• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SO....MANY....DOUBTERS

JTB

I absolutely love the doubt ! Embrace it Trae!...Mark it down...and get to work! 

Haven’t been this excited about a hawks draft pick in years. I feel it’s going to work out at a very high level for Trae.

• Like 4

Just now, JTB said:

I absolutely love the doubt ! Embrace it Trae!...Mark it down...and get to work! 

Haven’t been this excited about a hawks draft pick in years. I feel it’s going to work out at a very high level for Trae.

~GO ATL Hawks

Quiz: What’s better than 3?...Trae!!!

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Great posts!

My hope is that all the Doncic lovers get off this board and become Mavs fans

I'm very excited about our drafts picks, the summer league and this upcoming season!!! Go Hawks!

Its weird to me that the Doncic/Bamba lovers won't even give this a chance.  They have already determined that those other players will have much better careers without any evidence to support such claims.  They are so locked into Trae's defense but not Doncic's defense or Bamba's offense.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone with Trae's range before and he shoots with such ease both off the dribble and in a catch and shoot situation.  That is a talent that could push him to stardom.  Don't see that with the other 2

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its weird to me that the Doncic/Bamba lovers won't even give this a chance.  They have already determined that those other players will have much better careers without any evidence to support such claims.  They are so locked into Trae's defense but not Doncic's defense or Bamba's offense.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone with Trae's range before and he shoots with such ease both off the dribble and in a catch and shoot situation.  That is a talent that could push him to stardom.  Don't see that with the other 2

Yup well that’s not too surprising. Schlenk didn’t draft who they wanted so those individuals want to blow everything out of proportion.

• Like 2

I’m definitely giving him a chance.  Small ball and elite shooting is trending to be a winning formula.  We didn’t draft Chris Paul because of size.  Mistake.

If anything bigs and Euros have been the more risky selections at the top of the lottery.  There’s enough reason to believe we should give Trae a chance.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I’m definitely giving him a chance.  Small ball and elite shooting is trending to be a winning formula.  We didn’t draft Chris Paul because of size.  Mistake.

If anything bigs and Euros have been the more risky selections at the top of the lottery.  There’s enough reason to believe we should give Trae a chance.

We did the same with Tony Parker too...We actually passed on Tony Parker to draft Tinsley.  San Antonio drafted Parker 1 spot later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I ..... was a Doncic/Bamba lover .... but I'm a Hawks fan first and always.

So I'm all aboard the Rayford-copter.  Give the dude time to work on whatever the deficiencies are in his game, build the team around his strengths and go from there.

We'll be aiight .... probably much more than that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We did the same with Tony Parker too...We actually drafted Parker and traded him to the Spurs for essentially nothing

No we didn't. We had pick #27, they were looking to pick Jamaal Tinsley, he fell to them but they instead traded him to Indiana for a future 1st. Parker was there for the taking, you know why they didn't take him - they didn't have enough information on him, smh.

Parker went to the Spurs at pick #29.

This was also the Pau draft.

Babcock said that they had a lot of concerns about Tinsley and that he wasn't their guy. Their guy, the one who they would have picked, was a guard from France that they had scouted, but ultimately when it came time to pick, Babcock wasn't sure enough about how he would play in the NBA to make the commitment.

Tony Parker.

Babcock would later share, on the day of his resignation as GM of the Hawks, that it would be passing on Parker, not the Isaiah Rider fiasco or Wilkins trade, that he regretted most about his tenure. The trades were made from what Babcock felt was certainty--he believed in it. Passing on Parker was because they simply didn't know enough--and they should have.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I ..... was a Doncic/Bamba lover .... but I'm a Hawks fan first and always.

So I'm all aboard the Rayford-copter.  Give the dude time to work on whatever the deficiencies are in his game, build the team around his strengths and go from there.

We'll be aiight .... probably much more than that.

This is exactly how I feel. My annoyance is not the player but the return in general (should have been top 2 protected) and the initial rumors of what the trade entailed - dumping Baze. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No we didn't. We had pick #27, they were looking to pick Jamaal Tinsley, he fell to them but they instead traded him to Indiana for a future 1st. Parker was there for the taking, you know why they didn't take him - they didn't have enough information on him, smh.

Parker went to the Spurs at pick #29.

This was also the Pau draft.

You're right...They just passed on him.

I’m most excited about Ice Trae’s Nash-esque passing/assists/playmaking prowess. That’s going to make Printz and J-Bap better players. And some analyst called him a PnR “genius”. He’s 6’2 185, his size will be fine, in the same ballpark as CP3, Teague, Dennis, Steph, etc.

• Like 2

I was one of those Hawks fans pissed that we traded Luka.  You know you have your favorite players during the draft and when he's sitting there in the GM's lap and then they trade him you get pissed.  

I, however, took a step back and looked at what Travis did.  He obviously wanted Trae and got him along with additional draft capital. 

I'm all aboard on this draft class and hope they all turn out great.  Luka is not a Hawk so I wish him the best and won't care about a thing he does, unless he's traded here or comes here in free agency.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I was on the Bamba train. We had a great chance to secure a center that isn't seen often. I didn't think Doncic would be quick enough to get past NBA defenders. He's too big at 6'8 and slow so I figure they'd move him to the 3. We have Prince. 

My view of Trae Young is that he's not the lead dog and that's fine but he has a deadly skill that I thought was worth the pick. Perhaps we'll get that alpha scoring dog in next year's draft. Overall I'm cool with the draft and have no complaints really except Bamba. If he busts I'll feel much better. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What does this mean?  What was he in Oklahoma? Is Bamba a lead dog?  I'm confused

What I mean is he won't be the best player on the court (or, at least, he shouldn't be). I think Trae would be an awesome compliment to the "face of the team", whoever that may be. Bamba wouldn't have been either but we would have had a defensive presence there for years. Maybe even an identity like when we had Mutombo. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What does this mean?  What was he in Oklahoma? Is Bamba a lead dog?  I'm confused

I take it to mean Ice Trae is the Chris Paul to the James Harden we’ve yet to acquire. Not saying we’ll acquire an MVP, just wxplaing the analogy ?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Kuschelbear said:

What I mean is he won't be the best player on the court (or, at least, he shouldn't be). I think Trae would be an awesome compliment to the "face of the team", whoever that may be. Bamba wouldn't have been either but we would have had a defensive presence there for years. Maybe even an identity like when we had Mutombo. 

You're thinking once we get to championship level but Trae is definitely a lead alpha on a team just like Kyrie was the alpha in Cleveland before Lebron showed up

• Like 1

This thread is amusing.  People telling other people where to go is hysterical.  You can be a fan of other players and love the team you were born into.  Doncic was liked by the majority of the fans.  It wasn't a slight or knock on Trae and I loved Trae after Ayton and Doncic.  We got a kid who will be Alpha with his play.  That's enough for me.  I'm certainly going to be patient as I'm not a fan of bandwagon chasers, but that's their prerogative.  Go Hawks!

Now about those people who said they were done...lol..

• Like 3

I was also a Luka guy. I just prefer that taller stronger player that be a point forward type, like Simmons, LeBron, etc. that is great chess piece, and provides favorable match ups. Look at the draft picture of Luka and Trae standing side by side at the draft, Luka is just towering over Trae, his frame looks more filled out than Trae too, who looks waifish quite frankly. I just hope this pick was not made for marketing reasons, and was strictly a basketball decision. Like others have said, Trae's deep shooting can be special, and maybe that was the selling point. 

• Like 2