29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Kawhi Leonard 6.3 BPM

Anthony Davis 4.2 BPM

Jimmy Butler 4.1 BPM

Draymond Green 4.1 BPM

Paul George 3.7 BPM

Kyrie Irving 3.3 BPM

Boogie Cousins 2.9 BPM

lol. I guess that means everything..Andre Kirilenko had a higher bpm than Shaq...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

Dude, the 2 best players on the planet were picked #1, and #2 overall. Whats your point? Sure you can find a Leonard/green every now and then..But the best players in the NBA were mostly taken in the lottery...Plain and simple.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

I think this kid is in that 2nd tier on my board. I like Bagley and Doncic more than him, would put Jackson somewhere alongside Porter and Ayton. I really like Trae Young's passing ability and handle but have pretty big questions about the other stuff.

Bagley is the Andrew Wiggins in this draft.  He's overhyped.  He's eye candy.  

He's completely clueless when it comes to defense on the court.  He's the prototypical AAU product.  It will be years before he can do the things that contribute to winning, if he ever does them.  

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bagley is the Andrew Wiggins in this draft.  He's overhyped.  He's eye candy.  

He's completely clueless when it comes to defense on the court.  He's the prototypical AAU product.  It will be years before he can do the things that contribute to winning, if he ever does them.  

People said the same about Tatum. Duke just doesn't play any D.

With Bagley, it's similar to Collins I think. I didn't care for Collins that much as a prospect, but at a certain point stats don't lie. Bagley's got a motor, a good head on his shoulders, can jump out the gym and his skills are developing. We would tear the glass up with him and Collins on the court.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

I'd rather have Draymond Green than Andrew Wiggins.  

It really hurts the pro tanking crowd when you point out the fact that the three best players who have been drafted since 2010 were taken with the 15th pick (Kawhi Leonard), 30th pick (Jimmy Butler), and 35th pick (Draymond Green).  

Wow...you really believe this? 

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

People said the same about Tatum. Duke just doesn't play any D.

With Bagley, it's similar to Collins I think. I didn't care for Collins that much as a prospect, but at a certain point stats don't lie. Bagley's got a motor, a good head on his shoulders, can jump out the gym and his skills are developing. We would tear the glass up with him and Collins on the court.

That's interesting, because Duke's defense got a lot better with Bagley out for 5 games.  Wendell Carter Jr. most definitely is a strong defender.  Unlike Bagley, Carter understands rotations and can read what the offense is trying to do, even if he is also weak as a rim protector.  Carter really has an Al Horford vibe to his game, and I like that.  I'm debating on whether I will put him 3rd on my list behind Doncic and Jackson.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

That's interesting, because Duke's defense got a lot better with Bagley out for 5 games.  Wendell Carter Jr. most definitely is a strong defender.  Unlike Bagley, Carter understands rotations and can read what the offense is trying to do, even if he is also weak as a rim protector.  Carter really has an Al Horford vibe to his game, and I like that.  I'm debating on whether I will put him 3rd on my list behind Doncic and Jackson.  

I'm really glad you will not be in the room with people making decisions when the hawks draft. Bamba at worst is Deandre Jordan but his upside seems limited

Edited by davis171

Dukes defense got better bc they went strictly to a zone which had been working for them thru the season when they decided to use it but for some reason coach kept switching it up. They went zone and it’s worked. They even started pressing...actually watch the games before you try and talk about what’s going on 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, davis171 said:

I'm really glad you will not be in the room with people making decisions when the hawks draft. Bamba at worst is Deandre Jordan but his upside seems limited

Well I know.  You don't want the team to win over the next five years, so you don't want me making decisions for them.  

I’d take Green over Wiggins too but Green is not someone you tank for. Jackson isn’t tank worthy either which is why I’d be slightly underwhelmed if we ended up with him. He’d be the defensive anchor for the future but the Hawks would still lack scoring options that are conducive to a winning team. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Guard said:

I’d take Green over Wiggins too but Green is not someone you tank for. Jackson isn’t tank worthy either which is why I’d be slightly underwhelmed if we ended up with him. He’d be the defensive anchor for the future but the Hawks would still lack scoring options that are conducive to a winning team. 

No player is worth tanking for, so that is irrelevant to me.

Jaren Jackson Jr has legitimate NBA Defensive Player of the Year potential, and that is definitely worth a top 3 pick in this draft.  

Green is a complementary player. On a team that is filled with shooters he's one of the top 10 or 15 best players in the NBA and fuels the best team in the NBA. On a team that is not, he's merely a good player that is not a game changer.

There's a lot more to the story with teams and drafting then just what meets the eye.

Heck, in a lot of ways, that's what Al Horford became.

• Like 1

The point went whoosh way over your head.

What I'm saying is Draymond Green is viewed completely differently on any other team in the NBA. Because while he's a good player, he's not a great player. His skill set is just perfect for Golden State and that's what makes him a great player in the NBA. It's not all on him.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

He sure as heck wouldn't be viewed as great as he is by the media. Look at Al Horford, he did all of the little things in Atlanta like passing, being an important defender, screens, etc, but the media is silent on him...goes to Boston, does a little more passing, gets showered with praise by the media.

That's the point that is continually whooshing over your head. There are Complementary Players in the game of basketball, it's a real thing.

• Like 2