• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

Just now, AHF said:

As long as he dominates the ball he will put up high ppg and apg numbers.  Need to see how team offense works, his shooting %s and his turnovers to really understand what that means.  High usage should mean high points and assists if a player on a bad team is even marginally talented.

Obvious on the floor and in the historically high usage numbers.

No it isn’t obvious on the floor. Just say you don’t like the kid for other real reasons there are available to dislike him. This false narrative that your originating just doesn’t make sense.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

It's what Dennis was last year.  I mean really....Dennis was an incredible ball hog, struggled to see the open man and cost 10 million more per year.

and Trae is already better at shooting the 3.

And now we will give Dennis away for nothing.  Might even pay someone to take him.  Trae doesn’t have his tools on D but is a better perimeter shooter.  I do not want a less athletic better shooting Dennis.  At all.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

No it isn’t obvious on the floor. Just say you don’t like the kid for other real reasons there are available to dislike him. This false narrative that your originating just doesn’t make sense.

I’ve posted this and others have about him for 5 months.  It has been obvious and is not some new that comes up just because I’m pissed we passed on Doncic.

Yeah I think we will be lucky to get a 2nd round for Dennis.  I think he has to go though I feel like he will be a total kicker room cancer next year and will do nothing to help Trey develop.  He has to go maybe the bucks will give us some new bells and some athletic tape so Bud can get his boy back lol

1 minute ago, AHF said:

And now we will give Dennis away for nothing.  Might even pay someone to take him.  Trae doesn’t have his tools on D but is a better perimeter shooter.  I do not want a less athletic better shooting Dennis.  At all.

Well if that is the way it works out with Trae....then I wouldn't be happy either way.  But I CERTAINLY don't want any more of Dennis  (JMHO)

• Moderators

I absolutely expect Trae will not be Dennis2.0 with a better jumper.  Just don’t come back and tell me that Dennis did it like that is supposed to be a good thing.  High usage driving numbers doesn’t mean much.  Low TO, 50/40/90 shooting, etc. those things drive much more value than ppg or apg driven by usage.  

My hope for Trae is that he will be more Steve Nash than Pete Maravich in terms of play style (both of those are unfair to put on a rookie for sheer peak skill and talent).  But the worry is there with a Maravich like college career.

Whatever happens with Trae...if he listens to his coach and works hard...he will be addition by subtraction if we ditch Dennis.  Dennis was the prime reason I stopped watching Hawks games - his selfish attitude, getting benched for altercations with Bud and general lack of team play made me sick.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Whatever happens with Trae...if he listens to his coach and works hard...he will be addition by subtraction if we ditch Dennis.  Dennis was the prime reason I stopped watching Hawks games - his selfish attitude, getting benched for altercations with Bud and general lack of team play made me sick.  Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Dennis was gone with either Young or Doncic as our pick.

I’m optimistic for the Splash Second Cousins and hoping for Doncic to bust to strengthen the pick.  I can see some bumps along the way pairing Doncic with Smith Jr who’s not very efficient and not known to play off the ball.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I’m optimistic for the Splash Second Cousins and hoping for Doncic to bust to strengthen the pick.  I can see some bumps along the way pairing Doncic with Smith Jr who’s not very efficient and not known to play off the ball.

May be why they picked up Brunson but I thought the same thing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Folks crying about Doncic and have never seen the guy play except on YouTube highlights. This board has been looking for the Great White Hope for 15 years.  Same dudes that were wanting to draft Nenad Krstic.

Exactly, and once Doncic fizzles our and is out of the NBA completely in a few years, dudes will never admit they were wrong. Therse folks sound ridiculous hanging from the crotch of a guy that couldn’t beat my grandmother off the dribble. NOTHING about Luca Doncic says NBA STAR. Not ONE THING

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Exactly, and once Doncic fizzles our and is out of the NBA completely in a few years, dudes will never admit they were wrong. Therse folks sound ridiculous hanging from the crotch of a guy that couldn’t beat my grandmother off the dribble. NOTHING about Luca Doncic says NBA STAR. Not ONE THING

I like Trae more than Doncic but I wouldn’t go this far. Doncic has elite playmaking ability but his scoring game is what I feel won’t pan out as some may think...he’s going to be 2nd option at best or 3rd option in terms of scoring in the nba in my opinion.

his lack of athleticism will catch up to him but if he’s truly crafty he will find a way.

trae on the other hand just need to focus on better shot selection and off ball movement and he’ll be fine more than likely 

• Like 2

Great draft, sat at the Tabernacle to watch all three of the Hawks picks and they all are players.  I think Atlanta and Dallas drafted for what fits their vision.  Schlenk has a vision for the team and is executing it.  Three first round picks again next year and cap space, finally a front office with a plan.

23 minutes ago, JTB said:

I like Trae more than Doncic but I wouldn’t go this far. Doncic has elite playmaking ability but his scoring game is what I feel won’t pan out as some may think...he’s going to be 2nd option at best or 3rd option in terms of scoring in the nba in my opinion.

his lack of athleticism will catch up to him but if he’s truly crafty he will find a way.

trae on the other hand just need to focus on better shot selection and off ball movement and he’ll be fine more than likely 

you're kind of proving my point though bro. That's not the type of guy you want from a top 3 pick. You want a ptential superstar that can lead you to the promise lane. Not an unathletic euro with questionable offensive skills that has alleged "playmaking skills". Ramon Sessions and Kendall Marshall had playmaking skills

The lack of an edit button has been KILLING ME ALL DAY lol

40 minutes ago, JTB said:

13 minutes ago, Cwell said:

you're kind of proving my point though bro. That's not the type of guy you want from a top 3 pick. You want a ptential superstar that can lead you to the promise lane. Not an unathletic euro with questionable offensive skills that has alleged "playmaking skills". Ramon Sessions and Kendall Marshall had playmaking skills

The lack of an edit button has been KILLING ME ALL DAY lol

I’ve been screaming the same thing for 2 months now to anyone who would listen. He was truly overhyped this off season.

• Like 1

“I don’t really think there’s necessarily a way to improve defensively by going one on zero,” Young said according to ESPN’s Nick Friedell. “I think just working on body, continuing to work on my speed, just showing from Day 1 that I am going to change the narrative. That’s my goal and my job, to change the narrative on that.”

I like the attitude.  I think the tools are in place (Emory, young coach, GS model) to maximize his body.  Put on 10 pounds of muscle last year so the seeds are there. There’s no denying his skill as a dribbler, shooter, and passer.  

His midrange game will be key, floater looks nice.  He’ll struggle to get to the rim early but that’s why you have an above the rim threat with good hands like Collins.  He’s supposedly great passing off the dribble with both hands so I’ll be looking at how well he hits Prince and Hueter when they spot up.  I’ll also be focused on how well/ quickly he outlets, hockey assists, and set-up passes in SL.  

I was cold on his obvious defensive issues but the more I read and see I’m warming up.