• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Admin
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I know that Jaxson Hayes is raw but why is there no buzz about this guy on Hawksquawk? 

... because he is a dime a dozen big center who can block shots ... the same as a TON of guys who had the exact same game who went in the lottery who were busts or role players.  He is not a guy I want to waste a lottery pick.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I would be in love with Cam 8 and Clarke 10. Perfect draft to me. 

A draft (+ not given due to missing on Zion).

My fav outcome here. Although ..

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I would be content with Cam (really want Culver) and Sekou

Down with this too. Culver and Sekou is also an A/A- to me.

5 hours ago, hazer said:

Brunoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (Soccer Announcer voice)

Also similar to being announced into a ring...boxing...mma. Pretty good sounding name for mma drama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I also posted this on realgm before I got banned again

I reached out this morning to several insiders and contacts about feedback on my big board and just general rumors.

Most thought it was solid, some great, some had disagreements on the backend of the board. 

That said, most liked it. 

No truth to the BG to Atlanta rumor. All laughed and said, stay off twitter. 

Also, Michael Cunningham is right and wrong. Atlanta doesn't see Culver/Hunter/Barrett as elite prospect nor do they see Little/Reddish/others as non elite or elite. They haven't even workout some of them and they are still in evaluation mode. 

He is right about the Knicks just haven't showed interest yet in 3 for 8 and 10. Seems like they Barrett or AD from the insiders. 

Reddish agent has been in communication with the Hawks about Reddish and not just about Trae who he is also the agent for. 

The Pels are still trying to convince AD to stay. 

No one knows what the Lakers want to do outside of trade for AD.

New! 

There been a lot interest at #10. Seems to be a run at PF at 9-13 and teams want to move up to get their guy. Brooklyn been in talks with us but the price has been said to be too high. Hawks want a mid lottery mid 1st and a top 10 protected 2020 1st with regressing protection. The cost to move up as Steve Kyler said is significant right now and it seems like it will continue to be. 

Hawks are aggressively trying to get back into the 1st. Cost seems reasonable but interest just isn't there at this time but you never know. Lottery comes and teams guy is off the board and that team wants more picks. 

Outside of SFs and PGs. Values seem to be all over for most teams. 

The assumption is we will draft Cam Reddish but things can change.

There is truth to ESPN take about PHX trying to move back and there is more truth that it is Brooklyn who is most interested. 

Houston has been on the phones with everybody, anything is possible even them doing nothing at all. 

Hawks shown some willingness to take on salary for 2020 given they get a 2020 1st round pick in talks. No telling what will happen. 

Teams are starting to like the 2020 class but there is no clear #1 for now.

Hawks haven't tipped off anything and if you here it's them its a rumor or it came from the other team. I been told NY wants more for Barrett than we got for Doncic.

Not a lot of teams trying to move back. This draft isn't as weak as the media is portraying 

Just to add, teams thats been in talks with us more seriously are the Nets, Magic, Celtics, Cavs, Knicks, Heat, Lakers and Rockets. He said none have made any traction either way. This was from my main guy during lunch. I asked do you feel around the league the Hawks will make a trade. He said maybe a minor one but teams are saying we are asking for too much. The norm right 

Even though no one is talking about it. I been hearing CP3 to Cleveland rumors. No one is talking about it but it's been picking up stream. Cleveland was even looking at Gordon H as well. They want a vet that can help them win games. They want to make the playoffs. I don't know why though. 

The last one is rumors Minnesota is shopping everyone outside of Towns, their 1st and Okogie. I guess this isn't a big one which is why I forgot about it but their players are open at a reasonable trade price. So far, not a ton of interest. 

Add Covington to that list. He is not available as well.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I know that Jaxson Hayes is raw but why is there no buzz about this guy on Hawksquawk? 

I smell ya, Peo. I think most people feel his skill set is easily replicated by any other rim running big like Robin Lopez, which doesn't inspire a whole lot.

I, however, wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him strictly for his rim protection. This team can score points, so I'm not worried about his lack of perimeter game. But bring on that big D! (hehehe)

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes

I appreciate your 'insider' info.  -  always enjoy reading the info. knowing that it's a fluid situation and what you hear one day can flip on a dime.

I try to report if it comes from my main guy or its confirmed but multiple guys. I reach out as a friend then I seek info

• Like 2

If anyone has an extra draft party ticket let me know. I was planning on going and covering it for my site but apparently the tickets sold out. And I was pissed because the hawks made that tweet saturday and haven't talked about it since 

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I try to report if it comes from my main guy or its confirmed but multiple guys. I reach out as a friend then I seek info

This why Ive always valued the squawk over other hawk sites. Of course every rumor posted isn't going to always happen but I swear to folks Ive seen things posted here on the squawk that has ended up happening before national media even decided to report it.

you a real one @nbasupes....hope the squawk never goes down again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

this kid is so  young and raw there's really no telling how good he could be as with any player, but Many are down on his offense and i kinda understand being that he didn't really showcase it much in College....but if it makes anyone feel a bit better, the guy did shoot 74% (74 out of 100 total for the season) from the free throw line which i consider pretty damn good for legit big men.

I think there's a possibility he could be a decent spot up shooter (could be).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Whatchu get bann'd for this time?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How'd I miss this?

Why'd you get banned? Again?

Arguing with bigots then arguing with a mod after he gave me a warning and not the bigots.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JTB said:

This why Ive always valued the squawk over other hawk sites. Of course every rumor posted isn't going to always happen but I swear to folks Ive seen things posted here on the squawk that has ended up happening before national media even decided to report it.

you a real one @nbasupes....hope the squawk never goes down again.

Thanks JTB! I try to give the insight that before Chris just wasn't there for our base. Insiders means you have to like getting to know people and keep the really good stuff under wraps and the good stuff to a smaller audience at best.