• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Dennis Want Out?

marco102

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/5/14/17353006/dennis-Schröder-atlanta-hawks-future-meeting-trade-rumors-nba-indiana-pacers-milwaukee-bucks 

Dennis Schröder said he wants to stay in Atlanta if it looks like things are going in the right direction. But he said he wants to compete while in his prime: pic.twitter.com/3SOokRq2LV

— David Hein (@heinnews) May 14, 2018

Lastly, the most bizarre portion of the reported press conference took place with direct reference to two NBA teams in the Indiana Pacers and Milwaukee Bucks.

Dennis Schröder told a press conference in Germany that @Pacers (he has a good relationship with Victor Oladipo) and @Bucks would be teams he could imagine being traded to: pic.twitter.com/9d9QxBQ8Pj

— David Hein (@heinnews) May 14, 2018

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He gone. 

Yup...I believe bud is going to Milwaukee and taking Dennis with him. We will get the bucks draft pick and probably try to combine the later first rd picks to move up towards the end of the lottery 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

No Dennis doesn't want out...He wants to know what the plan is going forward. KB21has gotten into his head and filled it with nonsense spewed on this MB about some 5 year tank plan.

What does this even mean?  KB21 does not speak with Dennis.  Did you read the article?  Yeah, he wants to know the future, but he also said he doesn't want to be second to last in the east anymore.  Like I will support Dennis as long as he's a Hawk, but he's no Kyrie and he has no leverage when it comes to requesting trades. 

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

What does this even mean?  KB21 does not speak with Dennis.  Did you read the article?  Yeah, he wants to know the future, but he also said he doesn't want to be second to last in the east anymore.  Like I will support Dennis as long as he's a Hawk, but he's no Kyrie and he has no leverage when it comes to requesting trades. 

Yeah I read the article...He said staying in Atlanta is his preference but he needs to meet with management to see if they are going in the right direction.  The part about KB was obviously a joke.

Why blow this out of proportion? all he said was he wants to compete while he's approaching his prime and wants to confirm the direction of the team. Wanting to know whats going on is completely understandable considering he's been in germany this whole time and now there is a new coach. Now if he said “i hate atlanta and want out no matter what” then there's somthing to talk about.

Edited by AtlKauzie
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

Why blow this out of proportion? all he said was he wants to compete while he's approaching his prime and wants to confirm the direction of the team. Wanting to know whats going on is completely understandable considering he's been in germany this whole time and now there is a new coach. Now if he said “i hate atlanta and want out no matter what” then there's somthing to talk about.

Because this is how some of these guy think which I find very strange. Maybe secretly the OP wants Dennis gone and this is his passive aggressive way of hoping he demands a trade.

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yup...I believe bud is going to Milwaukee and taking Dennis with him. We will get the bucks draft pick and probably try to combine the later first rd picks to move up towards the end of the lottery 

I like this. A lot actually. Initially I was thinking we hold on to him to up his value but if the Bucks want to give us the 17th pick and an asset I’m down to pull it. I want this even though salaries don’t matchup.

Bucks get: Dennis+Baze

Hawks get: 17th+ Brogdon

But more realistic seems like:

Bucks get : Dennis +30th

Hawks get: 17th+ Brogdon+Henson (although I think he has another 2 years guaranteed which isn’t the best but he is a value able contributor and makes below the avg. market price for guys in his position).

Either way, any of these type combinations works for me. Seems like a fair trade both ways.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AtlKauzie said:

Read between the lines.   He is year 2 of a 4 year deal.  The Hawks will not be competitive before his contract is up.  

He gone

25 minutes ago, JTB said:

Set your sights a little lower than a first round pick.  

• Admin
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I like this. A lot actually. Initially I was thinking we hold on to him to up his value but if the Bucks want to give us the 17th pick and an asset I’m down to pull it. I want this even though salaries don’t matchup.

Bucks get: Dennis+Baze

Hawks get: 17th+ Brogdon

But more realistic seems like:

Bucks get : Dennis +30th

Hawks get: 17th+ Brogdon+Henson (although I think he has another 2 years guaranteed which isn’t the best but he is a value able contributor and makes below the avg. market price for guys in his position).

Either way, any of these type combinations works for me. Seems like a fair trade both ways.

I would do that in a HEARTBEAT ... love Brogdon ... I don't see the Bucks doing it though ... especially with Bledsoe on the roster ... why add Dennis?   However, I would jump at the chance to make that trade and not look back.

On a different note ... if that wasn't out there I would see if the Clippers would bite on a package that would get us one of their firsts (to nab Gilgeous-Alexander) 

I'm all for trading him, he seems like a polarizing personality locker room wise and his ceiling looks lower by the year. There are plenty of shoot first point guards that barely play defense and struggle with 3pt shooting that we can replace him with if that's what we want.

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I would do that in a HEARTBEAT ... love Brogdon ... I don't see the Bucks doing it though ... especially with Bledsoe on the roster ... why add Dennis?   However, I would jump at the chance to make that trade and not look back.

On a different note ... if that wasn't out there I would see if the Clippers would bite on a package that would get us one of their firsts (to nab Gilgeous-Alexander) 

I would love to switch out Dennis for Gilgeous-Alexander.. that almost sounds too good to be true lol

• Admin
1 minute ago, Flight said:

I'm all for trading him, he seems like a polarizing personality locker room wise and his ceiling looks lower by the year. There are plenty of shoot first point guards that barely play defense and struggle with 3pt shooting that we can replace him with if that's what we want.

I always like a pass first pg but I am okay with his shoot first mentality (especially with the current lack of scorers) ... but yet his complete lack of defense is the most disappointing thing about him to me.  He came in with all this defense acclaim and his long arms and how he loved how rondo played.  He puts 0 effort into d and for me its a reason to go in a different direction.

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

I always like a pass first pg but I am okay with his shoot first mentality (especially with the current lack of scorers) ... but yet his complete lack of defense is the most disappointing thing about him to me.  He came in with all this defense acclaim and his long arms and how he loved how rondo played.  He puts 0 effort into d and for me its a reason to go in a different direction.

I'm fine with a shoot first mentality on a point guard for now, but when it comes to actually competing in the future it's going to hurt us. Any elite PG that's a scorer is still getting more players involved than Dennis does (I.E. Westbrook, John Wall, Dame, Kyrie etc.)

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Because this is how some of these guy think which I find very strange. Maybe secretly the OP wants Dennis gone and this is his passive aggressive way of hoping he demands a trade.

DUDE! I have no agenda when I post here unlike you with your Bud agenda.

The article makes you ask the questions.   Does he want to be here now that Bud's gone?  Does he think Schlenk wants him out?  I just posted the article to get the discussion going because you know this is a message board and it's kind of Hawks related. 

Didn't say I wanted him gone.  I support Dennis a lot more than most fans and Peachtreehoops for that matter.  I think the rebuild will take much longer without Dennis and I want the winning to start sooner rather than later.  One more year of being at the top of the draft, would be most ideal.

44 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Dennis has character questions now.  We are lucky if we get anything higher than 25 for him.    

Unless we take on some bad salary for him, which I'd be willing to do if it nets a solid asset. I could see Milwaukee or Detroit being interested and they have a lot of bad money.