• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud addresses the rumors

JTB

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Haha you're so annoying dude....

The losing this team had this year and will have over the next several years is what is annoying to me.  I hate it.  I hated this season.  Everything about it.  I don't see anything positive from this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Ah, there it is.  Clifford has been fired.

LMAO at the idea of Bud being even remotely interested in the Charlotte job.  That is just ridiculous.  Milwaukee is a much, much better fit.  SA makes a ton more sense.

I don't see Bud as a guy who would want the drama and spotlight of New York but they do have some intriguing talent.  I'd put them above Charlotte and below the others.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The losing this team had this year and will have over the next several years is what is annoying to me.  I hate it.  I hated this season.  Everything about it.  I don't see anything positive from this season.

It's done. And now we have a good pick. Get over it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DS5 said:

It's done. And now we have a good pick. Get over it.

Cool.  So we have a pick that we actually have to pick the correct player, and then wait 3 years for that player to develop into a player that is capable of helping you win games.  Yay!!

• Premium Member
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, hazer said:

1st words out of Bud’s mouth: “Not true”.

"Not true" was the answer.

Important to note how specific, and yet subjective, the question was... ie, that he was "working back channels" (what is a "back channel" as opposed to any other channel?) to "get insight into the Bucks job" (arguably, he already knows enough about it to determine if he's interested).

A legal expert I am not, but I dare say if there were one around here, he would say that would never hold up as perjury if, indeed, Bud were to end up in MIL.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, sturt said:

"Not true" was the answer.

Important to note how specific, and yet subjective, the question was... ie, that he was "working back channels" (what is a "back channel" as opposed to any other channel?) to "get insight into the Bucks job" (arguably, he already knows enough about it to determine if he's interested).

A legal expert I am not, but I dare say if there were one around here, he would say that would never hold up as perjury if, indeed, Bud were to end up in MIL.

He wasn't under oath so no potential for perjury to begin with.  Even if he was, it any part of the statement wasn't true (like you are flagging) then his response would still be accurate.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:32 AM, KB21 said:

He shouldn't be though, but the NBA falls victim to shoe company hype every year.

21 and 11 for a 18 year old freshman in the ACC on a stacked Duke team but it’s only the shoe company hype. People are sleeping on Bagley just because of his wingspan. Sounds a lot like our first rounder last year.

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

How much he sounds like our first rounder last year is my biggest worry.    Lots of duplication in strengths and weaknesses there.

Except he's much better. This is like Reggie Jackson-Westbrook. A lot of similarities but Bagley has elite speed, quickness, lateral quickness, agility, and good handles for a forward. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Except he's much better. This is like Reggie Jackson-Westbrook. A lot of similarities but Bagley has elite speed, quickness, lateral quickness, agility, and good handles for a forward. 

So does John Collins.  

2 hours ago, AHF said:

How much he sounds like our first rounder last year is my biggest worry.    Lots of duplication in strengths and weaknesses there.

There is some but I think things will work themselves out. However if he’s the best player at where we pick them I take him and worry about the fit later. I’m hoping this bud situation resolves itself as having the next coach in place would alleviate a lot of concern luckily the majority of the players young guys would get some run in Vegasand the new coach could work with them then.

Edited by Royjr9

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So does John Collins.  

The point is I wouldn’t dismiss what bagley displayed in his first year vs the two years Collins spent at wake. If he or who ever is the best at the point we pick take em. Don’t force yourself to take someone ie repeat the failure in draft Childress, law, Williams and Williams. 

47 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

The point is I wouldn’t dismiss what bagley displayed in his first year vs the two years Collins spent at wake. If he or who ever is the best at the point we pick take em. Don’t force yourself to take someone ie repeat the failure in draft Childress, law, Williams and Williams. 

Realize that the mistakes made under Billy Knight because he did not take fit into account.  If he had taken fit into account and knew that he would be gearing up for a run at Joe Johnson, he would have certainly taken Chris Paul instead of Marvin Williams after having a successful late teens pick on Josh Smith.