• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My Goodness, Bol Bol looks insane

I literally saw a video of him last year and he looked slow and choppy. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN ONE YEAR? Seriously...Bird asked what we thought of Bol last week and I based my opinion on last year’s highlights. 

He looks fluid, he looks a ton faster and more mobile. He’s got a turnaround and some low post moves. Defense is obviously insane as well. He’s like Kristaps in a way with the skill level. 

Where are these freaks coming from? ? Seriously Giannis, Kristaps and now this dude. Unicorn ? central.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

With our top pick I'm leaning towards a SG or SF that can carry the offense with passing and scoring abilities. (Someone in the mold of Donovan Mitchell).   That player will pair well with Trae.

This team lacks capable and reliable ball handlers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I literally saw a video of him last year and he looked slow and choppy. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN ONE YEAR? Seriously...Bird asked what we thought of Bol last week and I based my opinion on last year’s highlights. 

He looks fluid, he looks a ton faster and more mobile. He’s got a turnaround and some low post moves. Defense is obviously insane as well. He’s like Kristaps in a way with the skill level. 

Where are these freaks coming from? ? Seriously Giannis, Kristaps and now this dude. Unicorn ? central.

Those freakishly tall guys tend to have shorter careers due to injuries, but he is intriguing. 

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With our top pick I'm leaning towards a SG or SF that can carry the offense with passing and scoring abilities. (Someone in the mold of Donovan Mitchell).   That player will pair well with Trae.

This team lacks high end and clearly elite end talent outside of Trae. As much as we love Omari and Kevin, those two aren't close to star potential yet but they are quality rooks. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Those freakishly tall guys tend to have shorter careers due to injuries, but he is intriguing. 

Ya plus his body structure isn’t naturally built for 82+ games a year. He needs to build some strength but even then it’ll be tough. He’s improved a ton though with the skill set. He’s already 50x more mobile than his dad though..rip manute.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team lacks high end and clearly elite end talent outside of Trae. As much as we love Omari and Kevin, those two aren't close to star potential yet but they are quality rooks. 

CBS has us taking Grimes at 6 with our own pick and Bol Bol with Mavs pick at 7!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-duke-freshmen-rj-barrett-zion-williamson-and-cam-reddish-go-1-2-3-after-dazzling-debuts/

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya plus his body structure isn’t naturally built for 82+ games a year. He needs to build some strength but even then it’ll be tough. He’s improved a ton though with the skill set. He’s already 50x more mobile than his dad though..rip manute.

Yea he's way more skilled than his Dad. Manute was mostly famous because he was so freakishly tall, but as a player he was mostly a defensive role player.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Honestly, the last thing I want Schlenk to do, is to try to build the team through the draft, without acquiring the Hall of Fame caliber / generational talent that should be acquired with a top 3 pick.

In other words, if Zion is the undisputed top talent in the draft, you don't bypass him because we already have John Collins or because we need more ball handlers.  Heck, Shelvin Mack can handle and distribute the ball.

If we're going to be bad, the Hawks MUST hit a home run with one of these draft picks.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If we're going to be bad, the Hawks MUST hit a home run with one of these draft picks.

And if we’re going to be bad, we need to be REAL bad. Barrett, Zion, OR Reddish could all be home runs. We’ll see after some games. Then take Bol with that Mav’s pick.

• Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

And if we’re going to be bad, we need to be REAL bad. Barrett, Zion, OR Reddish could all be home runs. We’ll see after some games. Then take Bol with that Mav’s pick.

Barrett and Bol, Zion and Bol, AND Reddish and Bol would all be a HAUL. Toss in Trae and Collins plus a star trade/FA and Hawks are COOK’n ? 

• Premium Member

Goes without saying that there is so much more to see before next June, but if Williamson sets aside the doubts about his shooting, he's an easy choice for #1. He is a Charles Barkley kind of talent.

Don't go to sleep on Doumbouya, though, folks. If we're swinging for the fences, he seems to me to bring one of the highest upsides. 

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Goes without saying that there is so much more to see before next June, but if Williamson sets aside the doubts about his shooting, he's an easy choice for #1. He is a Charles Barkley kind of talent.

Don't go to sleep on Doumbouya, though, folks. If we're swinging for the fences, he seems to me to bring one of the highest upsides. 

Not inmpressed with doumbouya. If he’s available say we get the mavs pick at 6 then yeah swing for the fences with that pick. Our pick should be one of duke trio, little or Johnson. Though I’m higher on bol bol at the moment and I could make a solid case for him over doumbouya.  In fact  on this day I want reddish, bol bol. Add that to young, Collins,Huerter and spelman and that’s a nice team. And exciting style of play. 

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Goes without saying that there is so much more to see before next June

57 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

Though I’m higher on bol bol at the moment and I could make a solid case for him over doumbouya.  In fact  on this day I want reddish, bol bol.

I think you could take almost any year, and had the draft been held before the NCAA and European seasons actually begun, the top 5 of the draft would have been distinctly different than it ended up being the next June.

That's just the nature of things, of course.

I'm saying Doumbouya possesses some fundamentals at a very young age that make him tantalizing in the same ways that Antetokounmpo did back-when.

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think you could take almost any year, and had the draft been held before the NCAA and European seasons actually begun, the top 5 of the draft would have been distinctly different than it ended up being the next June.

That's just the nature of things, of course.

I'm saying Doumbouya possesses some fundamentals at a very young age that make him tantalizing in the same ways that Antetokounmpo did back-when.

I agree with the first part. I just don’t see it yet. Admittly only have  caught like two of his games and some highlights this year that said not impressed. I think the duke trio, little and Johnson will be at the top of everyone’s draft boards now and at the end of the season. Not saying somebody can’t break through but I’d be hard press to find more talented guys. 

• Like 1