• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Free Agency

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta Hawks reportedly interested in re-signing Dewayne Dedmon to short-term contract

Shams Charania of The Athletic shared some interesting reporting on Tuesday afternoon, and it centers on the potential of Dewayne Dedmon returning to Atlanta. Charania brings word that the Hawks have “interest in potentially re-signing” the free agent big man and he notes that the structure could be a “balloon one-year deal” or a “shorter-term contract” modeled after the previous two-year pact with Dedmon that expires at the end of June. 

Elsewhere, Charania also reports that Atlanta “could be a destination for contract dumps” over the summer, foreshadowing what both Travis Schlenk and Lloyd Pierce have said concerning the team’s aversion to “skipping steps.” In short, that would lead to the Hawks taking on poor salary in exchange for future-facing assets, indicating that the team will continue its slow-burn approach to rebuilding. If that was the plan, the need for “max cap space” would be diminished, further illustrating the potential path for Dedmon’s return.

Would love to have Dedmon back on the team!!!  Dedmon gets better each year!  This is great news to me even though Brad Rowland's writing style is so insufferable!

• Like 1

Klay would be 34 or pushing it at the tail of that max sized contract or whatever the huge number others can offer. Rather the draft get us a SF early and keep Huerter at SG. Not really sure what the results of Huerter getting all or most of his minutes at SF would be but am confident of his career at SG. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Klay would be 34 or pushing it at the tail of that max sized contract or whatever the huge number others can offer. Rather the draft get us a SF early and keep Huerter at SG. Not really sure what the results of Huerter getting all or most of his minutes at SF would be but am confident of his career at SG. 

He's 29, but he's too old for you? He's one of the best shooters in NBA history and he's in his prime. He's also an unselfish, low maintenance guy. We have ridiculous cap space, it has to go to someone. He would be a great addition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's 29, but he's too old for you? He's one of the best shooters in NBA history and he's in his prime. He's also an unselfish, low maintenance guy. We have ridiculous cap space, it has to go to someone. He would be a great addition.

Too many miles on him. Expensive contract that doesn’t fit our timeline. We already have a Klay in Hurt. Klay can keep his bitchass in Golden State.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Too many miles on him. Expensive contract that doesn’t fit our timeline. We already have a Klay in Hurt. Klay can keep his bitchass in Golden State.

What are you talking about? He's 29. He hardly ever gets hurt, and he's in tremendous shape. Kevin H. has a long, long way to go to prove he can be Klay. We have tons of cap space, unless you would prefer it back in Ressler's pocket. He's not a bitch, he is one of the most low maintenance guys in the NBA. Trae and John Collins are years away from getting paid. There is no downside to signing him whatsoever. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What are you talking about? He's 29. He hardly ever gets hurt, and he's in tremendous shape. Kevin H. has a long, long way to go to prove he can be Klay. We have tons of cap space, unless you would prefer it back in Ressler's pocket. He's not a bitch, he is one of the most low maintenance guys in the NBA. Trae and John Collins are years away from getting paid. There is no downside to signing him whatsoever. 

Do you even understand “mileage”? The dude has been durable, THIS IS THE TIME HE STARTS FALLING APART AND WE AREN’T GONNA BE THE ONES TO PAY!

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not as strongly against overKlayted as spud but he does have a point w.r.t. mileage.  They've played a lot of playoff games in this run so although he's only 29 and has been an iron-man, his knees are probably ripe for the pickin' at this point.

It cannot be overstated that his role on GSW masks the deficiencies in his game.  As you project him onto another team remember that he can't dribble/create and he'd command a max salary.  That's the combination that locks your cap up but doesn't push to into contender status.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Do you even understand “mileage”? The dude has been durable, THIS IS THE TIME HE STARTS FALLING APART AND WE AREN’T GONNA BE THE ONES TO PAY!

So a guy who basically never gets hurt, never misses games, is known as having some of the best stamina in all the NBA, is all of a sudden going to start falling apart at age 29? Do you want to make another bet Nostradamus?

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

So a guy who basically never gets hurt, never misses games, is known as having some of the best stamina in all the NBA, is all of a sudden going to start falling apart at age 29? Do you want to make another bet Nostradamus?

To whether or not he’ll be a Hawk? Sure? Can I take your lunch money 💰this time? Avatar changes are for millennial douches..

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not as strongly against overKlayted as spud but he does have a point w.r.t. mileage.  They've played a lot of playoff games in this run so although he's only 29 and has been an iron-man, his knees are probably ripe for the pickin' at this point.

It cannot be overstated that his role on GSW masks the deficiencies in his game.  As you project him onto another team remember that he can't dribble/create and he'd command a max salary.  That's the combination that locks your cap up but doesn't push to into contender status.

He has at least 4 years of prime left. He's only 29 and he never gets hurt. His conditioning is absolute top notch. Those are facts. Anything else is conjecture. His defense is superb. He wont need to create, Trae will create and get him the ball. Watching Klay drop 30 in a quarter with Trae getting 10 dimes would be sick. You guys are being ridiculous and obtuse. I guarantee you Schlenk agrees with me.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

To whether or not he’ll be a Hawk? Sure? Can I take your lunch money 💰this time? Avatar changes are for millennial douches..

No, as to whether he will start missing games due to injury knumbskull. Your specious claim completely unsupported by all of the evidence hertofore.

30 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He has at least 4 years of prime left. He's only 29 and he never gets hurt. His conditioning is absolute top notch. Those are facts. Anything else is conjecture. His defense is superb. He wont need to create, Trae will create and get him the ball. Watching Klay drop 30 in a quarter with Trae getting 10 dimes would be sick. You guys are being ridiculous and obtuse. I guarantee you Schlenk agrees with me.

He can drop 30 in a quarter for the Warriors because of who he plays with, not because of how great he is.

If Bazemore played for the Warriors right now, he'd probably drop 20pt quarters too.

If we pay a guy what it'd take to pry him from GSW, that guy has to be an alpha, not a guy that needs to be fed.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Uh...what I said was is he will be 34 or close to it at the tail of his contract. My point being that we have our investment in SG right now though he is young. His D needs to improve but his handles are already much better than Klay's and yes Huerter can nail threes. We would be spending around a third of our cap on Klay to get him here. Don't see how he takes less. Also, never said whether Travis is interested or not, just know that I am not interested. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

1. The capspace isn't going back to Ressler sin there is a salary floor and most years the Hawks are right at the cap

2. You do realize that John is eligible for an extension next offseason, right. Not years away.

So as a rookie for us Huerter shot 38.5 percent from three and am believing it will go up from there moving forward. Once again this as a rookie. I'm sticking with him at SG and drafting a SF with my first pick. No monster contracts just yet please. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4066372/kevin-huerter

• Like 2

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not opposed to Klay for the record. However,

We know Trae can create and get him the ball, but the Hawks also need another competent ball handler to relieve pressure.  We saw what happens when Trae gets double and triple teamed.

GSW has Durant and Green as other ball handlers capable of running the offense. The Hawks do not.

• Like 1