• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud addresses the rumors

JTB

If Schlenk can snag My-Name-Is-Luka with the 3rd pick, Bud ain’t going nowhere. Having the opportunity to coach up him (possibly one of the greatest Euros ever), Printz (Kawhi Lite), and J-Bap (All-Rookie) as 3 great young players in a city he already admitted he loves and get them back into the playoffs in ‘19-‘20 would be a bright feather in his cap. Trade for or attract a star player in ‘19-‘20 to go with that group and you’re contending. That’s attractive. The Grik Frik just got THUMPED by the team (without Embiid) who tanking supposedly didn’t work for. Who supposedly wouldn’t make the playoffs. Who wouldn’t win 50 games. Who just locked up 3rd/homecourt. Who the Hawks, tanking with a playground squad, played a closer game than The Grik Friks did. Bud ain’t going nowhere.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

If Schlenk can snag My-Name-Is-Luka with the 3rd pick, Bud ain’t going nowhere. Having the opportunity to coach up him (possibly one of the greatest Euros ever), Printz (Kawhi Lite), and J-Bap (All-Rookie) as 3 great young players in a city he already admitted he loves and get them back into the playoffs in ‘19-‘20 would be a bright feather in his cap. Trade for or attract a star player in ‘19-‘20 to go with that group and you’re contending. That’s attractive. The Grik Frik just got THUMPED by the team (without Embiid) who tanking supposedly didn’t work for. Who supposedly wouldn’t make the playoffs. Who wouldn’t win 50 games. Who just locked up 3rd/homecourt. Who the Hawks, tanking with a playground squad, played a closer game than The Grik Friks did. Bud ain’t going nowhere.

I should mention Giannis is one of my favorite players, btw. He’s one of those “stars” I’m hoping the Hawks attract. Cause we ain’t ever getting LeBron, Curry, Harden, Durant, and them.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Only problem is I believe Doncic is a guarantee top 2 pick...

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I feel Ayton and Doncic are going #1 and #2 in the draft.

Yeah me too ... I think they are the only 2 no brainer picks for any team that gets pick 1 or 2.

i also believe Mikal is a no brainer 3rd pick over bagley, Porter, Bamba...but OF COURSE that’s just my opinion.

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JTB said:

Some of you all really do try to “read between the lines” as much as possible. Lol

well let’s just say this, Bud may still leave I won’t disagree with that cause I don’t know the future but at the same time he did shoot down the Milwaukee rumors and to me there’s not a more attractive job than that one.

none of the other teams that will need a coach are as nearly loaded as the bucks. So as of right now I say bud is staying put and there’s no need to worry.

bucks were something to worry about. You can’t name a more attractive team than the bucks...every other team  who will be searching for a coach is barely more attractive than the hawks 

The Knicks.

Porzingas is a beast.  If they get Wendell Carter... they could be very good. 

• Like 1

Is the NBA like the NFL? In the NFL a coach can't make a lateral move while under contract without the teams permission,  but if it's a promotion they're free to go. If it is like the NFL,  stripping Buds president of basketball operations title may backfire. The Bucks could name him to both positions and it actually would be a promotion. It could void his contract. 

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Knicks.

The Knicks is a horrible horrible organization! 

Porzingas is a very talented player but that front office is so messed up I highly doubt bud would choose to go there but if he does he wouldn’t be doing himself any favors.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Bud, it's San Antonio that we have to watch.   If the Spurs bomb out in the playoffs, I could see Pop stepping down as coach, before the wheels come completely off the Spurs stagecoach.

At that point, the Spurs will go directly to Bud to gauge where his head is at.

I could see the bud and San Antonio reunite happening but I just don’t believe pop is going to retire any time soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

The Knicks.

See I’d buy this over Milwaukee. He’d “go North” to a mega market with a star, like New York.

2 hours ago, JTB said:

The Knicks is a horrible horrible organization! 

Porzingas is a very talented player but that front office is so messed up I highly doubt bud would choose to go there but if he does he wouldn’t be doing himself any favors.

The Knicks are the team with the guy who is the best fit for Marvin Bagley.  Bagley next to Porzingis would work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With Bud, it's San Antonio that we have to watch.   If the Spurs bomb out in the playoffs, I could see Pop stepping down as coach, before the wheels come completely off the Spurs stagecoach.

At that point, the Spurs will go directly to Bud to gauge where his head is at.

I’d buy this too. Bud would definitely consider a return home. Milwaukee? Naaaaa.

16 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is a rumor that Charlotte is not bringing Steve Clifford back next year, so there is another opportunity for Bud.

The Santa Cruz Warriors also need a head coach, so there is another opportunity for Bud.