Does Dennis Want Out?

marco102

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Lloyd does not strike me as a person who minces words. He will be correct with Dennis; and that includes items such as:

If you want to be elite, you need to be all in with us. You are great at getting into the paint; next step is becoming great at finishing and kicking. You need to work on your jump shot and turn overs.

Dennis whole problem is he thinks he is elite already. In Germany he is, in the NBA not close. He has some work to do to get there. Lloyd could be a great fit for him. If not, moving him will become a priority real soon.

He did say he would like to stay. And if thats the case Ill love to see what Pierce can do with him

2 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

He did say he would like to stay. And if thats the case Ill love to see what Pierce can do with him

I have always liked the idea of Dennis becoming a all-star. Maybe not 1st team but certainly in the same sense as Teague, Sap, and Horford did. Physically I think he has the tools. Mentally he needs to be a more positive role model and influence; and a lot of that is also physically putting in the work.

If Dennis wants to be our floor general then lead by being a good example in no uncertain terms.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I have always liked the idea of Dennis becoming a all-star. Maybe not 1st team but certainly in the same sense as Teague, Sap, and Horford did. Physically I think he has the tools. Mentally he needs to be a more positive role model and influence; and a lot of that is also physically putting in the work.

If Dennis wants to be our floor general then lead by being a good example in no uncertain terms.

Totally understand. It makes me feel better that he didn't go the Julio route and actually showed up and talked to Pierce. I hope they are having a positive convo 

2 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

CLP: "Aye Dennis, c'mon in.  Sit down .... thas my seat, chump!

Kick

CLP: Hey, c'mon in Dennis.  Hey, put this dinosaur suit on ...

Dennis: But why, coach ....

CLP: I'll tell ya in a sec ... p-p-p-pow, pow, pow ... buh-bloom!!!

Uppercut

Seriously though, I wanted these two to just get in a room and talk.  Chances are CLP will be able to sell his program to Dennis.  At the point he (Dennis) was axed about thangs, he hadn't really had a chance to chat.  Just chat.  So many of the world's problems can be solved with a simple eye-to-eye discussion.

Many times feuding parties find they can't maintain a level of vitriol when they're forced to actually see the person they're vying with.  More often than not, they find common ground which provides the basis from which consensus can be established.

Even if they choose to part ways, they can at least formulate a coordinated plan which can benefit both parties much more than twit-snipes can ever accomplish.

This is a very positive step IMEO.

• Like 2

I think the market for Dennis is also going to help them come together. But Dennis really isn't far off from being a winning player. Hopefully Pierce can connect with him in a way that Bud couldn't. In addition to Dennis just growing up. He's still a youngster. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

I think the market for Dennis is also going to help them come together. But Dennis really isn't far off from being a winning player. Hopefully Pierce can connect with him in a way that Bud couldn't. In addition to Dennis just growing up. He's still a youngster. 

He has some immaturity to overcome and listening to the German pundits is not helping him with the idea that he needs to improve. This is solely my opinion; but I think every time he goes home he is treated like the second coming of Dirk. In a nutshell, he is a rock star in the off season and is not really working to improve.

We can only wait and see if he goes all in on improving or not.

20 hours ago, Buzzard said:

He has some immaturity to overcome and listening to the German pundits is not helping him with the idea that he needs to improve. This is solely my opinion; but I think every time he goes home he is treated like the second coming of Dirk. In a nutshell, he is a rock star in the off season and is not really working to improve.

We can only wait and see if he goes all in on improving or not.

No he isn't treated like Dirk at all. His confidence is viewn as arrogance much more than in the US. Many doesn't know him at all and media coverage is often negative.

But at the moment American media starts to focus on negative aspects too. Coverage is full of claims he asked for a trade and even has the arrogance to ask for certain teams where he wants to be traded to, but but he didn't.

He said ATL is bis town and he wants to stay. (No Problem!)

He said he doesn't want to play his prime (25, 26, 27, 28, 29) for a Team at the bottom of the Eastern conference. (No Problem, an athlete who would be okay with that is a loser. )

He said he wants to talk to the management about that. (No problem, that could mean everything from just asking for more supporting cast, a short rebuild, the announcement that he wont extend his contract if ATL stays that bad until it ends. Of course it could mean asking for a trade but that's speculation.)

He should have ended his annonchments at this point in my opinion.

But he also said pacers and bucks are going in the right direction and he has friends there, (no Problem so far) and he would be okay with being traded there (not clever to say but no way that's a request to be traded to this Teams)

The biggest Problem I See in this whole topic is Prince that criticizing him (of that soldiers/generals tweet was for Dennis) and Dennis response. Because that could destroy Team chemistry or be a sign of already existing locker room issues.

(My take on this issue is: Prince gfys, Dennis the best player on the Team and he also is your floor General!)

• Like 3

Excuse the spelling, but my phone's German auto correct drives me crazy when writing in english

Example:

excuse the spelling, but my phone's Herman auto correct drives me crazy Ehen writing in english.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rd79 said:

No he isn't treated like Dirk at all. His confidence is viewn as arrogance much more than in the US. Many doesn't know him at all and media coverage is often negative.

But at the moment American media starts to focus on negative aspects too. Coverage is full of claims he asked for a trade and even has the arrogance to ask for certain teams where he wants to be traded to, but but he didn't.

He said he doesn't want to play his prime (25, 26, 27, 28, 29) for a Team at the bottom of the Eastern conference. (No Problem, an athlete who would be okay with that is a loser. )

He said he wants to talk to the management about that. (No problem, that could mean everything from just asking for more supporting cast, a short rebuild, the announcement that he wont extend his contract if ATL stays that bad until it ends. Of course it could mean asking for a trade but that's speculation.)

But he also said pacers and bucks are going in the right direction and he has friends there, (no Problem so far) and he would be okay with being traded there (not clever to say but no way that's a request to be traded to this Teams)

The biggest Problem I See in this whole topic is Prince that criticizing him (of that soldiers/generals tweet was for Dennis) and Dennis response. Because that could destroy Team chemistry or be a sign of already existing locker room issues.

(My take on this issue is: Prince gfys, Dennis the best player on the Team and he also is your floor General!)

If only the Hawks merited enough interest and concern to warrant such media concern!  Sadly, what little coverage nationwide coming up will be about the legal and should he be traded.

Makes total sense that no player wants to play on a losing concern, but no doubt a certain few can rationalize having a far longer off season and whatnot.  Especially when Bud made the games look respectable on the whole with not too many blowouts considering the records.  Of course, most and many will not want to spend their time amidst failure.  Doubly for someone with international standing.

29 minutes ago, rd79 said:

He talked to the German media and brought up going to other teams. No one did this but him. Confidence is great but when he shoots under .300 from the three point line, maybe he should temper that until he can actually shoot as well as most NBA Point Guards. Now throw in the fact he had one of the worse assist to turn over ratios of any starting PG in the NBA and you can see why some of us who want Dennis to be an All-Star are beginning to have serious doubts. All the court bullying drama aside his performance on the basketball court needs to improve substantially. 

I get you love Dennis; but stats are stats and facts are facts. Everything I highlighted in the above paragraph is a fact with nothing added due to me being biased to wanting Dennis to succeed.

7 hours ago, rd79 said:

Glad to see a Germans pov. We don't know what  was said in the meetings he had with Pierce and Co but they have to be positive if he is practicing already 

• Premium Member

I’m not a fan of his attitude at all. He seems arrogant and the stuff he did last offseason was immature. I do think he’s talented and hope that a younger coach might be able to level with him more. If we get a good offer for him, by all means I’m cool with trading him. With his talent though, there is no reason to give him away for nothing if he’s willing to buy in to what Pierce is saying. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/24/2018 at 3:08 PM, High5 said:

Uhm.. Coach Pierce preaches Defense.   Dennis doesn't do that.   Coach Pierce preaches team first.   Dennis doesn't do that.  Dennis may be traded or he just may be on Pierces bench by Mid season.  Either way... I don't see a future with Dennis in Atlanta. 

14 hours ago, Diesel said:

Uhm.. Coach Pierce preaches Defense.   Dennis doesn't do that.   Coach Pierce preaches team first.   Dennis doesn't do that.  Dennis may be traded or he just may be on Pierces bench by Mid season.  Either way... I don't see a future with Dennis in Atlanta. 

He didn't do that under Bud. We have no idea what he would do under Pierce. Schröder was a decent defender in his early years when he didnt have to shoulder the load on offense. Add a better supporting cast and we see a different Schröder in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get: Jonathan Isaac+ Terrence Ross (flip later)  + 6th pick(2018) + 2019 1st round pick (top 2 protected).

Magic get: Dennis Schröder + 3rd pick

??

would you?

It is tempting but I don't think the Magic do it at all. They would possibly do something like that to get Ayton though.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We have a lot of value placed on Dennis.   2 1st rounders??  Wow.  

I would be happy if Dennis plus our late first could get us Jabari Paker. 

The move up from 6 to 3 is the big value to me. But I still don't think they do it. I think Orlando got out of the we only need one player mode after they moved Serge to Toronto. What a fiasco trading for Serge was. Olydipo was probably the most improved player last year.

I also think Presti finally blew a trade by taking on George short term for Olydipo and Sabonis.