• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In their/our DEFENSE

sillent

Just now, Sothron said:

So you can't answer a simple question and still try to insult me. Cool story bro.

Why don't you create your own thread and ask that question? That way those who think it is an intelligent question and topic will reply to you. Better yet, create a poll if it interest you so much.

That should not be to difficult for you,

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Why don't you create your own thread and ask that question? That way those who think it is an intelligent question and topic will reply to you. Better yet, create a poll if it interest you so much.

That should not be to difficult for you,

Why is it so hard to answer a simple question? This is like the third or fourth post where you are putting in these insults when I haven't insulted you once. Can you answer the question instead of deflecting with petty insults.  Is he playing great so far or not?

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So you are saying he's playing well then? Shooting 23% with almost double the shots as the next guy on the team is playing great basketball? I just want to make sure we are establishing what is and what is not good games from Acie Law 2.0 going forwards. Cuz it sure sounds like nothing he does is wrong around here. Basketball Jesus indeed!

TBH . . . Acie looked much better.  Even in Acie's rookie year, he was looking like he'd be a decent backup PG, before he got hurt.  After he got hurt, the great vet ( Anthony Johnson ) made him expendable.

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why is it so hard to answer a simple question? This is like the third or fourth post where you are putting in these insults when I haven't insulted you once. Can you answer the question instead of deflecting with petty insults.  Is he playing great so far or not?

I think we need a poll to grade Trae's performance in Utah.   I'm not a premium member, so I can't make a poll.

• Like 1

I think the issue with Trae is, we were hoping he could come in and do something special right away. That was supposed to be his shooting, You take that away and he is not worthy of a lottery pick. Im a fan of his passing, he will easily average 7+ assists in the league for many years. Possibly even more. I expect him to gain weight and get bigger, stronger and more explosive. I dont think he will ever become a high flyer, but he will/should be able to absorb contact better and finish stronger, as well as become a solid positional defensive player.

But make no mistake, his shooting will make or break his career. His "it-factor" is the deep three. If he cannot burn the opposition, nothing else will matter. So for now, we better hope he can pick it up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What is the world is wrong with you? Do you really need validation of your opinion that 23% from the field is not good. :banghead:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

What is the world is wrong with you? Do you really need validation of your opinion that 23% from the field is not good. :banghead:

Still not directly answering the question but I'll take it. So no, 23% shooting is not good. There's been so much defending of him that it honestly makes me wonder if people can even realize atrocious basketball from him or not.

21 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I think the issue with Trae is, we were hoping he could come in and do something special right away. That was supposed to be his shooting, You take that away and he is not worthy of a lottery pick. Im a fan of his passing, he will easily average 7+ assists in the league for many years. Possibly even more. I expect him to gain weight and get bigger, stronger and more explosive. I dont think he will ever become a high flyer, but he will/should be able to absorb contact better and finish stronger, as well as become a solid positional defensive player.

But make no mistake, his shooting will make or break his career. His "it-factor" is the deep three. If he cannot burn the opposition, nothing else will matter. So for now, we better hope he can pick it up.

NO.  The issue with Trae is that he's not only struggling, he looks completely overwhelmed.  Under no circumstances is he playing even decent, despite the passing being there.  Some of his turnovers look like high school turnovers, in which he has no clue as to where to throw the ball.

I know people are saying not to panic, and "this is just summer league".  But there are red flags all over the place with this dude.  If he doesn't get a lot more mentally tough, this league will devour him, and we'll be right back looking for a PG in 2 years . . . or contemplating giving Dennis a 5 yr / 150 mill contract.   LOL . . I can't wait to see the discussion on that topic, if Trae doesn't pan out.

• Like 1

Still not directly answering the question but I'll take it. So no, 23% shooting is not good. There's been so much defending of him that it honestly makes me wonder if people can even realize atrocious basketball from him or not.

I think the point is that rookies across the board are struggling, so while Young is especially concerning he's not alone. As someone who hated the pick, Trae is proving me right so far and that is disappointing. No guarantee Doncic would be any better though.

Haven't got to watch a summer league game yet.  Next two are on my cable, so now I can see!

The question before us is, "Has Trae Young played well in summer league?"  Depends on what you were looking for.  Did he shoot well?  No.  We can check out the box score and see that.  All the remainder of his game, if you were like me and couldn't watch, you must take the word of others.

Did his passing come up to expectations?  Did he play well in this part of his game?  From what I can read, he did.  Did he grab some rebounds?  Box score says that he did.  Did he display any defensive skills?  Several writers have said that he did, much to their surprise.

Remember, Trae is just a teenager and the players he is playing with are all new to him.  Lloyd Pierce, who hasn't been coaching him in the early games, has said Tray wasn't really being coached in summer league.  He wanted to just turn him loose and see what he could do.  L.P. will be the coach in this part of summer league.

I agree with our original poster.  I want to see this team win some games.  If it's going to be 10 years before they are good, I might not make it that long. I'll be 82 before the season begins.  I can really see no reason that this Hawk team can't be better than last season's team.  Tanking stinks! 

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It is unfortunate for you that you view a lot of us here on the Squawk as idiots just because we do not respond to your Captain Obvious banter about 23% from the field being bad.

Enjoy your Trae is atrocious tirade @Sothron

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stats schmats - Trae has been underwhelming.  

At least the other guys gave you a decent glimpse of something before crashing back to earth.

Yeah, I know...it's SL...but I'm still annoyed.

Basically how I feel.  We all know SL is organized chaos but he's had 3 games to show us flashes with his scoring and he hasn't.

I still have faith he can turn it around because he has shown he can play some D and pass well but it's still enough to make me go "hmmmm......."

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

It is unfortunate for you that you view a lot of us here on the Squawk as idiots just because we do not respond to your Captain Obvious banter about 23% from the field being bad.

I know you don't appreciate him dogging on Trae but the insults are unnecessary.  You need to drop those for the future.  I'd suggest just ignoring his posts if you think they are off base and you don't want to engage on the substance of them.

/moderator 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I have never in all my years posting here referred to the community here as idiots. Just like your other personal insults against me in this thread are completely misplaced so I guess you are at least being consistent.

I don't need a tirade about Acie Law 2.0. My entire point that you clearly missed was that the homerism for that kid on this site has been off the wall. He has looked bad but there's only been like two or three posters to even say it. So when I asked you what is considered good game or bad from him that was a serious question.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I know you don't appreciate him dogging on Trae but the insults are unnecessary.  You need to drop those for the future.  I'd suggest just ignoring his posts if you think they are off base and you don't want to engage on the substance of them.

/moderator 

I did not appreciate him badgering me to answer the question. No less than four times. I have ignored him and I do apologize for the insults.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

NO.  The issue with Trae is that he's not only struggling, he looks completely overwhelmed.  Under no circumstances is he playing even decent, despite the passing being there.  Some of his turnovers look like high school turnovers, in which he has no clue as to where to throw the ball.

I know people are saying not to panic, and "this is just summer league".  But there are red flags all over the place with this dude.  If he doesn't get a lot more mentally tough, this league will devour him, and we'll be right back looking for a PG in 2 years . . . or contemplating giving Dennis a 5 yr / 150 mill contract.   LOL . . I can't wait to see the discussion on that topic, if Trae doesn't pan out.

I feel ya and I'm still a Dennis fan but I think Trae will pan out. I remember coach Pierce saying he was going to "let Trae be Trae" 1st. After he would dissect his game like all of our players for growth and development. It might not happen overnight but he will eventually learn to get better shots and make them more consistently inside and outside.