• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why I like Huerter

Wurider05

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Huerter appears to be the kind of player who will do whatever the team needs him to do to win. I like that. He is no slouch on defense and will rebound, bring the ball up etc. he is the kind of player you need to win championships. Who would have ever thought that he would be in the game at crunch time?  Just think about the fact that he hasn't really had a scoring outburst yet but is showing other dimensions to his game. He has earned his minutes and is very skilled.

I agree. He has good basketball instincts.

12 minutes ago, TheTruth said:

I just wish he weren't so afraid to shoot. Kinda maddening. 

Other than that, I love the other aspects of his game... Certainly surprised me there. 

That was about to drive me crazy last night.  If he has an opening, and he's supposed to be a good shooter, I want him shooting the ball, and not over thinking each play.

• Like 1

• Moderators

He's a rookie so of course he's going to try and prove himself... I could write a list of guys that played hard out of college and then slouched and went soft after their rookie deal.  I like Huerter too, but we'll see who all these guys are after a few seasons. Are they a team-first guy like Julio or a diva like Odell.

Yup Huerter doing it the right way. Letting the game come to him and not force the issue. Maybe he had a look or two last night where he could have pulled the trigger but I’m not too mad that he didn’t. It’s a long season and more than that a long career for this guy. He has a very bright future.

Also, Huerter seems like a very fundamentally sound defender. He gets in the proper stance with his wide stance but he gets nice and low on it as well with symmetry in distance from his feet being shoulder width apart. It’s almost a textbook stance from what I’ve seen. Gotta love that. 

• Like 2

I actually think there's a decent chance he'll be the best player from this class. Great instincts does everything well no real weaknesses imo except not being aggressive on offense right now. I'm thinking that's mostly because he missed a lot of time with the injury and is unsure of where to find his shots and where his teammates will be.

• Like 2

We Hawk fans can sometimes behave very strange.  Now that we've watched him play for a few minutes, we believe that Kevin Huerter is / can be a very good player as he grows into the season.

I've read, here and there, that we really must tank this season away in order to obtain that great shooting guard that everyone so desires.  He must be a good defensive player and, for sure, the ability to score.

We want a 2 guard.  We have a 2 guard.  We know from what we've seen of him that he is very good on defense and we all know that he was said to be the best scorer / shooter in this summer's draft.  And, he can pass...

Darn.  There goes our #1 reason for tanking.  Wanting something that we already have!  We'll have to come up with another reason.

Hmm.  Let's see.  Hawks have three still on the injured list.  We must see what we have there before we really decide what we need, don't you think?  And, if we are to only win 18 games this season, we have 2 down and 16 to go!

Finally, it seems our old hands are taking their job of mentoring our young lads seriously.  Hawks just may turn out to be better than one or two thought.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup Huerter doing it the right way. Letting the game come to him and not force the issue. Maybe he had a look or two last night where he could have pulled the trigger but I’m not too mad that he didn’t. It’s a long season and more than that a long career for this guy. He has a very bright future.

Also, Huerter seems like a very fundamentally sound defender. He gets in the proper stance with his wide stance but he gets nice and low on it as well with symmetry in distance from his feet being shoulder width apart. It’s almost a textbook stance from what I’ve seen. Gotta love that. 

Well I hqve been touting Huerter and his defensive measurables and skillset since the onset. Glad to see he is growing on others.

The Red Mamba just might stick. Deadly on both ends of the floor.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

Well I hqve been touting Huerter and his defensive measurables and skillset since the onset. Glad to see he is growing on others.

Nice. Ya I gotta admit I didn’t know him well during the draft process but watching him now, great pick. Unselfish, seems like he’s ready to learn and understands the process. Nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCDBaptist said:

Matt Bonner was Red Mamba, already taken ?

1 hour ago, JCDBaptist said:

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Matt Bonner was Red Mamba, already taken ?

I’m sticking with “The Huert” ?