• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What are you most excited about for the new season.

thecampster

I'm most excited about the amount of crow folks are gonna eat from being wrong about Rayf Young.

I heard there's a new kiosk in the revamped arena called 'The Crow's Nest' for all these Hawks fans that were upset about the pick.  Sneak preview of the menu ...

Crow Etouffee aka Crowtoufee

Crow Sliders

Crow spaghetti

Roasted Crow

trollbird.gif

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I will say no...Prince could always shoot.  He still struggles in pick and roll and dribbling. Also his defense regressed last year.  John is just good at what he does best.  He didn't try to do anything that he struggled with last year like shooting from distance and putting the ball on the floor.  They both looked to have improved over the summer though.

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Last season?  I'd have to agree with Peoria and say no.

To me, development means that not only have you expanded your game, the expansion leads to the team playing better.   Collins was held back, and only allowed to function in the pick and roll, and not as a potential go-to scorer.  We saw a glimpse of his expansion in summer league, with him hitting 3s.  So let's see if he can make a decent percentage from 3 point range, and if the added range makes him and his team better.

With Prince, I have to agree with Peoria in that he's been a guy who could always shoot.  He showed that in college.  What we saw at the end of the year was Prince being allowed to take any shot he wanted, seeing that we'd traded Ilyasova and Belinelli, Baze was "hurt", and Dennis also gets "hurt".   If Prince can sustain that level of play, with opponents treating him like he's one of our best players, I'll concede that he is developing. 

But I still need that "development" to translate to more team success on the court.

Riiight. That's laughable.

Because Collins wasn't a fouling machine to start the season.  Because as the season progressed Collins didn't add shooting the 3 to his game. Two things about Collins coming out of college: defense and lack of assists - did he not improve on both as the season progressed?

You only want to look at Prince's volume of shots to end the season.  Go back and look and the variety of shots that he was taking. Finishing through contact. I remember saying last year that i was most impressed with Prince's ability to show he could run the offense and find others. It's funny how folks said in the preseason he's looking like he picked up from where he left off last season and hoping he can keep it up.

But ok.....neither Prince nor Collins improved their games last season even in losses.

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agree.  Prince was the same player at the end of last season as he was at the beginning do the season and the skill set that Collins showed in summer league was the exact same as he had coming out of college.  Sadly no development at all last year.

(/sarcasm)

You got me :biggrin:.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Riiight. That's laughable.

Because Collins wasn't a fouling machine to start the season.  Because as the season progressed Collins didn't add shooting the 3 to his game. Two things about Collins coming out of college: defense and lack of assists - did he not improve on both as the season progressed?

You only want to look at Prince's volume of shots to end the season.  Go back and look and the variety of shots that he was taking. Finishing through contact. I remember saying last year that i was most impressed with Prince's ability to show he could run the offense and find others. It's funny how folks said in the preseason he's looking like he picked up from where he left off last season and hoping he can keep it up.

But ok.....neither Prince nor Collins improved their games last season even in losses.

You got me :biggrin:.

April was Prince's best offensive month with exception of turnovers with Highs in shooting percentage, assist and turnovers but was his worse month defensively with lows in blocks, steals and rebounding.  But prior to April, every offensive stat was trending downward

• Premium Member

As far as Collins is concerned.  April was his worse offensive month with lows in shooting percentage, FT percentage, and turnovers but he did experience an uptick in assist and rebounding.  His uptick in rebounding and assist can be partially explained by his increase in minutes played from 24-26 minutes per game prior to mid march to 31 minutes per game in April.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

As far as Collins is concerned.  April was his worse offensive month with lows in shooting percentage, FT percentage, and turnovers but he did experience an uptick in assist and rebounding.  His uptick in rebounding and assist can be partially explained by his increase in minutes played from 24-26 minutes per game prior to mid march to 31 minutes per game in April.

It is clear as daylight for me seeing the things Collins was doing this summer that he wasn’t doing in college or the prior summer that he developed significantly.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

It is clear as daylight for me seeing the things Collins was doing this summer that he wasn’t doing in college or the prior summer that he developed significantly.

This summer yes but the question about last season

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This summer yes but the question about last season

I’m not  naive enough to think he wasn’t doing that during the season too.  In fact, we saw some of it as the season went on.

• Like 1

:argh:

Some of the things that I have read \ heard about our beloved Hawk team:

The first one, and you know that this bugs me:  No Hawk player on the Atlanta roster is good enough to start on any other team in the NBA.  At the rate that they are building this team, it will be at least five years until they are competitive.   No Hawk that is still on the roster from last season did anything to improve themselves since the end of last season.

None of the Hawks, including those left from last season, those that were drafted or those that was traded for or signed as free agents are good enough to be competitive with any other NBA team. 

Lloyd Pierce is not good enough, as a coach, to hold a flashlight for Bud to run by.  We lost, perhaps, the finest NBA coach alive today and signed someone who is only here to see to it that we lose every game possible so that we get that, great, wonderful, elusive first round draft pick.  Not that it will do us any good as he will, as soon as we select him, immediately sign a lifetime contract with an over seas team rather than come here.

Hawks are going to win 100 games!  Only problem is, they will only average 20 games won per season over the next five years. 

Three road losses coming up because we have no Collins who isn't really hurt.  It's part of the tank plan.  By the time we get home to Dallas, there will be more.

So great to be a Hawk fan and have to read \ listen to all this!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m not  naive enough to think he wasn’t doing that during the season too.  In fact, we saw some of it as the season went on.

What??? I just answered the question and my answer was no.  The main knock on him according to the Locked on Hawks podcast was he didn't expand his game during the season.  They were projecting him to be a back up forward/center on a good team until they saw him in summer league.  Especially that Jeff Seigal.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What??? I just answered the question and my answer was no.  The main knock on him according to the Locked on Hawks podcast was he didn't expand his game during the season.  They were projecting him to be a back up forward/center on a good team until they saw him in summer league.  Especially that Jeff Seigal.

I don’t accept your answer as realistic or accurate.  Sorry if that is shocking.

We just have different views here. You think Collins did all his development over the summer and none last year.  I don’t.  That is ok.

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The first one, and you know that this bugs me:  No Hawk player on the Atlanta roster is good enough to start on any other team in the NBA.  At the rate that they are building this team, it will be at least five years until they are competitive.   No Hawk that is still on the roster from last season did anything to improve themselves since the end of last season.

None of the Hawks, including those left from last season, those that were drafted or those that was traded for or signed as free agents are good enough to be competitive with any other NBA team. 

Lloyd Pierce is not good enough, as a coach, to hold a flashlight for Bud to run by.  We lost, perhaps, the finest NBA coach alive today and signed someone who is only here to see to it that we lose every game possible so that we get that, great, wonderful, elusive first round draft pick.  Not that it will do us any good as he will, as soon as we select him, immediately sign a lifetime contract with an over seas team rather than come here.

Hawks are going to win 100 games!  Only problem is, they will only average 20 games won per season over the next five years. 

Three road losses coming up because we have no Collins who isn't really hurt.  It's part of the tank plan.  By the time we get home to Dallas, there will be more.

And every bit of that is true.  You are seeing how truly despicable Travis Schlenk's plan is.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Nailed it!!!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don’t accept your answer as realistic or accurate.  Sorry if that is shocking.

We just have different views here. You think Collins did all his development over the summer and none last year.  I don’t.  That is ok.

What did he develop over last year?  Did he get better at what he does best with normal growth as a young players? Yes!  So did every other rookie on the team including Dorsey.  But the most significant improvement came during the summer as he worked on his jump shot which was on display during the summer league, Not last April.  His shooting percentages were down in April.  Free throw percentage dipped to 47%.  We'll have to wait and see whether he can now put the ball on the floor and make an offensive move without turnovers.  Shooting and Iso moves away from the paint were his weaknesses and remained his weaknesses last year.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What did he develop over last year?  Did he get better at what he does best with normal growth as a young players? Yes!  So did every other rookie on the team including Dorsey.  But the most significant improvement came during the summer as he worked on his jump shot which was on display during the summer league, Not last April.  His shooting percentages were down in April.  Free throw percentage dipped to 47%.  We'll have to wait and see whether he can now put the ball on the floor and make an offensive move without turnovers.  Shooting and Iso moves away from the paint were his weaknesses and remained his weaknesses last year.

I don’t think for a second that he started working on his jumper for the first time when the season ended.  Bud has consistently worked with his bigs to develop their jump shots.  I’m sure that was going on all season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

And every bit of that is true.  You are seeing how truly despicable Travis Schlenk's plan is.

At 1st I thought that this was some type of act but now I'm beginning to think you actually believe everything GMule wrote in his parody! Hopefully your family has taken BLS so they can help you when you are choking on that massive amount of Crow you'll be eating this season.

• Like 1