2019 Free Agency

JayBirdHawk

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

I was gonna say I like it. Strength to yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ or Tai chi. Keep you sh!t balanced bro. I dig. Plus this is the only way I can be one of 3 guys in a room filled with 30 gorgeous women. Ok 6 gorgeous women. Ok 3, space yourselves out evenly in the room people! 😊 Namaste kg!

Easy Spud.  I remember the words of a hit song, "Everything is beautiful in it's own way!"  Let's go back to those 30 gorgeous chicks.  They are, you know.  30 chicks and all WOW!

:luv:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Easy Spud.  I remember the words of a hit song, "Everything is beautiful in it's own way!"  Let's go back to those 30 gorgeous chicks.  They are, you know.  30 chicks and all WOW!

:luv:

Indeed Gramps! You are wise! #stayhumblestayhungry #oldschoolknowsbest #wise

😊 

Demarcus Cousins is an option. His value is probably as low as it’s going to be, but he still is the most versatile and all around talented big in the league. He fits what we want to do offensively and is a legit scorer. He’s an upgrade defensively and would fit well next to JC. 

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Demarcus Cousins is an option. His value is probably as low as it’s going to be, but he still is the most versatile and all around talented big in the league. He fits what we want to do offensively and is a legit scorer. He’s an upgrade defensively and would fit well next to JC. 

Wouldn’t touch that head case. Waaay more negative can come from him than anything good for us. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wouldn’t touch that head case. Waaay more negative can come from him than anything good for us. 

Its kinda like Cousins brings a case of tinnitus to whatever team he is on whether its all on him or not. A lot of static. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Nope, no interest in Cousins.  He doesn’t answer needs of defense and he will be a nightmare in the locker room for our kids.  Need guys with a good head on their shoulders

• Like 2

On 6/2/2019 at 8:58 PM, capstone21 said:

Nope, no interest in Cousins.  He doesn’t answer needs of defense and he will be a nightmare in the locker room for our kids.  Need guys with a good head on their shoulders

Yeah, the locker room part can't be overstated and especially with the youth of our core. When healthy, three rooks and a sophomore in the rotation that counted big. 

Atlanta Hawks reportedly interested in re-signing Dewayne Dedmon to short-term contract

Shams Charania of The Athletic shared some interesting reporting on Tuesday afternoon, and it centers on the potential of Dewayne Dedmon returning to Atlanta. Charania brings word that the Hawks have “interest in potentially re-signing” the free agent big man and he notes that the structure could be a “balloon one-year deal” or a “shorter-term contract” modeled after the previous two-year pact with Dedmon that expires at the end of June. 

Elsewhere, Charania also reports that Atlanta “could be a destination for contract dumps” over the summer, foreshadowing what both Travis Schlenk and Lloyd Pierce have said concerning the team’s aversion to “skipping steps.” In short, that would lead to the Hawks taking on poor salary in exchange for future-facing assets, indicating that the team will continue its slow-burn approach to rebuilding. If that was the plan, the need for “max cap space” would be diminished, further illustrating the potential path for Dedmon’s return.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta Hawks reportedly interested in re-signing Dewayne Dedmon to short-term contract

Shams Charania of The Athletic shared some interesting reporting on Tuesday afternoon, and it centers on the potential of Dewayne Dedmon returning to Atlanta. Charania brings word that the Hawks have “interest in potentially re-signing” the free agent big man and he notes that the structure could be a “balloon one-year deal” or a “shorter-term contract” modeled after the previous two-year pact with Dedmon that expires at the end of June. 

Elsewhere, Charania also reports that Atlanta “could be a destination for contract dumps” over the summer, foreshadowing what both Travis Schlenk and Lloyd Pierce have said concerning the team’s aversion to “skipping steps.” In short, that would lead to the Hawks taking on poor salary in exchange for future-facing assets, indicating that the team will continue its slow-burn approach to rebuilding. If that was the plan, the need for “max cap space” would be diminished, further illustrating the potential path for Dedmon’s return.

Not unexpected I guess but not overly exciting news either.  I was hoping we were moving into the adding supporting cast phase of the rebuild.  I get not skipping steps but they also need to make sure they are stalling out in one particular step either.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Not surprised.  Nothing worse than rushing the rebuild by overpaying midlevel free agents and get into cap hell by the time the youngins are ready to be paid.:good:

• Thanks 1

Dedmon is fine in that he plays D and can now shoot long range and runs up and down pretty well (also not a molecule of diva involved). So still thinking we can do something with our second first rounder to get Bruno or another serious big. Either Davis gets cut or we figure out something with Plumlee, even cut bait if we have to. Hoped for Capela in this situation but if we do sign Dedmon it still gives us some play now and good room to grow in the post. Still stunned that the Wizards are considering Bruno at #9. Not sure how to figure that. Believe or am hoping 10-13 would land him. His energy is serious. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

My dream free agent is Klay Thompson. Ultimate three and D. He can crazy nuclear hot sometimes too.

Remember that Klay supposedly was pissed he wasn't a top five guard in the voting....you know the money thing being a big part of that. Supposedly thirty plus million worth added to his future contract. We have a very young guy in Huerter who handles better and hopefully keeps developing on D. We already know our guy can shoot the three. 

• Premium Member

Just for you @Spud2nique

But if the Warriors don’t immediately offer Thompson a max contract of five years and about $190 million, I’m told he will listen to free-agent pitches from other teams. And if that happens, the Hawks are confident they’d get a chance to persuade Thompson to sign with them. 

• Like 1