• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Make ESPN's List of NBA Absurdities

AHF

• Moderators

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24646625/zach-lowe-nba-hall-fame-absurdities

I've suggested on podcasts that the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame should construct a wing devoted to NBA absurdities. The NBA is the most absurd major U.S. sports league, churning out a never-ending stream of on-court bloopers, social media gaffes and melodrama. The day-to-day silliness deserves its place in Springfield, Massachusetts.

That will never happen, so we're going to start building our imaginary Absurdity Wing here.

The Hawks entries:

Faux-iconic jerseys and other ignoble NBA art

This is where we hang the Rasheed Wallace and Carmelo Anthony Hawks jerseys

Remember when Mike Woodson suddenly had no eyebrows?

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2012%2F0330%2Fnba_g_woo

(There turned out to be a perfectly mundane explanation. It's still funny.)

Zaza Pachulia screaming, "Nothing easy!"

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Coach Bud got injured in a game when an opposing player mowed him down.  

You also have the Mike Woodson technical for being on the receiving end of a Jason Kidd running elbow.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Willis missed the entire 1988-89 season with a broken bone in his right foot. He began to clamor for a renegotiation of his contract with the Hawks and faced discord with management. Willis refused to go to rehabilitation for his injury and also did not show up for home games while he was injured. This led to the Hawks suspending him indefinitely while he was still injured.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:08 PM, AHF said:

You also have the Mike Woodson technical for being on the receiving end of a Jason Kidd running elbow.

I was at the game, for us mach as we talked down about Woody the fans @ Phillips had his back on that play.

• Moderators
On 9/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, Blunt91 said:

I was at the game, for us mach as we talked down about Woody the fans @ Phillips had his back on that play.

As they should have.  Not that he wasn't in the wrong place but coaches do that all the time.  It was some BS.