• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NO MLK DAY GAME!!!!!!! [except the one on NBATV]

kg01

On 8/10/2018 at 7:16 PM, KB21 said:

Bud coming back to Atlanta on January 13.  I may have to make a trip to see that one to watch Bud shove Travis's face into the court.  

People gonna sleep on the Bucks till they start mopping up folks in the playoffs.  He’s already influencing the GM to build his style of roster: shipping Parker’s silly ass out, bringing Illy back and Jaylen Morris over.  I think he’ll take Delly and Brogdon to their next levels while Divencenzo will cut his teeth as a defensive standout.  They may have the longest frontcourt depth ever.  7(!) freaking guys who are 7’0” or well over that in wingspan.  Middleton will be a surefire AS and Giannis will maintain his MVP form beyond Christmas.  I doubt Bledsoe will respond to hard coaching though so he’s on the block by AS Break.

I saw the Bucks live a couple years ago and was unimpressed.  Dwight and Sap I think dominated them late.  I’m definately going this year to catch #BudWave.  I’ll always be a fan of the guy but can understand why some aren’t.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

People gonna sleep on the Bucks till they start mopping up folks in the playoffs.  He’s already influencing the GM to build his style of roster: shipping Parker’s silly ass out, bringing Illy back and Jaylen Morris over.  I think he’ll take Delly and Brogdon to their next levels while Divencenzo will cut his teeth as a defensive standout.  They may have the longest frontcourt depth ever.  7(!) freaking guys who are 7’0” or well over that in wingspan.  Middleton will be a surefire AS and Giannis will maintain his MVP form beyond Christmas.  I doubt Bledsoe will respond to hard coaching though so he’s on the block by AS Break.

I saw the Bucks live a couple years ago and was unimpressed.  Dwight and Sap I think dominated them late.  I’m definately going this year to catch #BudWave.  I’ll always be a fan of the guy but can understand why some aren’t.

Bud is the best!  The only reason the Hawks weren't a sub 20 win team this past season is Mike Budenholzer.

I wanna talk so much ? but there’s too much ?...Bud will do pretty well with Bucks..ahhh whatever

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's clearly how it happened.  @Duff_Man doesn't seem to be a believer though.  Kinda makes me sad, if I'm being honest. :ermm:

He didn’t see your Kenny Atkinson blowup at the Target ? center ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wanna talk so much ? but there’s too much ?...Bud will do pretty well with Bucks..ahhh whatever

He didn’t see your Kenny Atkinson blowup at the Target ? center ? 

Clearly he didn't.  I think I might've peed a little. :alien:

On the Bucks, they'll look improved simply due to having an actual system on both ends.  What we don't know is will Giannis actually do well in a structure.  It's a legit question.

Will a system help or hinder him?  Let's be honest, everything Buttz did/does was to share the ball, take advantage so the 'sum of the parts' stuff due to our lack of elite-ness.  We have no idea if that'll mesh well with a guy like Giannis.

What happens when (not if) Buttz gets on Giannis for playing outside the offense to get a bucket?  "Oh Giannis is so coachable.  He's such a great guy, surely he'll bow to Butttz when it matters."  Yeah, ok.  We don't know if he's coachable.  He's never been coached.  Pencil them in as a 50-win club if you want.  I'm not.

• Like 2

Bud is at worst a top 10 coach, but he never proved to be a great playoff coach. He had better defensive players to work with in Atlanta and Cleveland was always able to do exactly what they wanted to do to break open or close the game. Still, we would have won at least of a couple of those if we had anyone who could get a bucket in crunch time. Giannis can do freaky things (except hit a jumper - for now) and Middleton can take over a game. I'm not sure any of that matters if the Celtics are healthy unfortunately. Kawhi could also finally turn Toronto into a serious playoff team. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, High5 said:

Bud is at worst a top 10 coach, but he never proved to be a great playoff coach. He had better defensive players to work with in Atlanta and Cleveland was always able to do exactly what they wanted to do to break open or close the game. Still, we would have won at least of a couple of those if we had anyone who could get a bucket in crunch time. Giannis can do freaky things (except hit a jumper - for now) and Middleton can take over a game. I'm not sure any of that matters if the Celtics are healthy unfortunately. Kawhi could also finally turn Toronto into a serious playoff team. 

Bud's team was always lacking this type of player hence it relied so heavily on 'the system'.  When things broke doen there wasn't a single player good enough to will a win.

• Like 1