• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young working out with Steve Nash 1 on 1

JTB

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

HS exists so I can finally get this out ...

I get he's the toast of the world but, folks gotta start being honest, all L*** did was put up stats and make his teammates worse.  Every time I see this "great" game from him, it's a bunch-a dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble ...... dribble s'more, step backs ('cause he can't get past his man) ... and obtw the Mavs are losing the whole time.

What do they expect Porzingo to do?  Sit in the corner and watch the show?  Nope, he's gonna take his turn on the dribble-treadmill to get his own shots off.  That is, until he gets hurt again.  Which we know is comin'.  Prove me wrong.

Have fun with that Cubes.

And don't tell me about the great(sic) Rik Carlisle who's an awful coach unless he has a team of win-now vets (who basically coach/police themselves).  Tell me I'm wrong.  Look at his record.  When has he ever taken the roster he's been given and squeezed more out of it?  When's he ever developed anyone?  Tell me.

All he's good for is blaming his players when they don't win.

And folks expect him to steward the triple-Dirks (shout out Game of Zones) to anything more than late-lotto picks?  Don't hold yer breath on that.

God damnit kg you been on 🔥🔥

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What got your attention?  The 'dribble-treadmill' or 'triple-Dirks;?

🧐

9 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Boffum..I’m over here clapping like a deacon on Sunday morning..

:laugh1::laugh1:.

I said it before....I really missed this place.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Exactly.  So many folks don't seem to recognize or refuse to see that Trae made his teammates better. That's what elite players do.   JC - improved and more impactful with Trae. TP - career best shooting numbers. Len - career best pts and 3PT%.  Dedmon - career best pts and 3PT%.  

With Len and Prince numbers improvement in particular it is massively impressive for a kid to come in and do this. I don't include JC with that as much because we all pretty much knew after his rookie year he is the real stuff. Didn't know we would end up with the best pic n roll on the planet though. Trae is our pg now so almost everyone else will be drooling for years. Hopefully a couple of decades.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

I think your opinion is premature already.. Trae was far the better player second half last year. 

I'm sorry but just for clarity are you saying there was a huge gap between Doncic and Trae young the second half of last year?  If so you are looking at different stats than I am.  Perhaps you found a site with incorrect data.  By any reasonable standard,  Trae may have arguably been better the second half but using the words "Trae was far the better player" to describe that difference is an opinion that is easily refuted by merely looking at their stats.  You have to have some pretty heavy biases towards focusing on part of the story to come to that opinion.  I love Trae but Doncic is going to win ROY for valid reasons, namely that he is just, right now, better.  If what you say is true, Trae will win the award.  We'll see who's right.

1 hour ago, Eddielives said:

I'm sorry but just for clarity are you saying there was a huge gap between Doncic and Trae young the second half of last year?  If so you are looking at different stats than I am.  Perhaps you found a site with incorrect data.  By any reasonable standard,  Trae may have arguably been better the second half but using the words "Trae was far the better player" to describe that difference is an opinion that is easily refuted by merely looking at their stats.  You have to have some pretty heavy biases towards focusing on part of the story to come to that opinion.  I love Trae but Doncic is going to win ROY for valid reasons, namely that he is just, right now, better.  If what you say is true, Trae will win the award.  We'll see who's right.

No offense but this doesn't refute the argument that Trae was better in the second half. People made up their minds in December who was ROY. 

Trae was definitely the better player during the second half. I've got a detailed breakdown at my office and will be happy to share but won't be back until Thursday.

Think about it this way...how much better was Luka than Trae in October November and basically half of December when Trae shot 19% from 3? Now look at the overall season numbers being essentially the same. How did that happen if Trae wasn't substantially  better the last half of the year??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No offense but I agreed that he(Trae)was arguably better the second half.  The statement I was contesting was the by a wide margin opinion. That statement is just not true and honestly reeks of bias. I really wish there were a way they could share the reward for ROY because had they not come in the league in the same year, they both probably win it. But I won't tiptoe around calling out statements like "people decided in December" conspiracy laden nonsense. If you bow at the altar of media conspiracy, that's your right. But it deserves to be called what it is...sour grapes, illogical, and most importantly, not true. 

There's no conspiracy.  It's just reality of how things work. Luka was sensational right out of the gate and won a lot of people over. At the same time Trae struggled mightily for the first 6 weeks of the season. It's fairly natural for the media to make up their mind at that point and it becomes difficult to change the narrative.

The way I see it is this....Luka was substantially  better than Trae early in the season. The two were about equal in the middle. And Trae was substantially better toward the end. Overall, the two ended up with similar numbers but Luka's were a tad bit better. 

Luka winning ROY is more about Luka having an insurmountable lead than Trae not being better during the latter part of the season.

22 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

There's no conspiracy.  It's just reality of how things work. Luka was sensational right out of the gate and won a lot of people over. At the same time Trae struggled mightily for the first 6 weeks of the season. It's fairly natural for the media to make up their mind at that point and it becomes difficult to change the narrative.

The way I see it is this....Luka was substantially  better than Trae early in the season. The two were about equal in the middle. And Trae was substantially better toward the end. Overall, the two ended up with similar numbers but Luka's were a tad bit better. 

Luka winning ROY is more about Luka having an insurmountable lead than Trae not being better during the latter part of the season.

I agree with most of what you say. But I really don't think the decision was made because Luka got out of the gates faster. I think it's because he legitimately proved that he may be a generational talent. It's not Trae's fault he's a different and smaller player. But if I need a shot creator in the last seconds, I'll take both of their ability to hit an open big shot but Luka can create more space with his body. He's very Hardenesque with his ability to create like that. Trae will never bully someone with his body to create space for that last second drop back three/jumper.  I think that's part of what makes Luka better and what has legitimately separated him from Trae. But let me repeat that I love me some Trae Young and am looking forward to his growth. He could still ultimately turn out to be a better player but not right now. 

4 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I agree with most of what you say. But I really don't think the decision was made because Luka got out of the gates faster. I think it's because he legitimately proved that he may be a generational talent. It's not Trae's fault he's a different and smaller player. But if I need a shot creator in the last seconds, I'll take both of their ability to hit an open big shot but Luka can create more space with his body. He's very Hardenesque with his ability to create like that. Trae will never bully someone with his body to create space for that last second drop back three/jumper.  I think that's part of what makes Luka better and what has legitimately separated him from Trae. But let me repeat that I love me some Trae Young and am looking forward to his growth. He could still ultimately turn out to be a better player but not right now. 

I've just heard too many folks that vote (media types) say Luka was a lock when there was still 20, 25 games left in the season. That tells me folks had already made up their minds. 

Also, I dont have the stat in front of me, but seems like I saw a stat where Trae was actually better in the clutch than Luka. Both ranked toward the top of the league but Trae had the better numbers I think. 

Personally I just don't see how anyone can claim one is overall better than the other at this point. Both have their strengths and their weaknesses. Both hold some elite company in certain stats. And both struggled for portions of the season (Trae to start and Luka to end).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I've just heard too many folks that vote (media types) say Luka was a lock when there was still 20, 25 games left in the season. That tells me folks had already made up their minds. 

Exactly. It was the theme in most of the conversations about them on the networks and sites early on. 

To be honest, with 20-25 games left, it's kind of their jobs to start taking positions on who they think will win.  And I believe that's far enough into the season to start making a fairly concrete statement on who you think will win.  Trae did almost everything humanly possible to narrow the gap down the homestretch and he certainly did narrow it imo.   I'm no mind reader but I bet a fair amount of "media types" took notice and probably gave it at least an inkling of consideration based on that last month by Trae.  I have to wonder too, if Luka were a Hawk, would there be still be this sort of implication of mistrust of the media making up their minds on Doncic or if there'd be a lot of hell ya he's the clear winner...Trae is good and all but Doncic is the ROY no doubt!  You know what I mean?

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

HS exists so I can finally get this out ...

I get he's the toast of the world but, folks gotta start being honest, all L*** did was put up stats and make his teammates worse.  Every time I see this "great" game from him, it's a bunch-a dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble ...... dribble s'more, step backs ('cause he can't get past his man) ... and obtw the Mavs are losing the whole time.

What do they expect Porzingo to do?  Sit in the corner and watch the show?  Nope, he's gonna take his turn on the dribble-treadmill to get his own shots off.  That is, until he gets hurt again.  Which we know is comin'.  Prove me wrong.

Have fun with that Cubes.

And don't tell me about the great(sic) Rik Carlisle who's an awful coach unless he has a team of win-now vets (who basically coach/police themselves).  Tell me I'm wrong.  Look at his record.  When has he ever taken the roster he's been given and squeezed more out of it?  When's he ever developed anyone?  Tell me.

All he's good for is blaming his players when they don't win.

And folks expect him to steward the triple-Dirks (shout out Game of Zones) to anything more than late-lotto picks?  Don't hold yer breath on that.

Luka, Porzingis and another strong free agent could form the core of a nice team. I think the Mavs were wise to jettison off most of their vets. We are basically in the same boat. Young team, hopefully on the rise. Look it's the NBA, rebuilds are hard, and take time. If KD stays in GS, no one is beating them anyways. Steph, Klay, Draymond and KD? Forget about it.

24 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka, Porzingis and another strong free agent could form the core of a nice team. I think the Mavs were wise to jettison off most of their vets. We are basically in the same boat. Young team, hopefully on the rise. Look it's the NBA, rebuilds are hard, and take time. If KD stays in GS, no one is beating them anyways. Steph, Klay, Draymond and KD? Forget about it.

I think, on paper and in 2k, L***/'Zingis are the core of a nice team.  I think, in time, it'll middle-out since they both basically play the same position, are defensive liabilities (yeah, I know 'Zingis gets weakside blocks but overall he's not a plus defender) and Carlisle's billing as a coach far exceeds the reality.

I also recognize DAL, despite all the advantages they have, doesn't attract top-level free agents so I'm not apt to just assume they will.  Shiii, they couldn't do it with Dirk in his prime.

And they didn't jettison vets, they jettisoned guys who should've been part of their rebuild.  DSJ and Barnes who Cubes called the heir to Dirk.  The only vet they jettisoned was Matthews.

I understand rebuilds are hard but you have a lot of folks speaking about DAL as if they're basically done and are a threat as soon as next season because of L***'s greatness.  I reject that notion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think, on paper and in 2k, L***/'Zingis are the core of a nice team.  I think, in time, it'll middle-out since they both basically play the same position, are defensive liabilities (yeah, I know 'Zingis gets weakside blocks but overall he's not a plus defender) and Carlisle's billing as a coach far exceeds the reality.

I also recognize DAL, despite all the advantages they have, doesn't attract top-level free agents so I'm not apt to just assume they will.  Shiii, they couldn't do it with Dirk in his prime.

And they didn't jettison vets, they jettisoned guys who should've been part of their rebuild.  DSJ and Barnes who Cubes called the heir to Dirk.  The only vet they jettisoned was Matthews.

I understand rebuilds are hard but you have a lot of folks speaking about DAL as if they're basically done and are a threat as soon as next season because of L***'s greatness.  I reject that notion.

Dallas is hot garbage 🗑, even in 2k. Speaking of which, why are the levels so much harder this year. When you play on all star level, ITS HARD AS HELL! I used to play superstar but not way in this year’s game. 

Kg, if we ever played you know I’d Thybulle your ass up right? Lock 🔒 you up on D like u wouldn’t believe. 

@Thomas between you and me, I’d beat that ass!

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dallas is hot garbage 🗑, even in 2k. Speaking of which, why are the levels so much harder this year. When you play on all star level, ITS HARD AS HELL! I used to play superstar but not way in this year’s game. 

Kg, if we ever played you know I’d Thybulle your ass up right? Lock 🔒 you up on D like u wouldn’t believe. 

@Thomas between you and me, I’d beat that ass!

Yeah it's definitely harder than last year but I need that challenge since I'm so great (ohhhhhh).  I've been on superstar level for a while now so *yaaaawnnn* ... wake me when you're on my level, bro. 😎

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah it's definitely harder than last year but I need that challenge since I'm so great (ohhhhhh).  I've been on superstar level for a while now so *yaaaawnnn* ... wake me when you're on my level, bro. 😎

I don’t believe it bro.  I don’t think anyone can play on that level. You have to have 7 fingers on each hand. Lol.