Plumlee trade idea

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

OKC is getting rid of Melo:

Melo plus appropriate asset(s) for Miles Plumlee. 
OKC can buy out and stretch Plumlee for $4.96 mil. cap hit plus whatever LT savings, (a Melo stretch is $9 mil)
Hawks buy out Melo. Hawks free themselves of Plumlee's $12 mil next season.

This move still leaves us with ~$10 mil in capspace right now.

• Like 4

My face was all bent up until I got to “Hawks buy out Melo.”  I did a full year with Dwight.  I can’t stomach two of my most hated players from this era donning Red and Yellow.  Or is it granite and volt.    Whatever.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

My face was all bent up until I got to “Hawks buy out Melo.”  I did a full year with Dwight.  I can’t stomach two of my most hated players from this era donning Red and Yellow.  Or is it granite and volt.    Whatever.

Lol. I wouldn't do that to you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Get an asset from OKC. Get out of having to pay Plumlee $12.4 mil next offseason.

My bad I missed that “appropriate assets” part....I was widely confused lol....oh ok so who in mind or what assets is realistic to get from okc?

maybe their first rd draft pick? Or even better I’d take Grant but I’m sure he’s not an option 

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

They have absolutely nothing we should want. 

Not even future draft picks?  These are like money in the bank.  Nice to have more of and spendable!

• Premium Member

I would absolutely do this just to get Plumless off our team. If you guys think I hate Young you have no idea of the revulsion I feel for Plumless. This would get his dead weight off our books and whatever sweetener we get from OKC is just icing.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

My bad I missed that “appropriate assets” part....I was widely confused lol....oh ok so who in mind or what assets is realistic to get from okc?

maybe their first rd draft pick? Or even better I’d take Grant but I’m sure he’s not an option 

They can't trade their 2019 or 2021 1st since they owe their 2020 1st to Orlando (consecutive year pick rule).  They only have 2 young players in Abrines and Ferguson that woukd be of interest.

They might not be the ideal trade partner, but if we can dump Plumlee's $12 mil next year from our cap I'd be willing to postpone that 1st and take a top 3 protected 2022 1st plus Ferguson. (Westbrook will be 33 and PG will be 32 might be long gone by then).

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Not even future draft picks?  These are like money in the bank.  Nice to have more of and spendable!

Exactly, see my post below.

4 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Post above.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They can't trade their 2019 or 2021 1st since they owe their 2020 1st to Orlando (consecutive year pick rule).  They only have 2 young players in Abrines and Ferguson that woukd be of interest.

They might not be the ideal trade partner, but if we can dump Plumlee's $12 mil next year from our cap I'd be willing to postpone that 1st and take a top 3 protected 2022 1st plus Ferguson. (Westbrook will be 33 and PG will be 32 might be long gone by then).

Not sure how far out they can trade but I'd happily take their 2023 first.  The odds of that team being terrible are pretty good.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure how far out they can trade but I'd happily take their 2023 first.  The odds of that team being terrible are pretty good.

IIRC I think you can trade up to 5 years out.

30 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

They’ll likely be as valuable as 2nd round picks. The expiring contract may have MORE value next season anyways.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

OKC can buy out and stretch Plumlee for $4.96 mil. cap hit plus whatever LT savings, (a Melo stretch is $9 mil)

Well this obviously isn't happening but you kind of have to forget about trading away Plumlee...We are short 1 or 2 bigs right now.  In our new system, Moose is going to slide back to his natural position of stretch 4....mainly because we need it.  If you look at our depth chart listed on Yahoo sports, you'll see the unbalance.  https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/atl/roster/  Collins and Dedmon are both listed as PF and Center in the depth chart. We're only 5 deep there total. We have 9 players between the 1-3 but 5 between the 4-5. Plumlee and Moose aren't going anywhere without a signing.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well this obviously isn't happening but you kind of have to forget about trading away Plumlee...We are short 1 or 2 bigs right now.  In our new system, Moose is going to slide back to his natural position of stretch 4....mainly because we need it.  If you look at our depth chart listed on Yahoo sports, you'll see the unbalance.  https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/atl/roster/  Collins and Dedmon are both listed as PF and Center in the depth chart. We're only 5 deep there total. We have 9 players between the 1-3 but 5 between the 4-5. Plumlee and Moose aren't going anywhere without a signing.

Sign Alex Len or any plethora of big men still floating around. 

Bebe is somewhere out there :biggrin:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Sign Alex Len or any plethora of big men still floating around. 

Bebe is somewhere out there :biggrin:

And I'm really not worried about depth chart when it comes to Plumlee and getting rid of his $12 mil for next season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
And I'm really not worried about depth chart when it comes to Plumlee and getting rid of his $12 mil for next season.

Agreed just get a warm body to ride the bench in his place lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or . . . Hawks keep Melo for the season, hope he shows some value, and tries to trade him for a 1st or 2nd round pick to a contending team at the trade deadline

PG - Schröder

G - Baze

F - Prince

PF - Melo

C- Collins

Or if he agrees, let Melo be the 6th man.