• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

31 minutes ago, aali34 said:

He also has a longer wingspan and from the looks of it a wider frame. I wish he would drive more tho.

Cam's high school tape shows a lot of driving. I believe coach K wants him to be a spot up shooter and let RJ and Zion drive to the basket.  I believe if any of them will fall out of the top 5 it'll be cam.  Just because he will not show off his complete skill set on a nightly basis.   Cam is almost as big of an anomaly as Zion.  Not many 6-9 guys move like him with his vision and shooting. 

For some reason I want Cam or Zion more than RJ.

I also believe one of the big 3 and a big (Bol Bol) would be great and it's the Hawks most likely scenario.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Cam's high school tape shows a lot of driving. I believe coach K wants him to be a spot up shooter and let RJ and Zion drive to the basket.  I believe if any of them will fall out of the top 5 it'll be cam.  Just because he will not show off his complete skill set on a nightly basis.   Cam is almost as big of an anomaly as Zion.  Not many 6-9 guys move like him with his vision and shooting. 

For some reason I want Cam or Zion more than RJ.

I also believe one of the big 3 and a big (Bol Bol) would be great and it's the Hawks most likely scenario.

None of em are bad choices, I think Cam and Zion can get their points within the flow of the offense better than RJ though. All of em are gifted passers for their size though.

Zion shot like 85% (IIRC) against a pretty good Kentucky team. This guy is an exceptional talent and will probably be a 20 ppg scorer his rookie year with good efficiency. I hope we get the 1st overall and 6th overall pick. I would draft Zion and Romeo Langford. Both are true two way players. Zion could almost immediately be your lead option offensively. Romeo is a 2nd/3rd option scorer and secondary ball handler we need. Both are good/very good defensively and have no glaring weaknesses in their games. Both will play very well of Trae Young.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Zion shot like 85% (IIRC) against a pretty good Kentucky team. This guy is an exceptional talent and will probably be a 20 ppg scorer his rookie year with good efficiency. I hope we get the 1st overall and 6th overall pick. I would draft Zion and Romeo Langford. Both are true two way players. Zion could almost immediately be your lead option offensively. Romeo is a 2nd/3rd option scorer and secondary ball handler we need. Both are good/very good defensively and have no glaring weaknesses in their games. Both will play very well of Trae Young.

Would you if you could pull it off Take Zion or Barrett at 1 and if we get the Mavs pick at 6 trade 6 + Unprotected Hawks 1st in 2020 + Prince to go up and get the other one of the 2? 

You would then have

Pg - Young / Vet
SG - Barrett / Huerter/ 30+ mil to find a SG
SF - Zion / Barrett /  30 + mil to find a SF
PF - Collins / Zion / Spellman
C - Len / Collins / 30+ mil to find a C

It's up to you how you would choose to spend the cap space and on what position depending where you would put Barrett, Zion, and Collins.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, falconfan13 said:

Would you if you could pull it off Take Zion or Barrett at 1 and if we get the Mavs pick at 6 trade 6 + Unprotected Hawks 1st in 2020 + Prince to go up and get the other one of the 2? 

You would then have

Pg - Young / Vet

It's up to you how you would choose to spend the cap space and on what position depending where you would put Barrett, Zion, and Collins.

Hawks should NEVER trade unprotected future 1sts.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, falconfan13 said:

You would then have

Pg - Young / Vet

Pull the trigger all day.

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks should NEVER trade unprotected future 1sts.  

To me that all depends on how you feel about the draft of players coming out next year compared to this years crop of guys.  I look at it like this do i think the guys i could get in the top 5 next year compare or come even close to the player i think Zion or RJ can be.  Basketball is the 1 sport that a superstar player are easily worth 2 other normal top 5 players that are above avg level in a normal draft.

31 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

To me that all depends on how you feel about the draft of players coming out next year compared to this years crop of guys.  I look at it like this do i think the guys i could get in the top 5 next year compare or come even close to the player i think Zion or RJ can be.  Basketball is the 1 sport that a superstar player are easily worth 2 other normal top 5 players that are above avg level in a normal draft.

Right. Both RJ and Zion look like locks to be NBA All Stars. Of course, my opinion may change with a more complete body of work. Based off what I’ve seen so far, I’d gladly add those two players and not think twice. You add those guys with Trae Young and John Collins while still being able to max a FA or two. That’s the kind of roster you hope to build when you start a rebuild.

16 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Right. Both RJ and Zion look like locks to be NBA All Stars. Of course, my opinion may change with a more complete body of work. Based off what I’ve seen so far, I’d gladly add those two players and not think twice. You add those guys with Trae Young and John Collins while still being able to max a FA or two. That’s the kind of roster you hope to build when you start a rebuild.

I think RJ will bust :batman:

21 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I agree

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

He's actually the 1 guy i have the most expectations not to bust of the group.  Reddish is the one of the big 3 i think might not live up to expectations of a top 3 player of those big 3.   Zion has the most bust potential of those 3 by a long shot but he also has the highest superstar factor of those 3 as well if it does translate to the highest level for him.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Allstars are a dime a dozen.  Hawks needs a SuperStar, big difference.

Unless either of those are guaranteed 'Lebron-esqe',  I have no interest in trading an UNPROTECTED future 1st. You have to add some protection.

When you are a rebuilding team, I don't think you put all your eggs in one proverbial draft basket.  The draft is too much of a crap shoot.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Allstars are a dime a dozen.  Hawks needs a SuperStar, big difference.

Unless either of those are guaranteed 'Lebron-esqe',  I have no interest in trading an UNPROTECTED future 1st. You have to add some protection.

When you are a rebuilding team, I don't think you put all your eggs in one proverbial draft basket.  The draft is too much of a crap shoot.

True (like perennial) All Stars are not a dime a dozen. Zion does have superstar potential too. I am just warming up to RJ Barrett, but he has the makings of a perennial All Star too. It is precisely because the draft is such a crap shoot that you do the trade because you’re guaranteed to add two very high impact, high potential players. A roster featuring Trae Young, RJ Barrett, Zion Williamson, John Collins, and a solid supporting cast is the kind of roster I would envision building when starting a rebuild. What if we make the playoffs or get close ? Now that unprotected pick is a late lottery at best and the odds of adding another player like RJ is slim to none. Of course, all this depends on how you feel about either player. I am on the side that they will both develop into Top 10-25 type players (maybe even top 5 in Zions case). 

9 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

TBH, I wasn’t super high on RJ either, but I’m warming up to him. He’s still got to tighten up his handle and make strides with his jump shot. I see flashes of Paul Pierce in his game though. Not an elite athlete, but knows how to use his gifts to create. 

• Like 1