• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

If people are calling Zion a generational player then what is RJ Barrett ? Someone that’s better than him.

Based on what I've seen at this point, none of the three are generational players.  RJ Barrett is extremely inefficient as a scorer and really struggles to shoot on the move at this time.

Going from "RJ Barrett is a bad fit for the Hawks" to just not liking RJ Barrett at all. On top of being tunnel visioned/inefficient on offense, dude doesn't get any steals/blocks. 

I guess that's why he's consistently been the only Duke freshman to not get into foul trouble to start the year lol.

Ok I'll say it, and since I'm with family in a hotel in Florida in route to Bradenton, I couldn't see any of this game, but from what I have seen of Duke in most of two games and the feel I have on Barrett, he rubs me the wrong way. Might be an uber talent, but he screams Carmelo Anthony to me, one of the most selfish guys we've seen (outside the olympics and Syracuse). 

Zion might not have had a great game yesterday, but I liked how Duke was playing as a team in what I actually paid attention to. SDSU tried to make them into a jump shooting team and they moved the ball inside and out to get great open threes for everybody, including taking advantage of one double team on him I saw. But at times, it felt like Barrett was breaking the flow of the game by taking ISO jumpers. It was blah. Reddish was doing a great job of moving off the ball at times as well. 

3 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Reddish is the best fit for the Hawks. Would fit perfect at the 2 or 3. 

Agree, and since I'm not convinced any of the three are legitimate generational players like they are hyped up to be, Cam Reddish is the guy I would take at this point between the three.  

I'm going to check out Rui Hachimura next.  I want to see if that kid has developed a jump shot.  Considering where he was at last year as a shooter, I don't see him as the type of guy Travis Schlenk is going to draft.

It is still very early for this stuff, but I have a feeling that Cam Reddish will be the better NBA player of that Duke trio, and his game is the one that is being suppressed right now to accentuate the games of the other two.  

These ESPN analysts are terrible.

• Like 2

Zion is the best of the bunch. I’m sticking with my prediction that he’s an instant 20 ppg. Hes the impact NBA player. I now understand the DeRozan comparisons with Barrett too. Doesn’t look like a difference maker. Reddish isn’t bad, but you really have to LOOK for him. That scares me away from a guy with his level of talent and potential.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:25 PM, GameTime said:

Romeo plays like Kobe

I watched most of the Marquette game and I was surprised to watch how he was scoring and making plays for his team. Plays really well at times off the ball. He’s got some ISO ability. He uses his huge wingspan very very well in all aspects of the game. He doesn’t really strike me as a lead dog type scorer like Kevin Porter, but he’s can get a lot of points in a lot of different ways with no holes in his game.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, DBac said:

Barrett needs to get a situation like Mitchell in Utah. Wherever he goes, he's gotta be the man. I don't think his game is scalable.

Barrett needs to be the man wherever he goes next. Honestly, he sort of reminds me of a more selfish Baze for some reason. If I had my choice, I'd rather go with Reddish or Zion at this point. I'm not convinced Barrett is the BPA available if those two are on the board when we pick.

So after watching RJ Barrett go ISO on 3 straight possessions, and not even think about passing to his teammates, there's no way the Hawks should take that dude.

And Coach K should be ashamed.  You're down 2, and you don't even tell your group of talented guys to run the offense, and get it to the open guy?  Instead, you go to Barrett every time?

Give me Zion all day.

• Like 1