• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's sad that you don't pay attention to the times...

Myles Turner has been injured thus far.. but just wait and see. 

Booker does nothing else remotely well on the floor, and the Suns are still a horrific team.  Booker puts up empty points.  That's it.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Booker does nothing else remotely well on the floor, and the Suns are still a horrific team.  Booker puts up empty points.  That's it.

Not sure why Diesel thinks I don't keep up with Booker as an NBA fan.  I like him but he is a gunner and doesn't do that with any kind of exceptional efficiency.  Career 42.5% FG% and 35.5% 3pt%.  Thinking that compares to KAT is laughable. 

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Not sure why Diesel thinks I don't keep up with Booker as an NBA fan.  I like him but he is a gunner and doesn't do that with any kind of exceptional efficiency.  Career 42.5% FG% and 35.5% 3pt%.  Thinking that compares to KAT is laughable. 

This is why I pay very little attention to volume stats.  Basically, if Devin Booker is your best player, you aren't going to be winning very many games.  It's similar to if Andrew Wiggins is your best player, you aren't winning many games.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Booker can't be "your" piece unless you're cool with the flash in players and just being a mediocre team but Diesel has proven time and time again that he loves flashy players.

I wouldn't say that but he does have strong opinions on some players positive or negative.  He is definitely overrating Booker in comparing him to KAT but Booker is a nice piece.  More of a poor man's Klay Thompson on both ends of the floor at this point his career.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I wouldn't say that but he does have strong opinions on some players positive or negative.  He is definitely overrating Booker in comparing him to KAT but Booker is a nice piece.  More of a poor man's Klay Thompson on both ends of the floor at this point his career.

Actually, I wouldn't say he's anything like Thompson, because Thompson plays well without the ball and can defend.  Booker can't.   He's more of an Andrew Wiggins type in that fans get blinded by the volume shooting and scoring, and ignore the hell out of his deficiencies everywhere else.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Offensively there isn't much similarity between Booker and Wiggins.  Wiggins has shot 16% of his career FGA from 3pt range in contrast to Booker (36%) and Thompson (44%).  If Thompson played the #1 scorer role his 2pt% would have to go up and Booker's 3pt% would increase if he was a third option like Klay.  In contrast, Wiggins shoots way more shots near the rim than either of the others and shoots the largest share of long 2's.  Not surprisingly, Wiggins is the guy who gets to the free throw line the most as well (Klay's numbers here are significantly depressed by him being the 3rd option, IMO).  

I get the point as far as both Wiggins and Booker getting bumps to their rep from the sheer number of points despite their uninspiring efficiency numbers to date, but unless Wiggins really changes his game he will always play a fundamentally different role than either of the other guys who do much more of their damage from long range and space the floor in a way Wiggins just can't do today.

• Like 1

There is no such thing as a meaningless win, just as there is no such thing as a good loss.  All these losses mean is that we are going to get a player who won't help this team win in the next 2-3 years.  Then we will do this thing again next year where we praise the effort in a loss only to get another player who won't help the team win for 2-3 years at least.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

No. Instead of getting another sad participation ribbon in LeBron's annual pre-Finals exhibition tournament we decided to try to add real star talent to our team in by far the most likely way that was available to us. 

But you know these things so I'll leave it at that. I just hadn't contributed to the insane tank discussion circle on here in a while and was getting antsy.

Ah, yes.  The ole "we can't beat LeBron, so let's just suck for the next 5-6 years" line to support tanking.

• Like 3

I think we actually play nearly to good to tank lol. We could have won 5 games with ease even with this Team. Remember 4 Rotation guys are out as well. I´m good with tanking this year but i can see this Team going to the Playoffs earlier than you think. (means: next year) 

Edited by django2341

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I'd say let's not Bobby Sura ourselves with meaningless wins.

Sura led the revolt. He had some minions along the way.

Captain Jax was killing it. Averaging something like 25, 5, 4 his final 2 months. How they didn't try to lock him up is beyond me.

Jason Terry avg. 18.5, 6, 4 his final 2 months. My favorite young Hawk at the time. 

Lastly, Killer Chris Crawford was having himself a career season. 19 and 5 his final two months. Sad that his knee injury ended his career.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kimsey said:

Sura led the revolt. He had some minions along the way.

Captain Jax was killing it. Averaging something like 25, 5, 4 his final 2 months. How they didn't try to lock him up is beyond me.

Jason Terry avg. 18.5, 6, 4 his final 2 months. My favorite young Hawk at the time. 

Lastly, Killer Chris Crawford was having himself a career season. 19 and 5 his final two months. Sad that his knee injury ended his career.

Sura was the clutch one but that season made S-Jax have a career in the NBA. He was falling out of the league and he had that 2nd half. Great for them but bad for us. It costed us a lot. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, KB21 said:

There is no such thing as a meaningless win, just as there is no such thing as a good loss.  All these losses mean is that we are going to get a player who won't help this team win in the next 2-3 years.  Then we will do this thing again next year where we praise the effort in a loss only to get another player who won't help the team win for 2-3 years at least.  

The only way in which those Bobby Sura wins had meaning were in the way they resulted in us drafting Chillz instead of Dwight.

This year they might mean Bagley Jr instead of Doncic.  

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

All I know is Ayton is wowzers!

Yes he has been, my pick too at this point but it’s still early. Didn’t realize he was that damn good from the elbow. Bamba looked good as well, but not as dominant as Ayton. Bagley looking real good, can’t hit a free throw though. Porter? Meh, in limited minutes. Again, still early. But Ayton and Bagley, wow.