The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Although Boston sure as hell has the better roster, the jury is still out on which 3 pieces are better. Prince, Collins, Brown and Tatum are still in their first years of basketball. Also I'd like to review in the end of the season if Kyrie is the better player than Dennis. So far this season they are pretty much on par.

Absolutely. And that's why Boston is 12-2 and the Hawks are 2-11.

30 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Just off the cuff here, the 1991 Chicago Bulls that won the championship averaged 48 wins a season over the four seasons prior to winning their championship.

The 1994 Houston Rockets averaged 46.8 wins per season in the previous 9 years prior to winning the championship.  

The 1999 San Antonio Spurs averaged 50 wins a season over the previous 8 seasons prior to winning the championship.

I can keep going on, but it will do nothing but reinforce the point that you have to actually be good before you can be great.

Michael Jordan. And don't give me the baloney that he was a workaholic that wasn't an AAU pampered brat.

Hakeem

Duncan 

Your point=debunked. The actual list has to be the low mid 40s teams that made a big jump. Give me that list or get out of here.

• Like 1

Show me the list @KB21. Show me the list of all of the teams that were 40-45 win teams, didn't get a superstar, but made the jump to title contention despite it.

Show it, or go back to the drawing board. It is not a shame to be smart in one field but shaky in another.

Edited by Lurker

34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Just off the cuff here, the 1991 Chicago Bulls that won the championship averaged 48 wins a season over the four seasons prior to winning their championship.

The 1994 Houston Rockets averaged 46.8 wins per season in the previous 9 years prior to winning the championship.  

The 1999 San Antonio Spurs averaged 50 wins a season over the previous 8 seasons prior to winning the championship.

I can keep going on, but it will do nothing but reinforce the point that you have to actually be good before you can be great.

Michael Jordan... Tim Duncan... Hakeem. 

This is equal to Paul Millsap right? 

I agree with you, you shouldn't blow it up ever if you have Michael Jordan, Hakeem or David Robinson. But Paul Millsap, I feel quite differently. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

You realize I'm talking about Dennis and Kyrie. Gotta train your reading comprehension skills!

Dennis and Kyrie don't play in the same ball park, and you know it full well. Oh, wait. I forgot you're German. It's OK to be a homer, but really, you can't compare these two players without been called crazy.

44 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Dude really brought up the 91 Bulls like they didn't have Michael Jordan

DEAD

They drafted Jordan in 1984.  It was 1991 before they won a championship.  The point remains, you have to be good before you can be great.  The Bulls had to go through the process of becoming good before they were great even with Jordan.  They didn't just draft him and become a great team. 

Hakeem was also drafted in 1984, so it took the Rockets 11 years to win a championship.  Again, you have to be good before you can be great.   The selected wins that was in the question is an arbitrary number that doesn't apply, so I will give it no consideration since the Hawks averaged 50.3 wins a season over the previous 3 seasons.  

But, you guys just keep on thinking that all you have to do to win a championship is suck for a year, draft one of the many surefire superstars like Andrew Wiggins, D'Angelo Russell, Brandon Ingram, Victor Oladipo....etc, and then win a championship.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Right after they dipped deep into the lottery to draft their MVP talents at 1, 1, and 3.

Total combined rings without MJ, Hakeem and Duncan?  Zero.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

so I will give it no consideration since the Hawks averaged 50.3 wins a season over the previous 3 seasons.  

Helps when you have a total outlier 60 win season that was helped with a...coaching second year jump that always happens unless the coach is just bad.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Right after they dipped deep into the lottery to draft their MVP talents at 1, 1, and 3.

Total combined rings without MJ, Hakeem and Duncan?  Zero.

With Jordan, they had three losing seasons before they became good, and Jordan was A LOT better coming out of North Carolina than most of these yahoos that are getting drafted high today will ever be.  They finally won a championship in Jordan's 7th season.  

Again, it proves that tanking is not a sound strategy, particularly now since none of the players are getting the three years of development Jordan got at North Carolina.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

With Jordan, they had three losing seasons before they became good, and Jordan was A LOT better coming out of North Carolina than most of these yahoos that are getting drafted high today will ever be.  They finally won a championship in Jordan's 7th season.  

Again, it proves that tanking is not a sound strategy, particularly now since none of the players are getting the three years of development Jordan got at North Carolina.

College doesn't really teach players and help them grow up. It's all about win-crazy.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Jordan is one of the greatest players in NBA history. He better be playing 3 years out of UNC. This man literally compared our team to a team led by Michael Jordan. 

38 60 48 43

One of these is not the same....one of these is not alike....one of these comes in a year where we had the us against the world mentality and the year 2 jump that happens with any coach that isn't a total bust.

There's enough evidence to say that Bud is a 40-45 win coach, not an elite coach that can perennially win 50+ games, @KB21.

vor 32 Minuten, BrazilianHawk sagte:

Dennis and Kyrie don't play in the same ball park, and you know it full well. Oh, wait. I forgot you're German. It's OK to be a homer, but really, you can't compare these two players without been called crazy.

Again reading comprehension is a skill you should train. 

I said SO FAR THIS SEASON they are ON PAR. Nothing more nothing less. (Lol I wrote that before tonights game!!)

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jordan is one of the greatest players in NBA history. He better be playing 3 years out of UNC. This man literally compared our team to a team led by Michael Jordan. 

Uh, no.  I didn't.  Reading comprehension is a serious problem for you pro tankers.  

• Premium Member
Just now, StephenHawking said:

Again reading comprehension is a skill you should train. 

I said SO FAR THIS SEASON they are ON PAR. Nothing more nothing less. (Lol I wrote that before tonights game!!)

Fine. Take this small sample (and add the NOP game), then say all you want Dennis and Kyrie are on par so far... 

Did you see what Kyrie did to us at Philips? Yeah.

Man, it's not a matter of reading comprehension. You're talking some crazy ish and I'm just unable to agree with you. 

Fine. Dennis and Kyrie are on par. Whatever makes you feel good.  

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Chicago shows hitting on lottery picks may take years but that it is absolutely the right approach.  Draft your cornerstones, build your team and win 6 rings.  Sounds a lot better than making the playoffs a ton but never having won a game beyond the second round because you never have your superstar.

• Like 2

vor 2 Minuten, BrazilianHawk sagte:

Fine. Take this small sample (and add the NOP game), then say all you want Dennis and Kyrie are on par so far... 

Did you see what Kyrie did to us at Philips? Yeah.

Man, it's not a matter of reading comprehension. You're talking some crazy ish and I'm just unable to agree with you. 

Fine. Dennis and Kyrie are on par. Whatever makes you feel good.  

If you'd actually compared their stats before tonights game that would've been the case but since you don't care about anything I write and supposedly not stats I'm sure you'll bend it some way that it fits your agenda