• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Clarke is the guy for us. Book it. #sjsualumnhere

I think its Soaring down South who has us moving 10 to Boston and letting them take Clarke. Schlenk has shown with the selections of Collins and Huerter he is willing to take players with more college experience. So neither Clarke or Hachimura would surprise me.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I think its Soaring down South who has us moving 10 to Boston and letting them take Clarke. Schlenk has shown with the selections of Collins and Huerter he is willing to take players with more college experience. So neither Clarke or Hachimura would surprise me.

Ya for sure I agree with that track record. I’ll throw in PJ Washington as well. I wouldn’t mind having a young player who is often compared to Millsap with his ability to take a defend with his back to the basket in the post. Many players can and do but few are are complete ease when they make their moves, PJ is one of them. Only concern seems to be a lower ceiling like Hunter but I wouldn’t be mad if we traded down and took a shot at pj as well.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

With all these RJ rumors floating, I’m not hating:

Trae

Huerter

RJ

Collins

core to start! #gohawks

That’s a scary offense in a couple years ... now we need some defenders too ... i would want frank in the trade as he is an excellent defender (the Hawks would have to work on his shot) and then we need a battle tested rim protector 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

That’s a scary offense in a couple years ... now we need some defenders too ... i would want frank in the trade as he is an excellent defender (the Hawks would have to work on his shot) and then we need a battle tested rim protector 

For sure. We would been the highest IQ team from an offensive standpoint one would imagine. Defensively we would need some help for sure. Agreed.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh wow! Haaazeee ur boy Bruno!!! 😝 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Soaring Down South latest Mock:

#8 - Jarrett Culver: An absolutely brilliant defender, Culver was often the number one option on a Red Raiders team that made it all the way to the NCAA Championship game. On the back of terrific team defense and just enough scoring, the Red Raiders as a three seed upset numerous juggernauts, such as the #1 seed Gonzaga as well as historic powerhouse Michigan State.

#10 - traded with Boston ( selects Brandon Clarke) for #14 and #22: Hawks select - 

#14 Matisse Thybulle: The Atlanta Hawks desperately need an infusion of defensive talent in the backcourt, which is why the team might “reach” here for senior guard Matisse Thybulle out of Washington.

#22 Grant WilliamsA supremely efficient scorer, especially from two-point range, Williams is also a terrifically strong defender that does not allow much in and around the paint – even against much larger players. ( A tweener next to JCollins?)

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2019/06/01/2019-nba-draft-full-mock-atlanta-hawks-trade-lakers/amp/9/

I will add, I hate the idea of trading with Boston. Just feels dirty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soaring Down South latest Mock:

#8 - Jarrett Culver: An absolutely brilliant defender, Culver was often the number one option on a Red Raiders team that made it all the way to the NCAA Championship game. On the back of terrific team defense and just enough scoring, the Red Raiders as a three seed upset numerous juggernauts, such as the #1 seed Gonzaga as well as historic powerhouse Michigan State.

#10 - traded with Boston ( selects Brandon Clarke) for #14 and #22: Hawks select - 

#14 Matisse Thybulle: The Atlanta Hawks desperately need an infusion of defensive talent in the backcourt, which is why the team might “reach” here for senior guard Matisse Thybulle out of Washington.

#22 Grant WilliamsA supremely efficient scorer, especially from two-point range, Williams is also a terrifically strong defender that does not allow much in and around the paint – even against much larger players. ( A tweener next to JCollins?)

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2019/06/01/2019-nba-draft-full-mock-atlanta-hawks-trade-lakers/amp/9/

I will add, I hate the idea of trading with Boston. Just feels dirty.

I’ve always hated Boston. I ignore them in the playoffs, lottery, via trade. In all honesty they have fleeced us too many times and at this point I don’t wanna even try and even the score cuz knowing our luck they draft the next Giannis at 10. If anything I wanna move up this thing! RJ and Trae could lead us to highest IQ and passing from any two starters in 2-4 years. We would be dangerous that’s for damn sure, and fun as hell to watch. 

Still also in the camp of Cam/Culver/Clarke/Kabengele 

19 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Culver is. It going to last til 8

my big worry right now is one of the point guard needing teams trades out meaning that all three (Hunter/Culver/Cam) go before our pick.

Ya that was my initial fear until they said Garland and White both received roses 🌹 

In reference to Boston, hoping they trade all their firsts and some players for AD and then he reneges on his promise to them and goes out West. How many birds with one stone does that cover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin
14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya that was my initial fear until they said Garland and White both received roses 🌹 

However, if the Bulls or Suns trade out of the top 10 we are going to be screwed.  That really could mean we will lose a chance at one of the three (Hunter/Culver/Cam) as they will go to a team trading in.

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

For sure. We would been the highest IQ team from an offensive standpoint one would imagine. Defensively we would need some help for sure. Agreed.

Oh wow! Haaazeee ur boy Bruno!!! 😝 

Brunoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (Soccer Announcer voice)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, hazer said:

Brunoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! (Soccer Announcer voice)

😝 he’s got a sick flat top reminiscent of my all time fav player. That’s pretty cool 😎! 😊 

• Like 2

I also posted this on realgm before I got banned again

I reached out this morning to several insiders and contacts about feedback on my big board and just general rumors.

Most thought it was solid, some great, some had disagreements on the backend of the board. 

That said, most liked it. 

No truth to the BG to Atlanta rumor. All laughed and said, stay off twitter. 

Also, Michael Cunningham is right and wrong. Atlanta doesn't see Culver/Hunter/Barrett as elite prospect nor do they see Little/Reddish/others as non elite or elite. They haven't even workout some of them and they are still in evaluation mode. 

He is right about the Knicks just haven't showed interest yet in 3 for 8 and 10. Seems like they Barrett or AD from the insiders. 

Reddish agent has been in communication with the Hawks about Reddish and not just about Trae who he is also the agent for. 

The Pels are still trying to convince AD to stay. 

No one knows what the Lakers want to do outside of trade for AD.

New! 

There been a lot interest at #10. Seems to be a run at PF at 9-13 and teams want to move up to get their guy. Brooklyn been in talks with us but the price has been said to be too high. Hawks want a mid lottery mid 1st and a top 10 protected 2020 1st with regressing protection. The cost to move up as Steve Kyler said is significant right now and it seems like it will continue to be. 

Hawks are aggressively trying to get back into the 1st. Cost seems reasonable but interest just isn't there at this time but you never know. Lottery comes and teams guy is off the board and that team wants more picks. 

Outside of SFs and PGs. Values seem to be all over for most teams. 

The assumption is we will draft Cam Reddish but things can change.

There is truth to ESPN take about PHX trying to move back and there is more truth that it is Brooklyn who is most interested. 

Houston has been on the phones with everybody, anything is possible even them doing nothing at all. 

Hawks shown some willingness to take on salary for 2020 given they get a 2020 1st round pick in talks. No telling what will happen. 

Teams are starting to like the 2020 class but there is no clear #1 for now.

Hawks haven't tipped off anything and if you here it's them its a rumor or it came from the other team. I been told NY wants more for Barrett than we got for Doncic.

Not a lot of teams trying to move back. This draft isn't as weak as the media is portraying 

• Like 1