of those guys.

The general takeaway should be that college bigs get hosed.

So one guy leading his team in scoring is just like another guy who is his team's 5th most productive scorer?

AD averaged over 10rpg.  JJJ averages fewer than 6 rebounds per game and is 3rd on his team in rebounding.

Guys - stop comparing AD and JJJ.  They do not equate.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

So one guy leading his team in scoring is just like another guy who is his team's 5th most productive scorer?

AD averaged over 10rpg.  JJJ averages fewer than 6 rebounds per game and is 3rd on his team in rebounding.

Guys - stop comparing AD and JJJ.  They do not equate.

I acknowledged JJJs rebounding woes. 

I just don’t see the point in going on about JJJs PPG in comparison to his teammates when

1. It’s the same PPG as KAT, Embiid.

2. He plays the second least minutes of the starters. 

I dont think he’ll be AD good, but I’m just saying that we haven’t seen a bad big with JJJs numbers (granted BPM only goes back so far). They’ve actually all been great. Considering his improvement through the year, and his age there’s a lot of reason to be bullish on him. 

Imagine all this discussion and he pulls a Miles Bridges 

35 minutes ago, DBac said:

I acknowledged JJJs rebounding woes. 

I just don’t see the point in going on about JJJs PPG in comparison to his teammates when

1. It’s the same PPG as KAT, Embiid.

2. He plays the second least minutes of the starters. 

I dont think he’ll be AD good, but I’m just saying that we haven’t seen a bad big with JJJs numbers (granted BPM only goes back so far). They’ve actually all been great. Considering his improvement through the year, and his age there’s a lot of reason to be bullish on him. 

Imagine all this discussion and he pulls a Miles Bridges 

If he does he will go top 5 next year although I would take him top 5 this year so I doubt it. Most places have Doncic & Ayton as a consensus top 2 I like Ayton 4 behind Porter purely because I value his upside but if he plays and the combine will help decide if I want him at 3. 

Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned about JJJ's PPG because he plays for Tom Izzo, who is one of the top coaches with unselfish team play and one of the few coaches that worries about that in college.

There's still other players I'd rather have.

Edited by Lurker

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Honestly I wouldn't be too concerned about JJJ's PPG because he plays for Tom Izzo, who is one of the top coaches with unselfish team play and one of the few coaches that worries about that in college.

There's still other players I'd rather have.

JJJ is being discussed as high as #2 by some people and for me it is the combination of the low scoring and low rebounding for an elite prospect that scares me.  If he was averaging 11 rebounds a game or something I would feel much better about a line of 11.4 ppg and 10.4 rpg than 11.4 ppg and 5.8 rpg. 

JJJ would need to be averaging 38.4 mpg to hit 10 rpg based on his numbers this season.  That is a little scary for a top 5 pick and big man with this kind of competition (Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Porter, Bamba, Young, Sexton, etc.).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

I just don’t want Trae Young. Anybody else in the top 5 I’m good . I don’t want JJ if we’re picking at 2...I think that’s to high but if we walk away with him at the end of the day I’m not going to be upset 

I think he has a floor to be at least a career 10 ppg and 5 rpg stretch big but ceiling a more limited than Ayton for example.

• Like 2