• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

On 11/4/2018 at 0:08 PM, bleachkit said:

Really impressed with his ability to make plays around the rim. I thought his scoring ability might be limited to perimeter shooting.

His feel for how to get himself going is astounding.  I thought he would struggle mightily as well but no doubt he was drafted at the right time with even less contact allowed on ballhandlers.

Looking at his shooting splits the numbers look like a SG.  I instantly compared him to Jimmy Butler.  Very similar outside of the 10-16 ft percentage.  An area that Jimmy has fallen off on relative to his career was 16 feet-3 point line, an area Trae should probably shoot more shots from at .500.  People and players with actual BBIQ wouldn’t even entertain the notion of nixing mid-long twos.  Shooters who understand rhythm and properly scout defenses love em.

The coaching staff needs to find ways to get him more corner threes (only .054 of his 3 attempts). I know passes to him in the corner have a very low margin for error but if he’s gonna be a reputable off ball player he has to become proficient at the Spurs Hammer Shot.  Getting that FT% up from .756 is in order too Jent.

As a defensive snob I’ll never be a True Trae Stan but I can’t deny his 19 and 8 on .438 shooting makes him a wizard.  We’ve seen the league kinda catch up to hotshot rookies like Simmons and Mitchell but with a great start offensively his journey should be fun to watch.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

The coaching staff needs to find ways to get him more corner threes (only .054 of his 3 attempts). I know passes to him in the corner have a very low margin for error but if he’s gonna be a reputable off ball player he has to become proficient at the Spurs Hammer Shot.  Getting that FT% up from .756 is in order too Jent.

One thing he can do to improve immediately would be sprinting to the corner after making a potential assist to a teamate ala Stephen Curry

• Like 3

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

We're just a few weeks into the season and we have a draft pick who is not only a starter from day one but is the best offensive player on the team.   That's what you are shooting for in a top draft pick.  We should all be friggin ecstatic.

Yes. Exactly. 

• Premium Member

I will gladly eat crow.  I was against the trade, but Doncic will be very good too.  We needed a PG worse.  Trae will be best PG we have ever had.  Not saying he will be elite, hope he is, but he is already showing he is good. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I will gladly eat crow.  I was against the trade, but Doncic will be very good too.  We needed a PG worse.  Trae will be best PG we have ever had.  Not saying he will be elite, hope he is, but he is already showing he is good. 

Exactly. Doncic is a S/PF in this league. At the time we believed in Prince/Collins so it didn't make as much sense. I get it now.

• Like 1

That is very impressive. But looking at previous seasons those numbers may come down for everyone involved. LeBron is the only player (with 10+ drives per game) that has been able to put anything close to 60% the last 2 seasons (60.1% and 58.5%) and even he was only 50% the season before that. Jrue Holiday had the next highest of those 3 seasons at 55.7%. Then again, the freedom of movement crap should help keep the percentages up. 

Either way, I didn't expect him to be so effective driving the ball this early. Even more reason to be excited for Collins to get back. Defenses are going to have to make a lot of tough decisions with those two. 

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I’ve seen no evidence of Trae being able to dunk.

It’s hilarious that you said this. I’ve been playing 2k forever now and for the first time today,Trae dunked on a breakaway off a steal. I know it’s just a game but I got pumped! ?