• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Next Bud rumor: New York Knicks

rd79

27 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Coach Bud if he goes to the Knicks:

excited ralph wiggum GIF

This is nuts if he does keep talking to other teams. I have never seen or heard anything like this before. A signed coach actively shopping himself.

At this point I'd say the Hawks wanting compensation thing is 100% proven at this point. 

Otherwise... Why not just fire him? 

Dude wants out so bad he's interviewing with... The Knicks? 

I don't think either party wants him here... Which seems to point to the only reason he hasn't been fired is because the Hawks want something. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Afro said:

At this point I'd say the Hawks wanting compensation thing is 100% proven at this point. 

I don't think either party wants him here... Which seems to point to the only reason he hasn't been fired is because the Hawks want something. 

He can't interview with other teams without the permission of the Hawks.  If they fire him they owe him $14M and get nothing.  If they trade him, they owe him nothing and get compensation.  It should not even be on the radar to fire him even if they are done with him.

Does make me less optimistic for a reunion (which I wasn't overly optimistic about after the Phoenix interviews).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

He can't interview with other teams without the permission of the Hawks.  If they fire him they owe him $14M and get nothing.  If they trade him, they owe him nothing and get compensation.  It should not even be on the radar to fire him even if they are done with him.

Does make me less optimistic for a reunion (which I wasn't overly optimistic about after the Phoenix interviews).

I'd say a pick and someone else paying for him is exactly the compensation I was talking about lol

• Moderators

custom.jpg

Presenting: The smooth stylings of James Dolan.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/18/dolan-talks-about-his-knicks-rebuild-vision/

“Everybody who wants to talk about the Knicks wants to ask me about Phil Jackson,” Dolan said, smiling and shaking his head. “The entire market wanted to me to hire him and when I did, the entire market said it was a great move. The only thing was, everyone said that I shouldn’t interfere with him.

“Three years later, everyone wanted to know when I was going to do something about Phil. The same people who told me not to interfere wanted me to interfere. But that’s OK. I just think that Phil underestimated the job.

“I think Hornacek had the same kind of issue that Phil did in that he didn’t grasp how different the players are now in the way they think and deal with management and the coaches,” Dolan said. “I think he was way behind on that.

“But I think Jeff is a good coach and he’ll do well when he’s hired by another team.”

“Basketball is different than hockey,” the Garden executive chairman said during a conversation at his MSG office on Wednesday. “A great player in hockey is the difference, but a great player in basketball is the team.

“And I think we have a great player in Porzingis. We just have to build around him.”

853885414-e1507213112484.jpg?w=610&h=343

maxresdefault.jpg

GettyImages-854101702.jpg

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

:Bud: "But at least I'd have Unicorn back for 2018-19, right? Right?"

Dolan:

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif?d

“I’ve been told everything from December to him being out for the season, so I don’t know what to expect on that,” Dolan said. “But we can’t just sit on our [patootie] while he’s away. We need to develop a team and then integrate him into it when he comes back.”

~lw3

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Afro said:

You say that like the Hawks are in a better situation than the Knicks.  They have a borderline All-NBA player to build around.

• Premium Member

In short, Budenholzer would have to be offered a job elsewhere (something that seemingly never transpired in Phoenix), agree to a contract with another team and, after that sequence was complete, the Hawks and his new employer would then engage in discussions surrounding potential compensation

Ressler and Schlenk are really screwing things up.  Just because Bud wasn't on board with your stupid tanking ideals, you want to push him out.  Stupid, stupid, stupid!  You have a friggin top 5 NBA head coach, but you'd rather move along with someone that will be a yes man for you and go a long with a losing strategy.  

• Like 1