• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Bud rumor: New York Knicks

rd79

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Ressler and Schlenk are really screwing things up.  Just because Bud wasn't on board with your stupid tanking ideals, you want to push him out.  Stupid, stupid, stupid!  You have a friggin top 5 NBA head coach, but you'd rather move along with someone that will be a yes man for you and go a long with a losing strategy.  

Don't you worry...Nobody wants Bud!  LOL!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Don't you worry...Nobody wants Bud!  LOL!

Do you really want to die on that hill alone?  Bud is meeting with New York on Monday, and as soon as Milwaukee is eliminated, they will be meeting with him.  

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

Do you really want to die on that hill alone?  Bud is meeting with New York on Monday, and as soon as Milwaukee is eliminated, they will be meeting with him.  

Sounds like you have no shame in being wrong about Phoenix!  LOL!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You say that like the Hawks are in a better situation than the Knicks.  They have a borderline All-NBA player to build around.

lol. NO they dont...Hes not even an All star yet..Coming off an ACL injury. Hell, I heard he might not even play next season....

Edited by buckyboy2

• Premium Member

Suns are far more along than the Knicks right now in a rebuild. Dolan wouldn't blink at paying Bud whatever it took. I just wonder what compensation we can get from them. If Dolan gets obsessed with Bud then anything in possible.

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Suns are far more along than the Knicks right now in a rebuild. Dolan wouldn't blink at paying Bud whatever it took. I just wonder what compensation we can get from them. If Dolan gets obsessed with Bud then anything in possible.

He is an idiot owner...it wouldn’t shock me 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

He is an idiot owner...it wouldn’t shock me 

This might help us out. If he really wants Bud I hope our Gm is smart enough to get their lottery pick as compensation. Who knows? Dolan might do it.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

This might help us out. If he really wants Bud I hope our Gm is smart enough to get their lottery pick as compensation. Who knows? Dolan might do it.

Pipe dream!  The are interviewing at least 5 other coaches

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

Ressler and Schlenk are really screwing things up.  Just because Bud wasn't on board with your stupid tanking ideals, you want to push him out.  Stupid, stupid, stupid!  You have a friggin top 5 NBA head coach, but you'd rather move along with someone that will be a yes man for you and go a long with a losing strategy.  

It takes two to divorce. And in this case, there's a very good chance that Bud is the one who unilaterally filed for divorce. He definitely seems to be driving this random interview process. The words "hell-bent to get out of there" seem to describe it.

And if Bud truly is at a philosophical impasse when it comes to embracing the rebuild (and maybe Schlenk just royally gets on his nerves), then Hawks ownership/management are obligated to avoid a situation where a coach is there against his will. If Bud vehemently wants out, then the Hawks must do what is best for the Hawks. Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. :aikido:

They cannot cater to a coach, any more than they should cater to the emotional needs and biases of fans like us.

10 minutes ago, parfait said:

It takes two to divorce. And in this case, there's a very good chance that Bud is the one who unilaterally filed for divorce. He definitely seems to be driving this random interview process. The words "hell-bent to get out of there" seem to describe it.

And if Bud truly is at a philosophical impasse when it comes to embracing the rebuild (and maybe Schlenk just royally gets on his nerves), then Hawks ownership/management are obligated to avoid a situation where a coach is there against his will. If Bud vehemently wants out, then the Hawks must do what is best for the Hawks. Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. :aikido:

They cannot cater to a coach, any more than they should cater to the emotional needs and biases of fans like us.

When that coach is far better than the GM you are catering to, you should do whatever it takes to make the coach happy.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When that coach is far better than the GM you are catering to, you should do whatever it takes to make the coach happy.

We know that Bud is far better at coaching than Schlenk is (although I heard he ran a hell of a practice for Ron Jirsa back at UGA, lol). But remember, a lot of Bud's appeal is still tied to potential. The 60 win season that highlights his resume was certainly more than meets the eye. The reality is that that team peaked in February. They limped to the finish line. Then they barely scraped by a sub-500 Brooklyn team in the first round of the playoffs. Then they proceeded to stink up the joint further, as they slipped past a John Wall-less Washington team the next round. Finally, they embarrassed themselves for the final time that season by getting boat-raced, both physically and tactically, by Cleveland.

Bud is a top 10/12 coach for sure. But so far, the only tangible thing that he has accomplished is to lead some scrappy, blue-collar teams to mediocre finishes. Now the organization would like to infuse the roster with some higher level talent. And if Bud doesn't have the patience for that, then that's reasonable. Heck, I'm sure they've tried to convince him to stay, but that's just speculation on my part. None of us know the truth about their relationships (I can't wait for Steve Koonin's tell-all!)

But to bend over backwards (and back up the brinks truck even further) for a coach that seems good but hasn't actually accomplished anything yet, and is militantly against management's decision to rebuild...I'm sorry, he ain't got no rings on his fingers, just diplomas on the wall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, parfait said:

We know that Bud is far better at coaching than Schlenk is (although I heard he ran a hell of a practice for Ron Jirsa back at UGA, lol). But remember, a lot of Bud's appeal is still tied to potential. The 60 win season that highlights his resume was certainly more than meets the eye. The reality is that that team peaked in February. They limped to the finish line. Then they barely scraped by a sub-500 Brooklyn team in the first round of the playoffs. Then they proceeded to stink up the joint further, as they slipped past a John Wall-less Washington team the next round. Finally, they embarrassed themselves for the final time that season by getting boat-raced, both physically and tactically, by Cleveland.

Bud is a top 10/12 coach for sure. But so far, the only tangible thing that he has accomplished is to lead some scrappy, blue-collar teams to mediocre finishes. Now the organization would like to infuse the roster with some higher level talent. And if Bud doesn't have the patience for that, then that's reasonable. Heck, I'm sure they've tried to convince him to stay, but that's just speculation on my part. None of us know the truth about their relationships (I can't wait for Steve Koonin's tell-all!)

But to bend over backwards (and back up the brinks truck even further) for a coach that seems good but hasn't actually accomplished anything yet, and is militantly against management's decision to rebuild...I'm sorry, he ain't got no rings on his fingers, just diplomas on the wall.

Bud consistently gets more out of what he has than an average coach would be able to get out of that talent.  Even this year, this team had the talent of an 18-19 win team, and they won 24 games just based on Bud's coaching alone.  That's probably one of the issues with our loser GM.  Bud is too good to go along with a stupid philosophy.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud consistently gets more out of what he has than an average coach would be able to get out of that talent.  Even this year, this team had the talent of an 18-19 win team, and they won 24 games just based on Bud's coaching alone.  That's probably one of the issues with our loser GM.  Bud is too good to go along with a stupid philosophy.

I definitely won't argue against Bud being a good coach. He has shown himself to be a good coach over his 5 seasons.

But there simply isn't enough evidence with which to label Travis Schlenk a "loser" GM with "stupid" philosophies. He was the lead personnel guy in Golden State, where they drafted well, and managed the cap well. He got a ringing endorsement from Jerry West. He nailed his first draft with the Hawks. He was able to scrape out an asset for Milsap, when he was all but gone for nothing. He avoided the temptation of matching the lavish Hardaway Jr. contract. And he signed a couple of value free agents in Dedmon and Ilyosova. He is not accomplished yet, by any means, but he shows great potential.

The ideal scenario would be these two guys working together. But if Bud is saying, "It's my way or the highway," which he appears to be doing, then a responsible owner cannot throw out the GM that he just hired to undo the damage done, ironically, by GM Bud.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, parfait said:

I definitely won't argue against Bud being a good coach. He has shown himself to be a good coach over his 5 seasons.

But there simply isn't enough evidence with which to label Travis Schlenk a "loser" GM with "stupid" philosophies. He was the lead personnel guy in Golden State, where they drafted well, and managed the cap well. He got a ringing endorsement from Jerry West. He nailed his first draft with the Hawks. He was able to scrape out an asset for Milsap, when he was all but gone for nothing. He avoided the temptation of matching the lavish Hardaway Jr. contract. And he signed a couple of value free agents in Dedmon and Ilyosova. He is not accomplished yet, by any means, but he shows great potential.

The ideal scenario would be these two guys working together. But if Bud is saying, "It's my way or the highway," which he appears to be doing, then a responsible owner cannot throw out the GM that he just hired to undo the damage done, ironically, by GM Bud.

GM Bud didn't do the damage though.  That was the owner Ressler when he mandated that GM Bud sign Dwight Howard.

The fact that Schlenk chose to tank this team to the bottom of the NBA tells me all I need to know about him.