2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

27 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the next pick in the draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects Kevin Love

love_wallpaper_widescreen_1920x1200-e143

17.6 ppg - 9.3 rpg  .458 fg% - .415 3pt %
With Lebron gone from Cleveland, Kevin will be a #1 option again, and might start back 
putting up those beastly numbers that use too in Minny.

He will fit nicely on my team next to Drummond because of his 3pt shooting.  41%
With Love and Drummond, teams wont be getting very many second chance points ,as they are 2 of the best rebounders at their positions.

G.  Kyrie Irving
F. Kawhi Leonard
PF. Kevin Love
C. Andre Drummond

Your team looks damn good on paper and I am starting to think mine not so much!

It looks like the eight hour wait on Hopeful may cost us getting into the next round. I will watch my phone for email notifications; but if not tonight, I will get my picks in tomorrow sometime from work.

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member

Sorry guys, had family pop in.

It's late and I'm tired.

With my next Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select Jusuf Nurkić - Center.

He's a big body, great in the PnR, he offeres decent post defense and rim protection. He's my dirty work guy in the middle.

PG - Kemba Walker

SG - Devin Booker

SF/PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo

C - Jusuf Nurkić 

• Like 2

• Admin
54 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Sorry my pick is late...clearly overextended myself, but here goes.....

With my 4th pick, I select...

CJ MCCOLLUM

Needing a strong shooting guard on my team, I was shocked he wasn't already taken.  He's averaged 40.8% from 3 over his career and last season averaged 21.4 PPG.  At just 26 years old, he has a lot of good years ahead of him.  And the fact that he's been in the news recently for dissing Kevin Durant makes me love him even more.  

mccollum_300_20180413.jpg

Steal of the draft so far

With the 48th pick in the draft the Flocking Buzzards select a player whom I think has the upside to be a KD Lite. Brandon Ingram is a 20 year old 2nd year wing who has already put up some impressive numbers. While averaging 16.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.9 assist for the season is impressive, I think the best is soon to come. This is foreseeable due to the months of December in which he averaged 17.1 points, 5.4 boards and 4.1 assist ( 12 games ), and February, 18.6 points  5.2 boards, and 5.6, assist ( 10 games ).

Quite honestly we think he will be the next big thing in LA following LeBron James in an exceptional way. It was rumored the Lakers think so much of him he was not on the table in their offer to get Leonard; and I think this is why the Spurs shut down talks almost before they started.

Please welcome to the Flock young baller extraordinaire Brandon Ingram!

USATSI_9663442_153179170_lowres.jpg

Look Mom, 7'2" wing span, I will soon be flying!

@Buzzard has been pinged

• Like 4

With the 49th pick in the draft the Flock is selecting a Jack of all Trades and Master of Efficiency. Otto Porter is the straw that stirs the Wizards drink as far as I am concerned. His efficiency is becoming legendary for those who keep up with that along with advanced stats. Here is what I am writing about: Career FG% of .487, career eFG of .561, career 3pt % of .404 and last year from outside the line he set a career best of .440! Want some more, how about these advanced stats in which everyone of them is team leading: a VORP of 3.1, BPM of 3.6, and a WS of 8.6. You got that right, as in better than John Wall and Bradley Beal in all three of those categories.

Now how does he fit on my team you may be wondering. There's 48 minutes in a game. He can sub in for Brandon at SF, we can move Brandon to SG and play him at SF while giving Beal a rest, he can sub in for Kat at PF, we can slide KAT to Center giving Turner a rest and he can sub in again at PF. Many options for our coach which is exactly why we went ahead and doubled down on the wing position. Otto may be unknown to many fans outside of the DC area; but once he wins a couple of sixth man of the year awards he will be a ESPN darling and will get paid like one.

Please Welcome our shiny new Swiss Army Knife to the Flock, Mr. Otto Porter Jr.

why-otto-porter-will-re-sign-with-the-wi

@turnermx is up and has been PMd.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the 49th pick in the draft the Flock is selecting a Jack of all Trades and Master of Efficiency. Otto Porter is the straw that stirs the Wizards drink as far as I am concerned. His efficiency is becoming legendary for those who keep up with that along with advanced stats. Here is what I am writing about: Career FG% of .487, career eFG of .561, career 3pt % of .404 and last year from outside the line he set a career best of .440! Want some more, how about these advanced stats in which everyone of them is team leading: a VORP of 3.1, BPM of 3.6, and a WS of 8.6. You got that right, as in better than John Wall and Bradley Beal in all three of those categories.

Now how does he fit on my team you may be wondering. There's 48 minutes in a game. He can sub in for Brandon at SF, we can move Brandon to SG and play him at SF while giving Beal a rest, he can sub in for Kat at PF, we can slide KAT to Center giving Turner a rest and he can sub in again at PF. Many options for our coach which is exactly why we went ahead and doubled down on the wing position. Otto may be unknown to many fans outside of the DC area; but once he wins a couple of sixth man of the year awards he will be a ESPN darling and will get paid like one.

Please Welcome our shiny new Swiss Army Knife to the Flock, Mr. Otto Porter Jr.

why-otto-porter-will-re-sign-with-the-wi

@turnermx is up and has been PMd.

dang, Porter was gonna be my next pick to complete my starting line up. After you chose Ingram, i
i thought you might take a pg, and allow me to get Porter.  :dry:

1 minute ago, pimp said:

dang, Porter was gonna be my next pick to complete my starting line up. After you chose Ingram, i
i thought you might take a pg, and allow me to get Porter.  :dry:

I was really split between them. In the end I could not pass up on Ingram's upside but the tendentious issues he had last year gave me some concern. So I took the best of both worlds. Potential Super Star and Steady Eddie.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

With the 48th pick in the draft the Flocking Buzzards select a player whom I think has the upside to be a KD Lite. Brandon Ingram is a 20 year old 2nd year wing who has already put up some impressive numbers. While averaging 16.1 points, 5.3 rebounds and 3.9 assist for the season is impressive, I think the best is soon to come. This is foreseeable due to the months of December in which he averaged 17.1 points, 5.4 boards and 4.1 assist ( 12 games ), and February, 18.6 points  5.2 boards, and 5.6, assist ( 10 games ).

Quite honestly we think he will be the next big thing in LA following LeBron James in an exceptional way. It was rumored the Lakers think so much of him he was not on the table in their offer to get Leonard; and I think this is why the Spurs shut down talks almost before they started.

Please welcome to the Flock young baller extraordinaire Brandon Ingram!

USATSI_9663442_153179170_lowres.jpg

Look Mom, 7'2" wing span, I will soon be flying!

@Buzzard has been pinged

Scratching name off my list..

Great pick @Buzzard. Stardom coming soon for him as in this year lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Scratching name off my list..

Great pick @Buzzard. Stardom coming soon for him as in this year lol.

If Ingram gets a little stronger and stays healthy, him and Bron will be a tough out at the two forward positions.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If Ingram gets a little stronger and stays healthy, him and Bron will be a tough out at the two forward positions.

Ya I honk Lebron pulled a 2004 Shaq in wanting to go to LA. They say it was to set up his future after basketball but that’s not the case imo. I think he saw Ingram like Shaq saw Wade in Miami. Up and coming fast. 

Im not comparing the two at the same stage though by any means as Wade was a more polished player coming out of Marquette and starting kicking butt right off the bat whereas Ingram will start in season 3. 

Note: Wade came out after his junior year (I think ?)

Ingram came out after his freshman. 

Buzz nailed this imho!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Top 50 so far.

East vs. West

First 10 -- West 8, East 2

First 20 -- West 13, East 7

First 30 -- West, 16, East 14

First 40 -- West 21, East 19

First 50 -- West 28, East 22

Rookies: zero (gotta be a 1st, right?)