• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So going forward is John Collins a center?

Wurider05

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He played PF in SL if that's any indication.

From what I saw Spellman was listed and played almost exclusively at PF in both lineups with Collins and without.

His skillset is that of a C even if his size is closer to a PF, Christ do I not want to see another years long debate break out about him not being a C similar to Al.

• Like 1

I thought he played better as a center than a PF last season. He was average or even a little above average defending inside the paint, but he struggled when he had to step out. Which is more typical of a center even though that distinction is becoming less and less meaningful. 

6 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Will he be used like Bud used him or will be allowed to play pf?

Doesnt matter to me..Just get the kid some bigger shorts. He looks like John Stockton out there. lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

PF...hope we hit on all 3 lotto picks next draft and get Bol Bol 

Yep.  A limited athlete with a terrible body that doesn't play hard all the time.  That's the ticket to building a championship team.

Yep.  A limited athlete with a terrible body that doesn't play hard all the time.  That's the ticket to building a championship team.

For someone who hates tanking/AAU ball/the Nike-Adidas hype machine/relying on young players, you sure know a lot about these prospects...

Either/or, and both. Sometimes a player will play PF on offense and C on defense, and vice versa. Being able to play 2 positions is a big advantage and offers great flexibility. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
45 minutes ago, KB21 said:

For someone who hates tanking/AAU ball/the Nike-Adidas hype machine/relying on young players, you sure know a lot about these prospects...

Yes, I do know a lot about these prospects.  

I'll also go ahead and give you the name of a prospect that Travis Schlenk is going to be all over in the 2019 draft, perhaps even taking this player with a top 3 pick.  

Jontay Porter, who I said last year was a better prospect than his more hyped brother.  In fact, he's the only prospect at this point that I consider to be an outlier shooter for his position.  Very high BBIQ who is a very good passer.  He's not a rim protector, but he would fit well alongside John Collins in the post.

Yes, I do know a lot about these prospects.  

I'll also go ahead and give you the name of a prospect that Travis Schlenk is going to be all over in the 2019 draft, perhaps even taking this player with a top 3 pick.  

Jontay Porter, who I said last year was a better prospect than his more hyped brother.  In fact, he's the only prospect at this point that I consider to be an outlier shooter for his position.  Very high BBIQ who is a very good passer.  He's not a rim protector, but he would fit well alongside John Collins in the post.

I could see that happening, but I like what we already have with Spellman. We'll have to see how things shake out, but I really think we have gem in him. We'll probably have multiple picks though, so we could still draft Porter and a shooting guard somewhere else of need be.