• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

21 minutes ago, warcore said:

GOT EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

LMAO

? I won’t lie though I always did like Dennis. Then again I just seem to love anyone on the Hawks team..well..most but tolerate all ? 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

So we traded Dennis for a 2022 first rounder that likely becomes 2 second rounders based on OKC’s contention window (namely George’s contract).  

It seems to me that you either give heavy protection or push the pick off for 4 years, but not both.  

From where I’m sitting it looks like Schlenk is a poor trade negotiator.  That bodes very poorly for us.  

Better than getting the corspe of Noah, Mozgoz or Biyombo just to get rid of Dennis. I saw enough of those trade 'suggestions'.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

Yes, that is the point.  We wanted to dump Dennis without taking back a long contract.  Mission accomplished.  I think this trade works well for OKC and we could’ve argued for lesser protection, and I can’t shake the sense that Schlenk has let two trades involving a future pick get dictated to him on the other team’s terms. 

I think considering that OKC now has to pay the luxury tax on Dennis's contract in 2020 and 2021, it's hard to argue for lesser protection.

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Please stop.

If Justin Anderson sees the light of day in the regular rotation, it means that Kevin Huerter is a complete bust, and Bembry is buried in the G-League.

Mike Scott is a better shooting SG than Anderson . . . and Molly Mike was a PF.

That you don't know Anderson is a forward kind of invalidates your opinion. Prior to the trade, Prince was our only true SF on the team. Bembry is a tweaner and a better fit at the two if his shooting improves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smoove31210 said:

Can somebody explain to me the benefit(s) of having a "good locker room guy" vs a "really good player"? Just curious....

LOL . . THANK YOU!!

There is no benefit.  Heck, Baze is a "great" locker room guy.

This is the trick of the "tank devil", when you're at the bottom.  The "tank devil" convinces fans that glue guys and good locker room teammates, are better than a really good player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Schlenk is the man. This beats the "Nuggets trade" by a mile.....

I’m sorry can someone refresh me on the Nuggets trade. Was it like Faried and something? I’m getting it mixed up with trying to land the 14th and Faried....unless u mean that one but I don’t think you do.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think considering that OKC now has to pay the luxury tax on Dennis's contract in 2020 and 2021, it's hard to argue for lesser protection.

My best guess is OKC will spend every trading period for the next 3 years trying to move Dennis to clear that charge.

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry can someone refresh me on the Nuggets trade. Was it like Faried and something? I’m getting it mixed up with trying to land the 14th and Faried....unless u mean that one but I don’t think you do.

Yes. The trade the Nets made instead. And everybody was up in arms. lol. We still have Dennis if we make that deal..

• Like 3

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, sturt said:

To my memory, we were part of the first ever trade of this kind, and received this war horse on his very last leg...

2018-07-19_1738.png

Yep, you and warcore are right, Terrell makes the list! Although his was more of a Trade-and-Pay-for-a-Season-and-Retire kind of waiver situation, rather than freeing him up to go elsewhere. But it was definitely an acquisition for purely financial reasons!

~lw3

1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

Glad the deal is through. Hawks got good pieces. Justin Anderson is a nice backup 3. 

Sad for Dennis as Okc is a pretty bad situation for him. 

I'd like yall to take a second and think about how Dennis always gave it all he got even though he was a knucklehead before you throw fits at him.

Like I said, I really did like Dennis as far as his skills and his play on the court for the most part. Some can say he hit his ceiling or what seems to be his ceiling before his prime...then again maybe he gets a lot better and he just needed time to mature like Diaw did about 15 years back with us. 

Best of luck to him. I honestly think he has a chance to be one of the top 6th men in the league. He’s going to have a chip on his shoulder. We shall see. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? I won’t lie though I always did like Dennis. Then again I just seem to love anyone on the Hawks team..well..most but tolerate all ? 

I think it's good to have a personality like Dennis' on the roster if you're contending.

My main two concerns: (a) anytime a player has some off-court legal problems, it's good reason for concern that it's going to be a recurring thing... and (b) when he came into the league, I was among those who thought he would be dynamite defensively, and it just never even remotely seemed to become a strength of his game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . THANK YOU!!

There is no benefit.  Heck, Baze is a "great" locker room guy.

This is the trick of the "tank devil", when you're at the bottom.  The "tank devil" convinces fans that glue guys and good locker room teammates, are better than a really good player.

Dennis is not a really good player though.  He's an inefficient shot chucker that doesn't do anything else at an acceptable level.

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

Dennis was of the biggest net negative "assets" in the NBA. To expect anything more is ridiculous.

That is flat out untrue.

His negative asset has to do with his play off the court, not on the court.

Like I posted a few days ago, the Hawks were 15 - 17 when Dennis scored 20 points or more . . and 6 - 29 when he scored less than 20.

If OKC keeps Dennis, it gives them literally the fastest backcourt in the league, and keeps a top 15 PG in the game at all times.

Talent wins in this league . . . not good locker room guys.

• Like 4

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That is flat out untrue.

His negative asset has to do with his play off the court, not on the court.

Like I posted a few days ago, the Hawks were 15 - 17 when Dennis scored 20 points or more . . and 6 - 29 when he scored less than 20.

If OKC keeps Dennis, it gives them literally the fastest backcourt in the league, and keeps a top 15 PG in the game at all times.

Talent wins in this league . . . not good locker room guys.

Where did I mention on-court only?