• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Effect on 2019 1st, if LBJ ends up leaving CLE?

sturt

56 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Even with Kyrie Irving, the Cavs couldn't win without LeBron.   I think the Cavs were something like 4-18 in games LeBron missed over the past 5 years.

There were other things going on when Lebron was out...other injuries, etc.

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It will be more like the 1st, 6th, and 11th, which will excite most of y'all but make me absolutely nauseous during the season.  However, if LeBron goes, I don't think that pick will convey.  They will be BAD.

I’ll take the Mavs’ 6th and Cavs’ 11th all day long. But with Dennis/Trae/Taylor, Gaze/Dorsey/Huerter, Prince/Gaze/Bembry, Collins/Spellman/Moose, and Dedmon/Plumlee/Moose, worst record in the NBA just isn’t happening.

• Like 2

Just now, hazer said:

I’ll take the Mavs’ 6th and Cavs’ 11th all day long. But with Dennis/Trae/Taylor, Gaze/Dorsey/Huerter, Prince/Gaze/Bembry, Collins/Spellman/Moose, and Dedmon/Plumlee/Moose, worst record in the NBA just isn’t happening.

Of course pre-season trades would affect that, but would depend on who goes out/comes in.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Sorry but they will still be a good team.

George Hill, Collin Sexton, Kyle Korver, JR Smith, Tristan Thompson, Jordan Clarkson, Cedi Osman, Ante Zizic, Larry Nance Jr. and of course....Kevin Love.

This is a team more than capable of finishing higher that 10th worst. They also have multi exceptions available for players.

Image result for are you crazy gif

• Premium Member

Don’t forget they play in the East. One thing that helps somewhat is that they have experienced success with LeBron. Role players need to win to have confidence that they can, and they won enough to make it through the East. I can see the current roster minus LeBron winning 35-40 games and being 6-9 in the East.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Don’t forget they play in the East. One thing that helps somewhat is that they have experienced success with LeBron. Role players need to win to have confidence that they can, and they won enough to make it through the East. I can see the current roster minus LeBron winning 35-40 games and being 6-9 in the East.

Really.. How good a coach is Lue?  How good a team do they have without Lebron picking up their errors?  How dependable is Love?

26 minutes ago, hazer said:

LOL!  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Without LeBron, the Cavs are one of the bottom 10 teams in the league. Kevin Love isn’t good enough to take that team to 35 wins. That roster is full of journeyman and Sexton is still a minimum 3 seasons from being a factor if he even becomes one. We will lose out on that pick next year.  That team is terrible without LeBron.

Last year the 10th worst team (i.e., a draft spot where the pick would not convey unless one of the 11-14 spots won a top 3 spot in the lottery) won 35 games.  Every record with 35 or fewer wins drafted 1-10.

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Last year the 10th worst team (i.e., a draft spot where the pick would not convey unless one of the 11-14 spots won a top 3 spot in the lottery) won 35 games.  Every record with 35 or fewer wins drafted 1-10.

Right. I’m thinking we lose out on the pick if LeBron leaves. That team is ass without him. Kevin Love is past his prime and now should be considered injury prone. That team wins 30 games max.

• Premium Member

Latest....

The Cavaliers do not intend to trade Kevin Love if they lose LeBron James in free agency this summer, and would rather try to make the playoffs than immediately begin rebuilding without their iconic star. Sources told cleveland.com this week that the Cavs would not trade Love, a five-time All-Star who is owed about $50 million over the next two seasons, if James leaves as a free agent. Sources say James is strongly considering joining the Los Angeles Lakers. “There is no reason to go backwards,” one source said, 
  • Like 2

I am not expecting these picks to convert but Cleveland has been working the market on a Love trade and I've heard they are extremely disappointed. There is a good chance that Love will spend half of the season with the Cavs and they really want to develop Sexton as well. All I have heard is they want to resign Hood and keep Love, my guess is they finish around 5-10 range but not any higher where that pick is at risk to convert. 

Love trade value just isn't that high right now. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am not expecting these picks to convert but Cleveland has been working the market on a Love trade and I've heard they are extremely disappointed. There is a good chance that Love will spend half of the season with the Cavs and they really want to develop Sexton as well. All I have heard is they want to resign Hood and keep Love, my guess is they finish around 5-10 range but not any higher where that pick is at risk to convert. 

Love trade value just isn't that high right now. 

I think Cavs try to make playoffs to start season, by trade deadline some team will come calling for Love - hopefully they've accumulated enough wins so pick converts.

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I think Cavs try to make playoffs to start season, by trade deadline some team will come calling for Love - hopefully they've accumulated enough wins so pick converts.

They will try, hell we will try. That doesn't mean it will happen. They would have to finish in the top half of the East and that's not that easy.

The only really bad teams next year are: NYK, Brooklyn, Orlando, maybe Atlanta but I think we will be much better than people expect, and Chicago. I personally see Cleveland drafting around 8 like they did with Brooklyn pick. It's hard to get that pick to convert. A lot would have to go right. Sexton would have to be amazing which is possible but unlikely.