Steve Koonin: the Hawks will be insanely aggressive.

Brotha2ThaNite

• Moderators

The comment about thinking the draft is deep in talent makes me a little worried about the possibility of trading down.  That can work out but we cannot afford to miss on our first pick.

• Like 4

Well, in deep drafts like this, you can't wait until draft night to make swaps. I think you'll start seeing trades, jockeying starting Monday/Tuesday.

Just now, NBASupes said:

This is literally the most inside information you will likely get till Thursday from the Hawks

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, AHF said:

The comment about thinking the draft is deep in talent makes me a little worried about the possibility of trading down.  That can work out but we cannot afford to miss on our first pick.

This is where I worry about the Hawks trying to ne too cute witb the pick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

That being said I don't see Dennis and Baze on this team after Thursday night.

Dennis yes, Baze no.....Baze is less "productive" than Dennis but at a higher need position but also at a higher salary. He is only worth his salary at the 2 and to a team with a need there.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, GameTime said:

That being said I don't see Dennis and Baze on this team after Thursday night.

31 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Dennis yes, Baze no.....Baze is less "productive" than Dennis but at a higher need position but also at a higher salary. He is only worth his salary at the 2 and to a team with a need there.

Who's missing?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

RUMOR CONTROL:

Wild speculation, or is it?  You decide.

In addition to our already many picks, Hawks are said to be considering adding pick #4 along with Chandler Parsons and pick # 14 and Kenneth Faried.

The teams with pick #4 and #14 want rid of these players and their big $$$$ salaries.  Hawks have loads and loads of cap space.  The question is, what would we have to do to make this happen?  Would we even want to?

So many wild rumors.  So few true facts.  Ah, well.  That's part of the fun of this year's draft...

:laugh:

You know... Faried + 14 + 30 + 34 might get them to listen to Parsons + 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

If we assume Koonin's assertion is accurate (and I'm like the others who just take him to be a hype machine now), I agree that's what it sounds like but I can't imagine any deal that leaves us with less than a top 8 pick at worst.

• Like 1