Does Dennis Want Out?

marco102

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we can't get a great return for Dennis, don't trade him. I understand why he wouldn't be valuable to the rest of the league but even with all his flaws he's a solid PG with a lot of room for improvement. He's not that much worse than Kemba Walker who's an All-Star. He's a good mid-range shooter, you have to imagine at some point he'll figure out how to extend that range to the 3 point line. Trading him for peanuts is just going to set us back and it's not necessary. This rebuild doesn't have to take longer than 3 years, I don't want to wait as long as Sixers fans just to get back to the playoffs.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, DS5 said:

All the rumors,

I truly am not aware of any non Hawksquawk generated rumors about Dennis being traded.  Someone please provide me with a link of a rumor that either Schlenk doesn't like him or wants to trade him

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I truly am not aware of any non Hawksquawk generated rumors about Dennis being traded.  Someone please provide me with a link of a rumor that either Schlenk doesn't like him or wants to trade him

I didn't say there were rumors about Schlenk wanting to trade him. And nothing factual or quotes from anyone other than Dennis' interview with the German outlet. Again, all hypothetical here, but I do have a feeling that he's on his way out. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, DS5 said:

but I do have a feeling that he's on his way out. 

Its only because you come here and read what others are speculating.  No one in the Hawks organization has leaked a Schröder trade or an interest in Young but that doesn't stop the conspiracy theorist on this message board

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Its only because you come here and read what others are speculating.  No one in the Hawks organization has leaked a Schröder trade or an interest in Young but that doesn't stop the conspiracy theorist on this message board

I hope you're right. I think Schlenk did talk about Young before though. And keep in mind that Dennis did delete all his Hawks stuff online. I know I know, we're reading too much into the situation, but that combined with his "desire to play for Milwaukee or Indiana," on top of, as you said, coming to the squawk, lead me to believe that there may be some truth behind it. 

• Premium Member
On 5/29/2018 at 7:59 AM, Jungle Jack said:

That last sentence is almost caustic in its subversion.  Props.  That would be the crapshow to end all crapshows.  Does make one wonder what now has become the vanguard these days in respect to performance drugs.  For better or worse, the very question of how he has produced both in durability and performance at age 33 might perhaps rise above whisper.

Image result for Lebron Steroids

• Premium Member

It's not a matter of if Dennis wants out of if we can get a "great" return for him.  It's up to what Pierce wants in his PG.   If Pierce doesn't want Dennis then we can hold on to him, but it's likely that Pierce will have him replaced by allstar break.   That scenerio wreck's Dennis' value. 

The best option is to draft somebody and then have a real serious conversation with the coach.   Somebody to me is like this guy Anfernee.   He has Size to go along with potential.   I also like this guy De"Anthony Melton.

It's not a matter of if Dennis wants out of if we can get a "great" return for him.  It's up to what Pierce wants in his PG.   If Pierce doesn't want Dennis then we can hold on to him, but it's likely that Pierce will have him replaced by allstar break.   That scenerio wreck's Dennis' value. 

The best option is to draft somebody and then have a real serious conversation with the coach.   Somebody to me is like this guy Anfernee.   He has Size to go along with potential.   I also like this guy De"Anthony Melton.

Can either of those guys actually play PG? I'm not even sure if Simons will get on the floor his rookie year.

On 6/5/2018 at 3:17 PM, DS5 said:

I hope you're right. I think Schlenk did talk about Young before though. And keep in mind that Dennis did delete all his Hawks stuff online. I know I know, we're reading too much into the situation, but that combined with his "desire to play for Milwaukee or Indiana," on top of, as you said, coming to the squawk, lead me to believe that there may be some truth behind it. 

So did Julio and he is still a Falcon. Let a grown man do what he wants with his social media. 

On 6/5/2018 at 5:05 PM, Diesel said:

Id take dennis over someone who is barely 2nd round right now and another who might barely make it in the 1st. Pierce and Schröder had a convo and it appeared to be positive. So im going with Dennis as my PG from here on out. 

So did Julio and he is still a Falcon. Let a grown man do what he wants with his social media. 

And Julio still hasn't shown up and he wants a new contract. I agree it's just social media but when you combine that with everything else...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just now, DS5 said:

And Julio still hasn't shown up and he wants a new contract. I agree it's just social media but when you combine that with everything else...

Tony Gonzalez did the same thing though every year he was here. Julio said it was for his health. Players already tearing ACLs right now. Julio will be ready when the time comes.

Just now, Johnnybravo4 said:

Send him to Cleveland for 8th pick and George Hill.  Draft Bagley and Trae Young.  Hill has a bad contract but will be expiring in 2019-20. 

Cleveland won't touch this. They traded for that pick with Kyrie. Our best chance to get a PG is if Lonzo Ball became available and we used our other picks and cap space to get other picks to trade for him if they want to land CP3/LeBron/PG13. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cleveland won't touch this. They traded for that pick with Kyrie. Our best chance to get a PG is if Lonzo Ball became available and we used our other picks and cap space to get other picks to trade for him if they want to land CP3/LeBron/PG13. 

They have to convince Lebron to stay. If he couldn't wait on Wiggins he damn sure wont wait on a #8 pick. Dennis is an upgrade over hill and they get rid of his contract 

11 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

They have to convince Lebron to stay. If he couldn't wait on Wiggins he damn sure wont wait on a #8 pick. Dennis is an upgrade over hill and they get rid of his contract 

Dennis is not an upgrade of any level to convince anyone to do anything. It's unlikely Dennis can get us a 1st without us taking back a bad player in return. 

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Dennis is not an upgrade of any level to convince anyone to do anything. It's unlikely Dennis can get us a 1st without us taking back a bad player in return. 

What is also difficult is I think we'd be looking to acquire a point guard in said deals, in which case they might just draft who we're looking at. But if we take back players like Noah/Knight/Dellevadova I think we could move from 19 to the late lottery 

Tony Gonzalez did the same thing though every year he was here. Julio said it was for his health. Players already tearing ACLs right now. Julio will be ready when the time comes.

You were saying about Julio? Going back to Dennis, I'm pretty convinced that he won't be a hawk for much longer.

On 5/14/2018 at 5:07 PM, AtlKauzie said:

Why blow this out of proportion? all he said was he wants to compete while he's approaching his prime and wants to confirm the direction of the team. Wanting to know whats going on is completely understandable considering he's been in germany this whole time and now there is a new coach. Now if he said “i hate atlanta and want out no matter what” then there's somthing to talk about.

I think the whole blown out of proportion part came not just from his request to be traded but his deletion of all things Hawks related in social media. I have been a strong advocate of Dennis but if he doesn't want to be here that bad I'm sure we can find a more athletic/diverse team oriented player at his position. Seeing guards like Dennis Smith Jr., a healthy Markell Fults and guards of those molds (pass, shoot,defend,quick) gives me hope that we can find someone better as a player and for our team.