• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

23 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am a UNC fan and watch a lot of their games and I DON'T like Little for us.  He doesn't know how to play basketball yet ... he is very very RAW ... he is an athlete but his skills are not all there yet.  He is years away from being able to contribute.  If PHX and/or Bulls trade their pick its not necessarily true that White and/or Garland were picked because the teams that need point guards are no longer there.  

They strongly feels he has the talent and potential. That said, its likely Hunter and Cam is there at #8

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

After you've used 8, 10 and Huerter  (Supes says NYK asked for Huerter, we declined) for RJ, what are you trading to get Capela?

Thought it was 8,10, and prince not Huerter if that’s the case then nvm I wouldn’t trade Huerter .

as far as getting capela I’m not thinking we give away much other than an upcoming expiring contract in baze and perhaps a future protected pick to Houston . Why do Houston do that? Cause morey gets immediate cap space from baze contract next summer and perhaps more next summer if he gets rid of the other contracts as I believe morey is strictly looking for cap space to go all in on free agency to build around harden yet again for one last go.

i don’t see morey trading any of his players away for value in return other then expiring contracts....that is my belief 

46 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am a UNC fan and watch a lot of their games and I DON'T like Little for us.  He doesn't know how to play basketball yet ... he is very very RAW ... he is an athlete but his skills are not all there yet.  He is years away from being able to contribute.  If PHX and/or Bulls trade their pick its not necessarily true that White and/or Garland were picked because the teams that need point guards are no longer there.  

I don’t think Schlenk likes Little. I don’t think Little even gets drafted in the top 12. Bench player in college that blamed the system for not bringing out his best. Lotta swag without substance.

Nah, Supes, Hawks aren’t considering Little. I can almost guarantee this to be true. We can and will do much better than Little.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Huerter.  I notice that, every time I see a trade offer, the opponent wants us to give them Huerter.  No!  He and Collins were both "later" draft picks for Atlanta.  If they had "a do over" of these drafts, you can bet that neither one would last as long as they did.  Personally, I believe both are lottery picks!  These type players you don't trade just to make a deal.

:cool:

Gramps, Huerter has a bit of Jerry West in his game. Really smart and athletic kid that will most likely be a starter for us for a long time to come. I wouldn’t include him in any trades.

• Like 3

I’m seeing the Knicks / hawks rumor flare up again this morning . Is there some new life you guys heard about?

i hope schlenk doesn’t like Barrett so much he’d trade away Huerter ! That would be bad move in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think Schlenk likes Little. I don’t think Little even gets drafted in the top 12. Bench player in college that blamed the system for not bringing out his best. Lotta swag without substance.

Nah, Supes, Hawks aren’t considering Little. I can almost guarantee this to be true. We can and will do much better than Little.

Travis likes him a lot

His personality fits

He has the tools and talent we are looking for 

And i would say his floor is 12th. 

Teams like Nassir Little a lot.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis likes him a lot

His personality fits

He has the tools and talent we are looking for 

And i would say his floor is 12th. 

Teams like Nassir Little a lot.

He got overrated from those NIKE playground games where he scored a lot.  He can jump and dunk but he can’t dribble, or shoot.  I would consider it a fail if we wasted 8 on him.  He is still learning to play and it will be years before he reaches potential if he does at all.

• Like 1

Just from what I have, Little's range is from 7-12. 

Hunter is from 4-12

Reddish is from 4-10

Clarke 6-14

Rui 6-12

Sekou 6-14

Goga and Hayes from 9-20

Bruno range is one of the widest. From 9-35

Bol is the widest from 5-35. 

Culver 4-7

Kabs from 9 to 22.

P.J. Washington is the widest for a PF from 9 to 22. 

Other wide ones are Kyle Guy, Bazley, Mann, Jontay Porter and Okeke. Centers are wide by value to teams. SGs, PF and SFs are usually flat. PGs just depends.

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He got overrated from those NIKE playground games where he scored a lot.  He can jump and dunk but he can’t dribble, or shoot.  I would consider it a fail if we wasted 8 on him.  He is still learning to play and it will be years before he reaches potential if he does at all.

There are a lot of people who like his long term potential. The word on him is better Gerald Wallace but maybe some Klaw potential in the right system. From 7-12, he is rated high. Hawks like him a ton. I am still not convinced the Hawks will draft Hunter over him. I honestly think they would take Little. 

To me he is a low BBIQ, low feel prospect who has elite personal IQ and motor, excellent talent, size, hand size and with a nice touch. We kinda have a low feel and BBIQ guy in Bazemore but Baze don't have 1/10 of his abilities. We will see but a lot of teams rate him and high. 

Guys who can score 20, project to be decent shooters and defend multiple positions are highly coveted and hard to find. His IQ is really what teams love as well as his personality. Before he blew up in the summer, Harvard, GT were teams he was looking at and had a 4.25 in HS and a 4.0 in Chapel Hill. 

I was low on him during the season but he was one of those, watch the tape and see again and I seen a lot that would work in the NBA but not so much in the NCAAs which isn't kind to low BBIQ and feel types. 

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Arguing with bigots then arguing with a mod after he gave me a warning and not the bigots.

No worries about all the Bronx and Luka Stan's there.. The Squawk is back so no need to even visit realGM anymore

• Like 1

Who’s going to have the better nba career..   Huerter or RJ Barrett?

what do you guys think? I’m looking back over this trade rumor and I’m thinking while I do love Huerters game and though I’m not very high on RJ, is RJ Barrett someone who could be a possible sure star next to Trae more so than Huerter?

im not saying yes get rid of Huerter I’m just saying if Huerter is the real reason it’s a no deal maybe it should be revisited if Barrett’s ceiling and potential is way higher than Huerters which I’d bet most would probably say RJs is higher though he hasn’t played a second in the nba yet.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

How long has the Squawk been back? I didn't even know. Using realgm as an ersatz message board was not ideal, glad this is back up.

@Spud2nique made me primisepromise not to tell you since he didn't want you collecting on your bet :hehe:

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Who’s going to have the better nba career..   Huerter or RJ Barrett?

what do you guys think? I’m looking back over this trade rumor and I’m thinking while I do love Huerters game and though I’m not very high on RJ, is RJ Barrett someone who could be a possible sure star next to Trae more so than Huerter?

im not saying yes get rid of Huerter I’m just saying if Huerter is the real reason it’s a no deal maybe it should be revisited if Barrett’s ceiling and potential is way higher than Huerters which I’d bet most would probably say RJs is higher though he hasn’t played a second in the nba yet.

I hear you.  I'm thinking what's more likely to happen - Huert being a useful all-star caliber guy or Barrett being the next Wiggins?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Just from what I have, Little's range is from 7-12. 

Hunter is from 4-12

Reddish is from 4-10

Clarke 6-14

Rui 6-12

Sekou 6-14

Goga and Hayes from 9-20

Bruno range is one of the widest. From 9-35

Bol is the widest from 5-35. 

Culver 4-7

Kabs from 9 to 22.

P.J. Washington is the widest for a PF from 9 to 22. 

Other wide ones are Kyle Guy, Bazley, Mann, Jontay Porter and Okeke. Centers are wide by value to teams. SGs, PF and SFs are usually flat. PGs just depends.

You heard anything about the Hawks having any interest in Claxton?  Don't think the draft works for them as I think he'll be gone late first but wonder if they'd have any interest if they traded up from 35?

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hear you.  I'm thinking what's more likely to happen - Huert being a useful all-star caliber guy or Barrett being the next Wiggins?

It would be better if this was just it him and Kev but two other top picks and him is overkill to the 10th degree.

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Oh two more things, little but its something. 

Bruno F is getting a lot of interest from Washington at #9. 

Dwight Howard might get cut this off-season.

Uh...I was thinking we could trade down two or three spots from our #10 and get Bruno. He is really all over the place in predictions now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh wow.  Savagery at it's finest.  Just when I thought you and spud2 were mending the fences.  Graym is not going to be happy with you turning on your squawk sibling.

Your move, @Spud2nique

:hehe: @Spud2nique is a big boy (and I mean that literally) he can handle it.:boast:

Granpa Gray will ununderstand.....a Squawker always pays their debts (you like that GoT reference).

• Like 1