• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

To me he is a low BBIQ, low feel prospect who has elite personal IQ and motor, excellent talent, size, hand size and with a nice touch. We kinda have a low feel and BBIQ guy in Bazemore but Baze don't have 1/10 of his abilities. We will see but a lot of teams rate him and high. 

Guys who can score 20, project to be decent shooters and defend multiple positions are highly coveted and hard to find. His IQ is really what teams love as well as his personality. Before he blew up in the summer, Harvard, GT were teams he was looking at and had a 4.25 in HS and a 4.0 in Chapel Hill. 

I was low on him during the season but he was one of those, watch the tape and see again and I seen a lot that would work in the NBA but not so much in the NCAAs which isn't kind to low BBIQ and feel types. 

He is not going to score 20 ... he can't shoot but that summed it up pretty good ... low BBIQ with a lot of athleticism .  He is a good defender which i like.   I agree he is a good kid but that doesn't translate into meeting expectations.  He is years away (I mean time for new contract years away) before he becomes any kind of real contributor.  

42 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He is not going to score 20 ... he can't shoot but that summed it up pretty good ... low BBIQ with a lot of athleticism .  He is a good defender which i like.   I agree he is a good kid but that doesn't translate into meeting expectations.  He is years away (I mean time for new contract years away) before he becomes any kind of real contributor.  

It's possible. He was averaging 19.4 and 9.1 in per36 in college. His athletic profile, talent level and size with hands says he should easily translate. I think 20ppg is very possible if not a bit light when he is in his prime. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It would be better if this was just it him and Kev but two other top picks and him is overkill to the 10th degree.

Mmhmm

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:hehe: @Spud2nique is a big boy (and I mean that literally) he can handle it.:boast:

Granpa Gray will ununderstand.....a Squawker always pays their debts (you like that GoT reference).

Yeah.  You and him are the Hawksquawk Cersei and Jaimie. (hehe, savagery continues)

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Watching him play at UNC ... he just looked clueless out there and just relying on athleticism   ... his jump shot was not there and he can’t out jump guys in college like he did in HS ... 

He was a victim of a coaching mismatch imho.  Roy don't develop dudes but he's a dude that needed development.  Poor school choice.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:hehe: @Spud2nique is a big boy (and I mean that literally) he can handle it.:boast:

Granpa Gray will ununderstand.....a Squawker always pays their debts (you like that GoT reference).

Have you people ever heard of STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS! @AHF help me out here for all these non lawyers! Holla at em!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

F&$!ckin son of a ****! 😡 

He found you all by his lonesome.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Have you people ever heard of STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS! @AHF help me out here for all these non lawyers! Holla at em!

There's no crying on the Squawk!

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk 😡 

@kg01 😡 

@Gray Mule 😊 

You kids need a lesson in loyalty! 

:good::laugh1:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

What do you guys think if we got #21 and Steven Adams for both picks in the #40s

As a straight up salary dump, I'd give them pick #45 and a future 2nd protected 31-55. That's a ton of money to take on.  $25.8 and $27.5 million for 2 years.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

As a straight up salary dump, I'd give them pick #45 and a future 2nd protected 31-55. That's a ton of money to take on.  $25.8 and $27.5 million for 2 years.

For pick 21 and since Schlenk is willing to take on 2020 salary, sure.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@JayBirdHawk 😡 

@kg01 😡 

@Gray Mule 😊 

You kids need a lesson in loyalty! 

Uh, we didn't lead him here.  You did.

Burd did hype the situation up tho.  That's Cersei for ya.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What do you guys think if we got #21 and Steven Adams for both picks in the #40s

I like StAdams as a culture guy but his money and his offensive game don't really fit.  Wouldn't this qualify as step-skippin'?

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

#21 - Yes, please.

Adams - Meh

Doesn't space the floor, don't think of him as an elite defender though he does rebound well. 

OK....just looked up his numbers and apparently he IS a quality defender.  I guess I need to watch him a little more.

Just now, kg01 said:

I like StAdams as a culture guy but his money and his offensive game don't really fit.  Wouldn't this qualify as step-skippin'?

Idk if it does or doesn't but he has two years on his contract for a ridiculous amount.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

1. 2 years isn't so bad since that's when JColl reaches RFA. It the 3+1 deals that'll be handed out this summer will be killer and step-skipping.

2. After next season he's an expiring contract

3. We get a quality asset #21

4. We aren't giving up assets (like #10/Prince)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He found you all by his lonesome.

There's no crying on the Squawk!

:good::laugh1:

I usually pay up in all deals. I always pay up. If I give up my avatar I give up my soul...no? Weigh in on this..what’s the right thing here?

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I usually pay up in all deals. I always pay up. If I give up my avatar I give up my soul...no? Weigh in on this..what’s the right thing here?

You gotta give up the avi, bro.  What was it for, a month?

• Like 1