• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

One month? Season starts in October bud. I can dig up the old thread to show you the original terms if you so desire.

What’s that? Ya dig it up. I’d like to see this. Standard regulation bets on squawk have been one month in the past. That’s ☝🏽..uno... one ☝🏽

20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hey I'm old but I remember some stuff here and there. This just for you Spud and possibly a future avatar with your betting history.TMC.jpg

I’m a great bettor. This is like my first loss in a while. I did lose an avatar bet before like a couple years ago though. I like this one though..run TMC was badass broh!

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Too easy and not painful enough for Spud. Might I suggest anything GSW - anything.

:laugh1:

🤦🏿‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which is matching exactly what i am hearing. The Hawks are heavily on the phones and easily the most active team. 

Aggressive is seen in the industry as the willingness to make a deal and from what I hear, we aren't the most willing and that could be because of the price but this is matching exactly what i am hearing. 

• Premium Member

I'm confused...The Hawks aggressively acquire picks thru trade etc. and then go into panic mode to get rid of some of those picks in fear of having too many?  I hope they don't panic and just give away the #10 pick to senselessly move up because they feel that they can't have too many rookies on this team.  I'm starting to worry about the constant smoke regarding packaging the 8th and 10th pick to move up.  I hope to God that your intel is correct @NBASupes regarding our 1st round picks!

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm confused...The Hawks aggressively acquire picks thru trade etc. and then go into panic mode to get rid of some of those picks in fear of having too many?  I hope they don't panic and just give away the #10 pick to senselessly move up because they feel that they can't have too many rookies on this team.  I'm starting to worry about the constant spoke regarding packaging the 8th and 10th pick to move up.  I hope to God that your intel is correct @NBASupes regarding our 1st round picks!

Doesn't sound like that's the case. Other teams have confirmed that Atlanta wants two picks to move down from #10 and haven't shown the willingness to move further than the late teens but the cost is very high. 14 and top 10 protected 2020 pick with descending protection. Meaning no turns into two 2nd rounders type of nonsense. 

From others, not my Hawks insider, it seems like teams think Atlanta cost is too high for #10. Then again, to me its fine. It's gonna cost you a lot move up. 

But what I been hearing is the Hawks want to move into the late teens and early 20s. Seems like we are targeting some prospects in that range. There is some interest from some teams with salary issues but I can't say how likely it is a deal can be done at this stage.

The most aggressive team right now is the Brooklyn Nets. They want two max contracts. They strongly feel they can get a 2nd star. Allen Crabbe has been shopped to everyone with space but its going to take a lot for a team to want to take on his salary which from what I hear, the Nets haven't been willing to take on some dollars is the hold up nor have they been open to trading down from the teens.

2nd most aggressive is the Miami Heat and Houston Rockets in a tie. Both are badly trying to get rid of salary while gaining value in return. 

Utah really wants to add a star to Mitchell and Gobert. Don't be surprised to see them as major players in FA.

Orlando has secretly been calling teams about salary help who have the space. I already told you about Atlanta and them but it seems to be a reason why? They want D'Lo or Kemba and my people tell me it's possible. Orlando wants to add a star. Their willingness to even take on bad salary could open them to some big deals. Even some interest in Capela and CP3 which no one in the media is talking about. They have made it clear, AG is their franchise player and want to keep their pick. They too have called about #10 pick. 

Houston seems to be extremely aggressively and unlike Miami, no one seems to have a clue why and neither do I

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Doesn't sound like that's the case. Other teams have confirmed that Atlanta wants two picks to move down from #10 and haven't shown the willingness to move further than the late teens but the cost is very high. 14 and top 10 protected 2020 pick with descending protection. Meaning no turns into two 2nd rounders type of nonsense. 

From others, not my Hawks insider, it seems like teams think Atlanta cost is too high for #10. Then again, to me its fine. It's gonna cost you a lot move up. 

But what I been hearing is the Hawks want to move into the late teens and early 20s. Seems like we are targeting some prospects in that range. There is some interest from some teams with salary issues but I can't say how likely it is a deal can be done at this stage.

The most aggressive team right now is the Brooklyn Nets. They want two max contracts. They strongly feel they can get a 2nd star. Allen Crabbe has been shopped to everyone with space but its going to take a lot for a team to want to take on his salary which from what I hear, the Nets haven't been willing to take on some dollars is the hold up nor have they been open to trading down from the teens.

2nd most aggressive is the Miami Heat and Houston Rockets in a tie. Both are badly trying to get rid of salary while gaining value in return. 

Utah really wants to add a star to Mitchell and Gobert. Don't be surprised to see them as major players in FA.

Orlando has secretly been calling teams about salary help who have the space. I already told you about Atlanta and them but it seems to be a reason why? They want D'Lo or Kemba and my people tell me it's possible. Orlando wants to add a star. Their willingness to even take on bad salary could open them to some big deals. Even some interest in Capela and CP3 which no one in the media is talking about. They have made it clear, AG is their franchise player and want to keep their pick. They too have called about #10 pick. 

Houston seems to be extremely aggressively and unlike Miami, no one seems to have a clue why and neither do I

So you're saying that the Hawks are interested in picking up additional picks by taking on salary or moving down?  The national media and Brad Rowland are reporting the opposite!  I'm confused😩

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you're saying that the Hawks are interested in picking up additional picks by taking on salary or moving down?  The national media and Brad Rowland are reporting the opposite!  I'm confused😩

They aren't trying to add picks, they are trying to move up into the 1st round. Late teens, early 20s range.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

One ☝🏽 month! 😢 Today is June 4...

4th of July can’t come fast enough..  Kobayashi Chestnut hot dogs 🌭 and Doncic comes down! 

A deal 🤝 is a deal 🤝.

Ps shut up 🤐 @JayBirdHawk and @kg01

🤦‍♀️ 

LOL . . I had to go back a few pages to see what the Doncic avi was about.  

This reminds me of when Dan Aykroyd and Daniel Stern had to root for Damon Wayans in Celtic Pride, when he made them wear Jazz jerseys to the game to keep his silence for kidnapping him.

Image result for celtic pride

• Haha 2

Ok it’s no wonder why I want Clarke. His fav food (burritos), shoe (Jordan 4’s), fav pastime (video games) and who he wants in finals (raptors>warriors) are the same...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1136058802829025280?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok it’s no wonder why I want Clarke. His fav food (burritos), shoe (Jordan 4’s), fav pastime (video games) and who he wants in finals (raptors>warriors) are the same...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ATLHawks/status/1136058802829025280?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Usually I am not a fan of old rooks, but he just seems like a cant miss small ball big. Very Athletic, extremely efficient, gives you rebounds, blocks , steals, put backs, dunks, can even shoot a little bit. High character guy. I'll take that at 10 all day.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Usually I am not a fan of old rooks, but he just seems like a cant miss small ball big. Very Athletic, extremely efficient, gives you rebounds, blocks , steals, put backs, dunks, can even shoot a little bit. High character guy. I'll take that at 10 all day.

10th might be too high to take You-Serious-Clarke, which is probably why Schlank covets moving up into the late teens for a 3rd 1st. Definitely wouldn’t hate a Cam, Sekou/Nass, Clarke draft.