• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Koonin: the Hawks will be insanely aggressive.

Brotha2ThaNite

22 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I think they'll go the be here tbh. Base especially, really not sure what his value is. Could be wrong.

Who would want them? Let me explain something that basketball fans don't seem to understand. Other teams don't want your mediocre over paid players. 

I don't think we will trade down from 3 unless the consensus is Young is the best of the lot in which case it makes all the sense in the world to move down to around 6 or 7.  That said, the optics of trading down for that high of a pick in what is considered a very solid draft would be horrid.  All other picks I would reckon would be exceedingly in play.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

I don't think we will trade down from 3 unless the consensus is Young is the best of the lot in which case it makes all the sense in the world to move down to around 6 or 7.  That said, the optics of trading down for that high of a pick in what is considered a very solid draft would be horrid.  All other picks I would reckon would be exceedingly in play.

I take no issue with the idea of trading down but with that comes what the additional compensation for doing so is and how far back is the trade. It will more than likely be a future 1st round pick.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I take no issue with the idea of trading down but with that comes what the additional compensation for doing so is and how far back is the trade. It will more than likely be a future 1st round pick.

Absolutely.  Without a doubt this draft and the attendant tank trades represent an inflection point where the Hawks could become legit or in tried and true Atlanta sports tradition somehow be cursed.  I just cannot fathom a world where Atlanta (especially when factoring in UGA) is not the most tortured fanbase in the country.

I suppose considering just how much of a crapshoot that the NBA Draft is that potentially drafting 4 in the top 34 picks makes sense.  

While we are decidedly deep in the tank, I still struggle with the idea of trying to integrate four rookies at once.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Absolutely.  Without a doubt this draft and the attendant tank trades represent an inflection point where the Hawks could become legit or in tried and true Atlanta sports tradition somehow be cursed.  I just cannot fathom a world where Atlanta (especially when factoring in UGA) is not the most tortured fanbase in the country.

I suppose considering just how much of a crapshoot that the NBA Draft is that potentially drafting 4 in the top 34 picks makes sense.  

While we are decidedly deep in the tank, I still struggle with the idea of trying to integrate four rookies at once.

That's why I've said i see us combining two of the picks to move up, or if we keep 4 one will be a draft and stazh.

• Moderators

JT at 10

Cal Bowdler at 17

Dion Glover at 20

Traded the 27th pick (Jumaine Jones) for a future first that we used as one of several assets to acquire Lorenzen Wright (last point is from memory so someone correct me if I messed up on our trade)

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Moore suggests the team could send the No. 1 pick to Atlanta for the No. 3 and Dennis Schröder if Phoenix wants to get creative. In addition to the top choice, the Suns own the No. 16, No. 31 & No. 59 overall selections. Here’s more from the franchise:

Now in this instance Schlenk should be tarred and feathered. Unless I’m missing something what would make this attractive.

• Like 1

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/

Moore suggests the team could send the No. 1 pick to Atlanta for the No. 3 and Dennis Schröder if Phoenix wants to get creative. In addition to the top choice, the Suns own the No. 16, No. 31 & No. 59 overall selections. Here’s more from the franchise:

Now in this instance Schlenk should be tarred and feathered. Unless I’m missing something what would make this attractive.

If it's for Ayton, it's a bold move, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. I like Bamba and I like Doncic, but I have Ayton ahead of both of them. I'm more than willing to lose Dennis to move up two spots.

42 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If it's for Ayton, it's a bold move, but I'd do it in a heartbeat. I like Bamba and I like Doncic, but I have Ayton ahead of both of them. I'm more than willing to lose Dennis to move up two spots.

The scary thing about Ayton (scary good) is that he has room to put another 20 or 30 pounds on that frame. He could end up huge and unstoppable in the post in today's small quick NBA.

43 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

It would be more like

1+ 16 + minor salary dump for

Dennis + 3 +19 +30.

Ideally they would like someone to take Chandler but realize that isn't going to happen and stay in the top 5.

It would be more like

1+ 16 + minor salary dump for

Dennis + 3 +19 +30.

Ideally they would like someone to take Chandler but realize that isn't going to happen and stay in the top 5.

Hopefully we'd counter with some future protected picks, but I'd be a fan of the move. I want to keep those picks, but it's still Ayton>everyone else for me.