• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins to miss start of regular season!

JayBirdHawk

Dedmon is experienced and he learned a lot last season.  He, and we, learned a lot about Dedmon last season.  Alex Len has already learned a lot in just three games this season.  I think it's great we have both.  Dedmon was one of my favorite Hawks last season and I was happy when he returned.

Alex Len is still young and, I believe, has never been given the opportunity that he is getting with the Hawks.  He will be much better than he is right now, given the opportunity to grow as a player.  Hawks are very fortunate to have both.

:approved:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This^^^^^...Also our pick and roll defense has been terrible because of center play.  Len hasn't been as effective in those situations as Dedmon was last year.  Also Dedmon is a better rebounder.  Len was averaging 4 rpg before the last game.  And on offense, is there even a question as to who is the better perimeter shooter?

Dedmon has been a better rebounder over his career, but you keep bringing up Len's 4 RPG like it was for an entire month. It was 2 games. Dedmon averaged 2.7 RPG over a 50% larger 3-game stretch last season. 

Also, after this preseason I think the perimeter shooting is worth a question. Len is 1-4 now, but I'd like to see him take a few more before deciding anything.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dedmon has a mid range shot.  Len does not

Well, midrange isn't the perimeter, but sure. Len used to take midrange shots before last season. His percentage wasn't as good as Dedmon's last season, but maybe he'll find more success here. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

I don't think there is an official definition, but to me the perimeter is long 2's and 3's. 

What Is The Perimeter Definition & Meaning In Basketball?

What Is The Definition Of Perimeter?

1. The perimeter refers to the area on a basketball court that is outside the free throw lane, but inside the three-point line. The shots taken from within this area are called perimeter shots or mid-range shots.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What Is The Perimeter Definition & Meaning In Basketball?

What Is The Definition Of Perimeter?

1. The perimeter refers to the area on a basketball court that is outside the free throw lane, but inside the three-point line. The shots taken from within this area are called perimeter shots or mid-range shots.

I guess I'm wrong. I've always thought of perimeter as 3's and a few feet inside the 3pt line and mid-range as ~14-17 feet. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well what do we have here?  What did I do to you?

Hey man back up back up (breaking up High5 and Peo like they Rondo and CP3)...

COMON YALL BACK THE F UP!!!

Sorry I’m fired up for Mavs 6.5 hours early...

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, High5 said:

Dedmon has been a better rebounder over his career, but you keep bringing up Len's 4 RPG like it was for an entire month. It was 2 games. Dedmon averaged 2.7 RPG over a 50% larger 3-game stretch last season. 

Also, after this preseason I think the perimeter shooting is worth a question. Len is 1-4 now, but I'd like to see him take a few more before deciding anything.

Agreed on the rebounding.  Dedmon has been the better rebounder for his carer but it isn't a big difference.  12.2 RP36 versus 11.7 RP36.

• Premium Member

I'd take Dedmon.

Dedmon is the better PnP player on offense, Both are good in the PnR.

Both have now extended their range to 3point line. Dedmon has a year under his belt.

Dedmon is the better defender at the rim and in PnR.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

Yeah, some people are capable of admitting when they're wrong. You could learn a thing or two Mr. "Fake News." 

Don't start with the public personal shots. If you guys got an issue please take it to PM and hug it out there.

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Don't start with the public personal shots. If you guys got an issue please take it to PM and hug it out there.

I really wish you would have PM'd me your concerns instead of confronting me in public like this. It has been a hard day. :( 

• Like 1

Len is a stiff that took yoga ??‍♂️ for 3 months...now, he looks like a wannabe flexible stiff. B+ effort!

I go Dedmon all the way. The guy is one of the most pure athletic centers in the game today. Not hating on Len because we need him. Just saying Dedmon is coming back in time.

Yeah. Len is a great big backup to have. I thought he was going to be good in his first couple years with PHX. And I dont think he's gotten any worse, he justdidn't get any better.

And I think the game has just changed. Dedmon has a skill set more suited to today's game. 

• Like 1