• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They can't stand to admit that I was right on him as a prospect.  

He looks like he could be an Al Horford type of impact player to me - fundamentally sound and very good without ever being in the MVP discussion.  If he wants to be in the DPOY discussion, he needs to start hitting the boards a lot harder.  Non-wings winning that award average over 11 rpg and only two have ever won it without averaging at least 9.5 rpg.  Right now he is behind both Kyle Anderson and Omri Casspi in rebound rate.

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Looks like a very rich man's version if you are comparing them.  JJJ's current PER would be Marvin's career high, for example.

Possibly but that's more due to position that they play than anything and JJJ having more height and longer arms. JJJ best position is the 4. Marvin was the 3. JJJ can play both the 4 and 5 but Marvin is a tweener and isn't as effective at the 3 or the 4 depending on the matchup. It's fair to say Marvin's rookie numbers were good for his position and the same holds true for JJJ

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

They can't stand to admit that I was right on him as a prospect.  

You were wrong on him. You said he is the best rookie. You were wrong.

You said he is a 3 and D player. You are wrong, he can't shoot for shit. 

You said he wouldn't be in foul trouble in the NBA. Once again, you were wrong

I never said Bagley would have better BPM than Bagley as I think that's a pos stat anyway. Luka BPM sucks but Luka is much better than JJJ. I watch the games. I don't think JJJ is close to the best rookie but he has played well but so has Bagley who is averaging 19/9/2 per 36 and giving his team good defense. I am happy with what he is doing considering his role.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

You were wrong on him. You said he is the best rookie. You were wrong.

You said he is a 3 and D player. You are wrong, he can't shoot for shit. 

You said he wouldn't be in foul trouble in the NBA. Once again, you were wrong

I never said Bagley would have better BPM than Bagley as I think that's a pos stat anyway. Luka BPM sucks but Luka is much better than JJJ. I watch the games. I don't think JJJ is close to the best rookie but he has played well but so has Bagley who is averaging 19/9/2 per 36 and giving his team good defense. I am happy with what he is doing considering his role.

Tonight JJJ scored 27 points on 11 of 16. He clearly has some offensive game.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think he gave up control of Hawksquawk, as far as being a lead moderator and admin.   He should make a couple of yearly appearances, like Vince McMahon does in the WWE, just to let us know that he's OK.

Whew!  When you mentioned grave, I thought I had missed something serious.  

21 ppg (8-15 53 FG% 1-3 33 3P% 4-6 66 FT%) 8 rpg(3 Off) 2.5 apg 2 bpg 1.5 topg 

Those are very realistic numbers for a player like Zion even in the NBA at Year 1. He’s a generational talent. He checks all boxes for work ethic, leadership, and doesn’t get in trouble. We would be really lucky to add him.

• Moderators
On 11/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, KB21 said:

Whew!  When you mentioned grave, I thought I had missed something serious.  

Nope.  Just life and career getting busy - not a bad thing at all.  He still provides some background support to the site but is on hiatus or in retirement with regard to his prior prominent day-to-day role.