• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NO MLK DAY GAME!!!!!!! [except the one on NBATV]

kg01

The Grizzlies????  So we're gonna celebrate, again, where MLK was killed?  That's something we want to memorialize every freaking year?

I hope Davis is hurt for the 'Cans that day and I hope Cousins and Curry get into a fist-fight on live TV.

• Like 4

... and furthermore ...

the Grizzlies?!?!  The whole 'grindhouse' phenomenon wore off 6 years ago.  Nobody wants to watch Conley boring arse or Gasol complainin' arse.  JJJ will be mildly interesting, at best.

I'm so pissed right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

That is some A-grade f&@kery.

"Oh hey ... here's where King was gunned down.  Oooh look, they kept the room just as it was when he was bleeding out on the balcony." - Rando NBA Announcer

Yeah 'cause, with all the race problems bubbling up nowadays, what we really wanna do is show where MLK was killed.  Yeah, that's inspirational.

(Wait, did I lay the sarcasm on think enough?)

Or, we could show the King Center, his house, etc.

Tell me, which of these sites is near and dear to the hearts of white supremacists?

Oh no you di'n't.  Oh yes I did.

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Really?  I could’ve sworn we played the Knicks.

No national tv game last year.  If we played NYK, I don't remember.  I just remember not being nationally televised.  And the year before, we played at Detroit.  Coolest part about that was them showing clips from Atlanta of MLK stuff during the game.  WTF?

KB21 - Yep.  Last season the Hawks had -0- nationally televised games.  Since they are expected by those "experts" who know all, that they will be the G league team in the NBA this season, therefore we expect that same -0- nationally televised games this season.  It stinks, doesn't it.

I think it's sad when we can't have at least one game on national TV on MLK day since Atlanta is the MLK center.

:angry2:

Just now, Gray Mule said:

KB21 - Yep.  Last season the Hawks had -0- nationally televised games.  Since they are expected by those "experts" who know all, that they will be the G league team in the NBA this season, therefore we expect that same -0- nationally televised games this season.  It stinks, doesn't it.

I think it's sad when we can't have at least one game on national TV on MLK day since Atlanta is the MLK center.

:angry2:

When you decide to intentionally lose games, you should be punished like this.  Personally, I still think he nba should take away draft picks for this. There is nothing in sports that is more morally wrong than tanking.  

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Well, this is what happens when you tank.   You don’t get the national TV games.   

Knicks are tanking this year.  LAL were tanking last year.  Check the # of national tv games between them.

DAL was tanking last year.  How many times were the Hinkie 6ers on national tv.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.

And here comes the "Bwah technically so-and-so weren't tanking, per se.  They were ...  uh, just losing but not tanking."

• Like 1

Damn, somebody get @kg01 some pot lollipops cuz dude is about to stroke out over this. Seriously though, I get that there is history with Hawks MLK day games and all, but let's be real, MLK wasn't dreaming about Hawks basketball. Heck, even many Hawks fans right now aren't dreaming about Hawks basketball. The team is fairly embarrassing to watch right now, and that's coming from a fan. Let Adam Silver keep on with his best Nosferatu impression and let us focus on getting the Hawks halfway respectable before we start trying to present them nationally. I get that the games are tradition and maybe that will even continue this year, but let's not worry about televising one of our (possibly) ~70 losses across the nation. Just sayin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Damn, somebody get @kg01 some pot lollipops cuz dude is about to stroke out over this. Seriously though, I get that there is history with Hawks MLK day games and all, but let's be real, MLK wasn't dreaming about Hawks basketball. Heck, even many Hawks fans right now aren't dreaming about Hawks basketball. The team is fairly embarrassing to watch right now, and that's coming from a fan. Let Adam Silver keep on with his best Nosferatu impression and let us focus on getting the Hawks halfway respectable before we start trying to present them nationally. I get that the games are tradition and maybe that will even continue this year, but let's not worry about televising one of our (possibly) ~70 losses across the nation. Just sayin

? I didn’t think anybody could get angrier that me but @kg01 might need some of the icky shuffle for real doh. Comon though Lamar 70 losses bro? We are better than a 12 win team. I was on board with @hazer‘s magical 28 win figure. It’s really hard to predict this year but I wouldn’t be totally surprised if we were in the 30’s as well. Although Vegas set the number at 23.5 (lowest in the league) and they are usually off by a game or two so this suggests 21-26 wins. 

I do understand what your saying but I honestly looked forward to those MLK Hawk games because they should be featuring us first then Memphis imo. I’m a Lions ? fan and I think the reason Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday is partly because of them. I always give thanks to my family, friends and the Detroit Lions on that day. Id be more ? than kg if they took that away from us but this one bugs a lot as well. You don’t screw with tradition imo.

• Like 4