• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

31 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I told you the terms I am willing to agree to. Sorry buddy, I am the one with the leverage here.

Without question but don’t be the jacka$$ that says the pick won’t convert and post that daily yet still not have the balls to make a bet with them finishing bottom 7. It’s not a good look for you. Makes you look like you don’t even believe yourself which makes it kind of funny in a way.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, @bleachkit is a super villain.

You should've never got in bed with him, @Spud2nique

... or maybe you should get in bed with him to save your avatar?

Lol everyday he posts the Mavs pick won’t convert yet he won’t make another bet. I actually admire this because it’s like hitting in Vegas and leaving. It’s a smart move. He’s still a little weenie in my book though. Damn why did I say weenie, that’s another avatar idea right there.. F my life!

14 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Man Zion is looking like generational talent. I don’t even understand how he’s not a universal lock for #1. Sure there are things you can nitpick about his game, but I think this kid almost has the same amount of raw talent as an 18 year old LeBron.

-Steve Kerr

(who btw should shut the hell up...nobody cares about ur wisdom Kerr..)

Not you easy roc u the man!

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol everyday he posts the Mavs pick won’t convert yet he won’t make another bet. I actually admire this because it’s like hitting in Vegas and leaving. It’s a smart move. He’s still a little weenie in my book though. Damn why did I say weenie, that’s another avatar idea right there.. F my life!

I don't see this as hypocritical or anything.  I am sure he would tell you there is a very real chance it conveys but it really annoys him that there is also a very real chance it won't convey.  The significant risk of losing the pick is a product of the protection and lottery odds flattening.  You could actually take the bet he is offering, win it because Dallas finishes with too good a record but the pick still doesn't convey because of the higher odds of a team jumping into the top 3.  

I don't blame him for taking the position he is taking.  You are basically asking the house to give you back your money if you flip a coin and it turns up heads and the house is telling you to spin the wheel if you want your money back (which has much worse odds).

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't see this as hypocritical or anything.  I am sure he would tell you there is a very real chance it conveys but it really annoys him that there is also a very real chance it won't convey.  The significant risk of losing the pick is a product of the protection and lottery odds flattening.  You could actually take the bet he is offering, win it because Dallas finishes with too good a record but the pick still doesn't convey because of the higher odds of a team jumping into the top 3.  

I don't blame him for taking the position he is taking.  You are basically asking the house to give you back your money if you flip a coin and it turns up heads and the house is telling you to spin the wheel if you want your money back (which has much worse odds).

Oh no doubt he has the leverage and I do agree. I guess I’m just wondering if he makes a Mavs pick not converting post everyday, shouldn’t it lead me to believe that he truly believes that? I also think with a top 7 vs a top 5, I’m giving him good house odds. I guess that 7th and really 8th slot is where I think the pick lands so it’s hard for me to run double or nothing with the odds he’s giving me which is if Dallas finishes 9th worst I’d win...to me, there’s a huuuuge gap between 5-9, and more specifically here, 7-9.

Im not a sore loser though, I’ll take the Cavs lost bet like a man.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh no doubt he has the leverage and I do agree. I guess I’m just wondering if he makes a Mavs pick not converting post everyday, shouldn’t it lead me to believe that he truly believes that? I also think with a top 7 vs a top 5, I’m giving him good house odds. I guess that 7th and really 8th slot is where I think the pick lands so it’s hard for me to run double or nothing with the odds he’s giving me which is if Dallas finishes 9th worst I’d win...to me, there’s a huuuuge gap between 5-9, and more specifically here, 7-9.

Im not a sore loser though, I’ll take the Cavs lost bet like a man.

I'm not seeing him proclaim the Mavs pick won't convert, though.  Just that he fears it won't.  It is at risk.  Which is true.

In this thread, for example, he just said the protects irks him -- not that he thinks there is no way it conveys.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm not seeing him proclaim the Mavs pick won't convert, though.  Just that he fears it won't.  It is at risk.  Which is true.

In this thread, for example, he just said the protects irks him -- not that he thinks there is no way it conveys.

That’s true he didn’t proclaim it wouldn’t. I just thought I’d see if there was another bet to make for fun that’s all.

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2nique said:

That’s true he didn’t proclaim it wouldn’t. I just thought I’d see if there was another bet to make for fun that’s all.

I'm sure there will be more bets to be had as the season progresses.  :stirthepot:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Man Zion is looking like generational talent. I don’t even understand how he’s not a universal lock for #1. Sure there are things you can nitpick about his game, but I think this kid almost has the same amount of raw talent as an 18 year old LeBron.

The only reason is called Barret who looks like a sure fire 25ppg scorer if he were to start playing in the NBA right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Without question but don’t be the jacka$$ that says the pick won’t convert and post that daily yet still not have the balls to make a bet with them finishing bottom 7. It’s not a good look for you. Makes you look like you don’t even believe yourself which makes it kind of funny in a way.

Dude, I said it's about a 50% chance it won't convey. I hope it does convey. I don't want to see the Mavs get Zion or Barrett, mostly because I think Schlenk should not have conceded those terms when we clearly had the leverage. It's hardly a hot take. 

30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dude, I said it's about a 50% chance it won't convey. I hope it does convey. I don't want to see the Mavs get Zion or Barrett, mostly because I think Schlenk should not have conceded those terms when we clearly had the leverage. It's hardly a hot take. 

That’s fine but ur still a Debra S. Downer with those opinions. You are entitled to them but they make me sad. ? If you can sleep at night then by all means.