• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Hoping maybe the two picks in the forties are traded for something down the road or maybe help with whatever movement happens in this year's first round and then the #35 is our backup point guard. Helps clean up the number of rookies. If Dedmon is indeed ours moving forward then hoping SF, C, and PG are our picks and in that order based on the players a lot of us have talked about.  

4 hours ago, hazer said:

10th might be too high to take You-Serious-Clarke, which is probably why Schlank covets moving up into the late teens for a 3rd 1st. Definitely wouldn’t hate a Cam, Sekou/Nass, Clarke draft.

Yes siiir!

• Like 1

“MY”fiondu Kabengele at 21 to us in a trade with OKC. Cap 🧢 strapped Thunder give up that 21st and we take MY(fiondu)!

Tale of the tape:

Kabengele  6’10” 255 lbs.

B. Fernando 6’ 10” 240lbs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

“MY”fiondu Kabengele at 21 to us in a trade with OKC. Cap 🧢 strapped Thunder give up that 21st and we take MY(fiondu)!

Tale of the tape:

Kabengele  6’10” 255 lbs.

B. Fernando 6’ 10” 240lbs.

With news of us wanting a third first rounder it seems like the kind of phone call Travis is busy doing right now.

For the Bol-lovers, his issues are as follows:

- 7'2" which is the typical threshold where lower extremity injuries become common (already hurt).

- lack of girth - therefore he cannot play as a big

- lateral movement is poor (even before the injury) - which renders him a poor defender and hinders his offensive abilities

- there are some questions about his attitude

Is he actually a high-level prospect or is some 'more sizzle than steak' going on?

Another question.

What's the difference between Colin Sexton and Coby White?

When we talk about teams ahead of us who are in the point guard market, why wouldn't CLE be on that list?  I think White is already better than Sexton.  Why would they pass on him?

• Admin
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Another question.

When we talk about teams ahead of us who are in the point guard market, why wouldn't CLE be on that list?  I think White is already better than Sexton.  Why would they pass on him?

They are both similar players though ... score first point guards who have playmaking games that are works in progress ... 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Another question.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

They are both similar players though ... score first point guards who have playmaking games that are works in progress ... 

White is the better shooter. Sexton is more explosive and a better defender. Sexton, IMO, is likely going to turn out the better pro. White strikes me as a 6th man scorer off the bench.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:08 AM, Gray Mule said:

Huerter.  I notice that, every time I see a trade offer, the opponent wants us to give them Huerter.  No! 

With you Gray. Think Huerter is our guy at SG for a long time. Whether all his minutes are at SG or not isn't really a major difference for me but think he will get thirty or so minutes per game for years to come. Planning on those games being with us. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kg01 said:

For the Bol-lovers, his issues are as follows:

- 7'2" which is the typical threshold where lower extremity injuries become common (already hurt).

- lack of girth - therefore he cannot play as a big

- lateral movement is poor (even before the injury) - which renders him a poor defender and hinders his offensive abilities

- there are some questions about his attitude

Is he actually a high-level prospect or is some 'more sizzle than steak' going on?

😂 lack of girth huh? Something you may be familiar with? 😐 

I got an update today. Nothing really involving the Hawks much but still...

LAL and NYK have been calling teams about top 10 pick availability for their players. Lonzo Ball was finally on the block for a non-star/superstar as LAL called both CHI and PHX. I was told both are interested. I was also told that New Orleans who wants Ball doesn't want to deal with LaVar and they like Garland a lot as well. Knicks have called teams as well shopping either Knox or Robinson with no interest but from Washington who wanted both. Seems to me that Hunter who I was told was a player they would take #4 if they got the pick is really the target with these picks. 

Was told the package LAL is offering is #4, Ball and BI. Kuzma was NOT in the initial offer. 

Knicks offered Robinson, Knox and #3. Not their Dallas picks. 

Nets offered #27, Joe Harris, Dinwiddle, and a SnT of D'Lo as well as taking Solo Hill contract which the others showed zero interest in. 

Nets stated offer is their best offer and they also showed they were willing to trade #16 to move up for a top 10 pick but obviously would adjust the current offer completely without taking on Solo Hill as well. 

Boston offered a SnT Rozier, Brown, Smart, and a couple of their 1sts as well as opened to taking on salary, just not Solo Hill's. Was told this is not Boston best offer but Tatum will likely not be on the table till after Kyrie's FA decision.  Was told Boston is open to moving up as well for a top 10 pick if the coveted player NO wants is available. 

From what he said, he stated right now NO likes Brooklyn offer the most. With LA in #2 and Boston and NY needing to up their offer. It seems like this is the Nets to win and the Lakers to lose because I would imagine that Kuzma would bring AD to LA. 

As much as the media likes to push the Knicks, teams aren't really sold on any of their current pieces outside of the pick along.

I don't have much else other than Atlanta is getting a lot of calls. I would have to say, there is a 75% chance we make a deal to move up into the 1st. My main guy stated this morning, he doesn't see a deal at #10 unless a certain player falls to that slot. 

Oh, almost forgot, Bradley Beal is not available for trade. Washington wants to keep him and think he is worth the supermax. Also, there seems to be a push to lower the supermax cap hit among "governors" in the NBA as it just punishes small markets cap and there also is a push to bring back the amnesty clause in the future. This is just chatter. Another one is teams want medical records available to everyone for the draft. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got an update today. Nothing really involving the Hawks much but still...

LAL and NYK have been calling teams about top 10 pick availability for their players. Lonzo Ball was finally on the block for a non-star/superstar as LAL called both CHI and PHX. I was told both are interested. I was also told that New Orleans who wants Ball doesn't want to deal with LaVar and they like Garland a lot as well. Knicks have called teams as well shopping either Knox or Robinson with no interest but from Washington who wanted both. Seems to me that Hunter who I was told was a player they would take #4 if they got the pick is really the target with these picks. 

Was told the package LAL is offering is #4, Ball and BI. Kuzma was NOT in the initial offer. 

Knicks offered Robinson, Knox and #3. Not their Dallas picks. 

Nets offered #27, Joe Harris, Dinwiddle, and a SnT of D'Lo as well as taking Solo Hill contract which the others showed zero interest in. 

Nets stated offer is their best offer and they also showed they were willing to trade #16 to move up for a top 10 pick but obviously would adjust the current offer completely without taking on Solo Hill as well. 

Boston offered a SnT Rozier, Brown, Smart, and a couple of their 1sts as well as opened to taking on salary, just not Solo Hill's. Was told this is not Boston best offer but Tatum will likely not be on the table till after Kyrie's FA decision.  Was told Boston is open to moving up as well for a top 10 pick if the coveted player NO wants is available. 

From what he said, he stated right now NO likes Brooklyn offer the most. With LA in #2 and Boston and NY needing to up their offer. It seems like this is the Nets to win and the Lakers to lose because I would imagine that Kuzma would bring AD to LA. 

As much as the media likes to push the Knicks, teams aren't really sold on any of their current pieces outside of the pick along.

I don't have much else other than Atlanta is getting a lot of calls. I would have to say, there is a 75% chance we make a deal to move up into the 1st. My main guy stated this morning, he doesn't see a deal at #10 unless a certain player falls to that slot. 

Oh, almost forgot, Bradley Beal is not available for trade. Washington wants to keep him and think he is worth the supermax. Also, there seems to be a push to lower the supermax cap hit among "governors" in the NBA as it just punishes small markets cap and there also is a push to bring back the amnesty clause in the future. This is just chatter. Another one is teams want medical records available to everyone for the draft. 

Bro I told you Ball was available and you shot that down a month ago. 😆 Comon man Supes your starting to operate on that “Alice” level again bro. Just be you.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Bro I told you Ball was available and you shot that down a month ago. 😆 Comon man Supes your starting to operate on that “Alice” level again bro. Just be you.

He wasn't available unless it was for Beal or AD. Technically, he is still not available unless it's for one of them. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Game rec game in the bay man.GO SCRUBBIESSSSS!!!! 🤣 

My BIL told me yesterday that GSW would win because Cousins would dominate and that the Rapts players would falter.

I told him to stop looking at the names on the jerseys and look at how they were playing.  Out of 12 quarters so far, TOR has controlled 11 and have been dominate for about 9 of them.  Cousins had a good 6-8 minute stretch in game 2.  Other than that, he's been a significant minus player.

This series should be 3-0 right now.  Due to injuries?  Sure, but it is what it is.  TOR is playing well.  If they get out of their own way, they'll win this series.  I doubt Klay or Durant will come back close to 100%.  As long as TOR doesn't falter mentally (which is a huge ask), they are the favorite now.

Kawhi's programming (since he's a cyborg) won't allow him to get shook but I could see Siakim, Lowry, Gasol or Ibaka fall into bone-headed play.  I hope they hold it together.

And aye @NBASupes, the only part of your update that perplexes me are the multitude of prospective SnT's being offered.  Don't the players themselves have to be on board with that?  I can't see any of them truly wanting to land in NOP, certainly not before taking their visits and whatnot.