Report: Hawks eyeing Luka Doncic with the No. 3 pick.

Brotha2ThaNite

If this happens... I hope he turns out to be a star NBA player.  

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/06/20/report-hawks-eyeing-luka-doncic-with-the-no-3-pick/

From Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Slovenian teen star Luka Doncic has elevated to the forefront of the Atlanta Hawks’ internal discussions on the third overall pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, league sources told ESPN….

Doncic started to separate himself in organizational discussions around the choice, an examination that has included a tremendous intrigue with Jaren Jackson Jr., league sources said.

• 5 years later...

Luka just qualified for Basketball Reference’s HOF probability tracker.  He’s at 36.8%. Trae is at 9.4.

The Mavs have an all time winning percentage of .567 when Luka starts, .424 when he’s out.  The Hawks are .451 and .450 with Trae, respectively.

15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Luka just qualified for Basketball Reference’s HOF probability tracker.  He’s at 36.8%. Trae is at 9.4.

The Mavs have an all time winning percentage of .567 when Luka starts, .424 when he’s out.  The Hawks are .451 and .450 with Trae, respectively.

200.webp?cid=790b761190mdqe1hoz9zs8362ns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I know it is easy to forget but the Hawks tanked for two years with Trae starting 141 games in those tanking seasons while Dallas has never had a tanking season with Luka.  So you are comparing apples to oranges.

I'm very confident both players will be HOFer when their career is over.

Luka is the better player career to date.

Without the tanking seasons, the Hawks have won 51.5% of game with Trae and 48.1% without him (with most of the good 'without' being this season when we had a near All-Star level replacement for him).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

*yawn* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yawn 🥱..again. 

I'm giving my guy hillbilly some major side eye for posting HOF odds as if that's meaningful.  He knows the basketball HOF is farcical and he also knows both players are likely to make it in.

So I object to his including that comparison as it's just meant to be prejudicial.  Whew, years of binge-watching Law & Order have finally paid off! 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whew, years of binge-watching Law & Order have finally paid off! 

Uh huh … not like an exchange program at AHF’s 🏠 or anything right. Crash 💥 course if you will, you guys had to cram all night I’m sure… hehe 🙃 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Uh huh … not like an exchange program at AHF’s 🏠 or anything right. Crash 💥 course if you will, you guys had to cram all night I’m sure… hehe 🙃 

When I spend the night at AH's, I watch Saved by the Bell reruns.  Don't tell him though.  He doesn't know I let myself in when he's sleeping. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

You know I respect your takes about our best players, going back to Joe Johnson. But the best part of this is finding a poster who hasn’t been here in years and seeing the 5 years later…..

I hope there is some humor in this lol.

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When I spend the night at AH's, I watch Saved by the Bell reruns.  Don't tell him though.  He doesn't know I let myself in when he's sleeping. 

🤣 let me know if you need a bucket 🪣 of water for the sleep trick and his 🤚 🥳 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was wondering why that dramatic episode with Jessie was shown as being watched 10 times when I logged into my SbtB account.

I'M SO EXCITED, I'M SO EXCITED I'M SO SCARED - jessiespano - quickmeme

If you've got a problem with caffeine pills, we can get you help @kg01.  You've got friends who care about you at the Squawk.

I'm not sure which 80's TV moment was more impactful to my leading a drug free life.  This SBTB episode or the "I learned it from watching you!" commercial.

I lied.  It was the 'this is your brain on drugs' spot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1