• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators

Want to keep this rolling and about to leave work.  Writeup will follow but the pick is an other golden age 28er and our second consecutive DPOY with:

Draymond Green

The opposition is not going to look forward to scoring on these big men.

ap_232219560232.jpg?w=1200

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock!

• Like 2

Middleton, Draymond, and Tatum were all on my radar and great picks. Who ever I took I knew for a fact they would not make it back around to me at 48. So tough to see five players I want while knowing for a fact, I can only have two!

Go Hawks!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Middleton, Draymond, and Tatum were all on my radar and great picks. Who ever I took I knew for a fact they would not make it back around to me at 48. So tough to see five players I want while knowing for a fact, I can only have two!

Go Hawks!

Well there goes my big board, time to dust off the medium board.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Tatum or Green were definitely the 2 guys I was hoping to select with my next pick. RIP

Wings and bigs go fast. I had four 20 PPG SGs on my big board for 24/25. Alphabetical order: Beal, Booker, Mitchell, and Oladipo. I was seriously sweating if I would get any of them.

• Like 1

Image result for ballislife logo 2 years ago, it was we at Ballislife, that put you on to him . . .

JAYSON TATUM . . . . the 28th pick of the Northcyde Ballers

We all saw it coming, even if you didn't.  The talent.  The versatility.  The smoothness.   We knew the kid had it all.   And when he went to Duke, he proved to everyone that saw him that he was one of the best players in the nation.

In his NBA rookie year with Boston, he came out like HE was the #1 pick in the draft.  People definitely had buyer's remorse, after seeing him shine in the first 3 months of the season, while the guys picked ahead of him struggled, or just flat out couldn't play.   Playing alongside Kyrie, he didn't force anything, averaging 14 ppg and almost 6 rebounds.  Most impressive was the shooting.  51% FG - 47% 3FG in his first 40 games.

Then came the rookie wall.  No sweat.  All rookies go through it.   The shooting came back down to earth ( 42% FG - 36% 3FG in his next 23 games ).  

But when Kyrie was shut down in March, the Celtics needed someone to step their game up.   They needed someone who could at least attempt to be the #1 scoring option at times.  In his final 14 games of the season, he averaged 17 ppg, while shooting 48% FG and 44% 3FG.

But this young team, without Kyrie and Gordon, surely couldn't make a big run in the playoffs, could they?

You bet they could.

Young Tatum would be one of the catalysts to lead the Celtics to the Eastern Conference Finals, and battle the great Lebron James TOE TO TOE in Game 7.

While Lebron would win the battle and the war, Young Tatum would gain the respect of the King.   Now they're side by side, ready to DESTROY the Hawksquawk Nation.

PG - 

G/F - Jayson Tatum

F - Lebron James

PF - Kristaps Porzingis

C - 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Image result for ballislife logo 2 years ago, it was we at Ballislife, that put you on to him . . .

JAYSON TATUM . . . . the 28th pick of the Northcyde Ballers

We all saw it coming, even if you didn't.  The talent.  The versatility.  The smoothness.   We knew the kid had it all.   And when he went to Duke, he proved to everyone that saw him that he was one of the best players in the nation.

In his NBA rookie year with Boston, he came out like HE was the #1 pick in the draft.  People definitely had buyer's remorse, after seeing him shine in the first 3 months of the season, while the guys picked ahead of him struggled, or just flat out couldn't play.   Playing alongside Kyrie, he didn't force anything, averaging 14 ppg and almost 6 rebounds.  Most impressive was the shooting.  51% FG - 47% 3FG in his first 40 games.

Then came the rookie wall.  No sweat.  All rookies go through it.   The shooting came back down to earth ( 42% FG - 36% 3FG in his next 23 games ).  

But when Kyrie was shut down in March, the Celtics needed someone to step their game up.   They needed someone who could at least attempt to be the #1 scoring option at times.  In his final 14 games of the season, he averaged 17 ppg, while shooting 48% FG and 44% 3FG.

But this young team, without Kyrie and Gordon, surely couldn't make a big run in the playoffs, could they?

You bet they could.

Young Tatum would be one of the catalysts to lead the Celtics to the Eastern Conference Finals, and battle the great Lebron James TOE TO TOE in Game 7.

While Lebron would win the battle and the war, Young Tatum would gain the respect of the King.   Now they're side by side, ready to DESTROY the Hawksquawk Nation.

PG - 

G/F - Jayson Tatum

F - Lebron James

PF - Kristaps Porzingis

C - 

I like it and this is why I drafted two mobile 7 footers. KAT and Turner want some of this; come meet them in the paint.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Want to keep this rolling and about to leave work.  Writeup will follow but the pick is an other golden age 28er and our second consecutive DPOY with:

Draymond Green

The opposition is not going to look forward to scoring on these big men.

ap_232219560232.jpg?w=1200

@HopefulHawksFan is on the clock!

Oh I hate you. I already had my writeup ready to go.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/25/2018 at 6:03 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

In the 2nd Round, with the 16th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

ola.jpg

No, no, no, Kehinde Babatunde Victor Oladipo (Shooting Guard, 6'4", 210 lbs., Age 26)! When we asked you to try on some “Chuck Taylor,” All-Star, that is so not what we had in mind. To be honest, though, you’re kinda halfway there, might as well see it through. Makeup!

To a few, selecting him at this spot may seem a reach… just kidding! I would’ve been decidedly in that reach camp this time last season, myself. Yet, it’s amazing what happens when you commit to developing a former high draft pick in the offseason, when he commits to improving his own conditioning, and when you entrust him with the ball.

A predictable boost in usage in 2017-18 did not prove commensurate with a drop in efficiency. Quite the opposite. Oladipo surged in field-goal accuracy inside and beyond the perimeter, and improved as a rebounder and a passer, all while leading the league in steals (2.4 SPG) and finishing the year as a top-ten scorer (23.1 PPG).

In his fifth pro season, Oladipo has emerged as a quintessential floor leader, on both ends of the floor. Earning his All-League 3rd Team and All-Defensive 1st Team in the regular season, he didn’t stop there, leading his team to pushing the longtime Eastern Conference champions to the brink of elimination. Victor was ultimately not victorious, but not for a lack of trying, again putting in nearly 23 points and a league-best 2.4 steals per contest in the opening round.

Their remains room for improvement for the league’s reigning Most Improved Player award winner. Specifically, his shot efficiency can improve even more, giving up his long-two field goal attempts in favor of three-pointers, particularly the catch-and-shoot variety. As a smallish shooting guard, he has been reliant in recent years on steady point guards as teammates, but at least for now, he will have to bring the ball up the floor and set up more productive plays for his floor-sharers.

Those teammates will include Joel Embiid, his fellow first-time All-Star with deep West African roots. It will be easy building a rapport between Vic and Joel, particularly on screen-and-rolls, that will provide the Tenders a new-age Wade-and-Shaq combo that could indeed prove Lethal for many seasons to come.

Keep the wig, Victor. Things could get hairy for the rest of the Summer Dynasty League!

updated! Also, sent a courtesy e-mail to HHF, she'll have until 11:56 according to my Swatch.

~lw3

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

updated! Also, sent a courtesy e-mail to HHF, she'll have until 11:56 according to my Swatch.

~lw3

I would have made a bet yesterday we would get back to me tonight. I am glad I did not post such a promising outlook.