2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

21 minutes ago, turnermx said:

With the 50th pick, I'm picking PG Jamal Murray, write up to come, JayBird is next will be PM'd

Probably the most underrated young guard in the league. 1st year played SG mostly, 2nd year played PG almost exclusively. At 6'4" he can do both. He was on my radar.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 47th selection in the 2018 Dynasty draft turnermx Make it Drizzle select PF/C Hassan Whiteside.

The talent is there – its all up to whether or not he can stay motivated when he is taken out by Spoelstra for matchups. With the minutes, Whiteside is a double double machine.  Granted it may be a challenge for him next to Davis the way he can rebound but there will be times where only one of them will be on the floor. Rebounding shouldn’t be an issue for the drizzle with Davis and Whiteside together.

i.jpg

• Premium Member

With the 50th selection in the 2018 Dynasty the turnermx Make it Drizzle select PG/SG Jamal Murray. 

Definite upside with this kid at 21 years of age and already one of the most underrated NBA guards as @Buzzard wisely pointed out.  We’re counting on him still getting better and playing next to Lillard as a SG might not be the best option defensively but this backcourt could score with anyone. As can be seen from attached photo, he aspires to be a warrior. Not a Golden State Warrior, but a warrior for the Drizzle.

jamal-murray-denver-nuggets-nba-rookie-of-the-month-atb-news.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 48th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select Taurean Waller-Prince of our Atlanta Hawks.

If the last half of last season is any indication, Prince is ready to take the step step offensively.  He has a money 3-ball and with his growing comfort in running the offense either to make a play for himself or others on the upswing, I have high hopes for him this season.  He must maintain his focus and tenacity on defense and rebounding to take that next step for his all around game.

@TheNorthCydeRises will he PMd

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 48th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select Taurean Waller-Prince of our Atlanta Hawks.

If the last half of last season is any indication, Prince is ready to take the step step offensively.  He has a money 3-ball and with his growing comfort in running the offense either to make a play for himself or others on the upswing, I have high hopes for him this season.  He must maintain his focus and tenacity on defense and rebounding to take that next step for his all around game.

I ❤️ it! TP baby!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I believe it’s pick 51 tho if I’m not mistaken not 48. 

Oh really, cool, thanks ?.

Sure, no problem.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

TP was definitely on my radar, heck I'd start him ahead of Covington. don't want to dis a player I drafted tho lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I like it. I think Prince makes a name for himself this season and cashes in on it real soon.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m looking to trade down if anyone is interested. Pick #55 is up for grabs if anyone wants it for a Schlenk type of reasonable deal. Aka I can be had...a lil

You are probably not up for mine at 72 and 73 but they can be had if someone I really like is still out there.

15 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You are probably not up for mine at 72 and 73 but they can be had if someone I really like is still out there.

Oooohhh ya that’s a bit far off. BTW I think my pick is 56th not 55. 

With the next pick in the draft, the AAF selects Luka Doncic
luka-doncic-mvp-real-madrid-trophy-photo

He's a versatile playmaker with a high basketball IQ.
He has great passing skills, and can shoot and score from anywhere on the floor.
Playing with guys like Kyrie and Kawhi , and Love, means assists should come easy for him.
We feel that we are the best situation for Luka, because there won't be as much pressure on him
to become a star right away, because he's already surrounded by stars.
We plan to bring him along slowly and let him learn for our top guys.And if he does become a star one day, it would soften the blow of someone like Kawhi leaving in FA some day.

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG- Luka Doncic
SF- Kawhi Leonard
PF-Kevin Love
C- Andre Drummond

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pimp said:

With the next pick in the draft, the AAF selects Luka Duncic

He's a versatile playmaker with a high basketball IQ.
He has great passing skills, and can shoot and score from anywhere on the floor.
Playing with guys like Kyrie and Kawhi , and Love, means assists should come easy for him.
We feel that we are the best situation for Luka, because there won't be as much pressure on him
to become a star right away, because he's already surrounded by stars.
We plan to bring him along slowly and let him learn for our top guys.And if he does become a star one day, it would soften the blow of someone like Kawhi leaving in FA some day.

PG- Kyrie Irving
SG- Luka Duncic
SF- Kawhi Leonard
PF-Kevin Love
C- Andre Drummond

Someone mentioned rookies and their one goes! Nice pick and I agree, he should be fine even as a rookie wrapped around your vets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Someone mentioned rookies and their one goes! Nice pick and I agree, he should be fine even as a rookie wrapped around your vets.

I wanted Porter, but I had Luka next in line. This is the 2nd time that i was the first person to take a rookie. I Took Ben Simmons in the 30s in 2016 , and if feeling pretty good about that right now. :cool:

• Admin

With the next pick Capstone’s Crew selects

Blake Griffin PF 6’9

6280D0C5-1538-44D1-AA8A-A930D20A35AC.jpeg

Blake added some new facets to his game last season ...averaging 1.9 3pg and 6.2 apg ... yes you read that right he averaged over 6 assists per game with the Pistons.  it is obviously known how good an offensive player he is but Blake is also a solid position defender .. although he doesn’t get a lot of defensive stats but he does a great job of staying on his man and forcing bad shots.  We are excited to have him with the crew and will nicely with Durant and Jordan in our front court.  We also like to announce a new partnership with KIA where their logos will be appearing on the Crew jerseys This season!  Welcome to the team Blake! 

• Like 2