• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young working out with Steve Nash 1 on 1

JTB

First of all Luka isn’t as good as Trae. Second of all, they ruined their rebuild trading for KP. 

The solution wasn’t to trade DSJ. It should’ve been to FORCE Luka to become better off the ball.  

You’re going to get killed with LD and KP at both forward spots. Killed. 

I actually think trading for KP set their rebuild back 5 years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

First of all Luka isn’t as good as Trae. Second of all, they ruined their rebuild trading for KP. 

The solution wasn’t to trade DSJ. It should’ve been to FORCE Luka to become better off the ball.  

You’re going to get killed with LD and KP at both forward spots. Killed. 

I actually think trading for KP set their rebuild back 5 years.

This coming season is gonna be a rude awakening for them and all the folks that tout L*** as an all-time great right now.

I'm not saying he's a bad player.  I'm saying he's got some work to do (as is the case for all rookies) but he won't be allowed to grow because they've got too much riding on him being a superstar at this point.

4 hours ago, Eddielives said:

To be honest, with 20-25 games left, it's kind of their jobs to start taking positions on who they think will win.  And I believe that's far enough into the season to start making a fairly concrete statement on who you think will win.  Trae did almost everything humanly possible to narrow the gap down the homestretch and he certainly did narrow it imo.   I'm no mind reader but I bet a fair amount of "media types" took notice and probably gave it at least an inkling of consideration based on that last month by Trae.  I have to wonder too, if Luka were a Hawk, would there be still be this sort of implication of mistrust of the media making up their minds on Doncic or if there'd be a lot of hell ya he's the clear winner...Trae is good and all but Doncic is the ROY no doubt!  You know what I mean?

I can't let you have this.   No one is arguing who is ROY.  Luka has slightly better stats for the season so in my biased opinion (biased for Trae to win it), Luka should win.  

You came on here proclaiming Luka is some generational talent,  which may be true, but no on knows.  My point is, if Luka is some generational talent, then Trae is too.   I don't think either is a generational talent yet. Both are just really good rookies. In our day and age, we get too caught up in stats.  When one of these guys carries his team to several  NBA final, that's when you can start talking generational talent.  Hell, they aren't even saying Kwhai is a generational talent and I believe he'll be better than Trae or Luka will ever be because of his affect on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 3

How bout we accept the ROY award is going to Luka and keep the player that makes his teammates better. If Trae wins the award it would be a surprise to me because of what has been discussed here already but hey a little icing on the cake would be good too. Most of us know we have our player.

• Like 2

Luka can have the rookie of the year.. Four years from now it will be Trae's league and Luka will be a solid player. Lukastan is in the middle east

I'd like to see what the results would be if every gm, today,  were told you had the #1 pick in last years draft and you wanted the best player available, who would you take.  Now I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to that with absolute certainty, but I do think, with a fairly high degree of certainty,  the results would prove that the opinion that Trae is better than Luka is just a fringe opinion.  Still I think Trae goes 2-3 in any redraft.  Not too shabby and I'm glad to have him, especially if that Dallas pick this year nets us someone special.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This coming season is gonna be a rude awakening for them and all the folks that tout L*** as an all-time great right now.

I'm not saying he's a bad player.  I'm saying he's got some work to do (as is the case for all rookies) but he won't be allowed to grow because they've got too much riding on him being a superstar at this point.

Care to make a bet that Luka regresses next season?

26 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Care to make a bet that Luka regresses next season?

There's no way to quantify that.  He could have comparable numbers to his rookie season, or even better numbers, but it won't mean there hasn't been a regression.

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's no way to quantify that.  He could have comparable numbers to his rookie season, or even better numbers, but it won't mean there hasn't been a regression.

So your two quotes above are clear in your strong opinion on his development yet you now want to make a moderate statement and be timid.  Ok dude.

53 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

So your two quotes above are clear in your strong opinion on his development yet you now want to make a moderate statement and be timid.  Ok dude.

Yeah, I'm not playing that game with you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddielives said:

To be honest, with 20-25 games left, it's kind of their jobs to start taking positions on who they think will win.  And I believe that's far enough into the season to start making a fairly concrete statement on who you think will win.  Trae did almost everything humanly possible to narrow the gap down the homestretch and he certainly did narrow it imo.   I'm no mind reader but I bet a fair amount of "media types" took notice and probably gave it at least an inkling of consideration based on that last month by Trae.  I have to wonder too, if Luka were a Hawk, would there be still be this sort of implication of mistrust of the media making up their minds on Doncic or if there'd be a lot of hell ya he's the clear winner...Trae is good and all but Doncic is the ROY no doubt!  You know what I mean?

Do I know what you mean? Well yes. But I disagree a bit. I mean, you say you expect the media to formulate their opinions with 20 - 25 games left so that ignores the best 25% of Traes season and the worst 25% of Lukas. 

Seems pretty arbitrary to me. You could just as easily ignore or discount the first 25% when Trae was finding his way. 

Rather, one SHOULD wait til the end of the season to formulate their opinion. And in doing so, it would be fairly clear that Luka and Trae are close statistically but Luka holds the slight edge overall. I agree he will be ROY but i disagree that it's some obvious choice. 

You know horse racing is where its at guys if betting is indeed your game. Seem to remember a somewhat questionable and really sensational 65-1 payout not so long ago. That would pay off everything and more for me personally. But then the Fantasy Five is only one dollar so guess where my bets are placed. 

15 hours ago, Eddielives said:

I'd like to see what the results would be if every gm, today,  were told you had the #1 pick in last years draft and you wanted the best player available, who would you take.  Now I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to that with absolute certainty, but I do think, with a fairly high degree of certainty,  the results would prove that the opinion that Trae is better than Luka is just a fringe opinion.  Still I think Trae goes 2-3 in any redraft.  Not too shabby and I'm glad to have him, especially if that Dallas pick this year nets us someone special.  

That's obviously impossible to know or prove one way or another.  Here's what I'll say, from a statistical POV:

Trae since December 1 (58 games so not a small sample):  20.5 pts / 8.2 ast / 4.0 reb / 43.3% FG% / 35.2% 3pt% / 1.295 PPS

Luka (last 58 games for similar comparison): 22.2 pts / 6.5 ast / 8.1 reb / 41.9% FG% / 31.0% 3pt% / 1.290 PPS

I mean, the two are very similar in their production.  Both very good.  Luka led his team to a 22-36 record in those games.  Trae led his team to a 24-34 record.  

i just don't think it's as cut and dry as you make it out to be.  As others have said, however you want to classify Luka (generational, elite, etc...) you almost HAVE to include Trae on that same level because they've achieved essentially the same things after one season.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

That's obviously impossible to know or prove one way or another.  Here's what I'll say, from a statistical POV:

Trae since December 1 (58 games so not a small sample):  20.5 pts / 8.2 ast / 4.0 reb / 43.3% FG% / 35.2% 3pt% / 1.295 PPS

Luka (last 58 games for similar comparison): 22.2 pts / 6.5 ast / 8.1 reb / 41.9% FG% / 31.0% 3pt% / 1.290 PPS

I mean, the two are very similar in their production.  Both very good.  Luka led his team to a 22-36 record in those games.  Trae led his team to a 24-34 record.  

i just don't think it's as cut and dry as you make it out to be.  As others have said, however you want to classify Luka (generational, elite, etc...) you almost HAVE to include Trae on that same level because they've achieved essentially the same things after one season.  

Can’t wait to see how someone turns this around in favor of Luka smh.... Facts are facts, great post!

As I’ve always said in my Morpheus voice: 

“What if I told you they’d both be great, it’s not zero sum... “

Now what I’m saying in my Hazer voice:

“What if I told you they’re gonna be co-Rookies-of-the-Year, they’re equal...”

All things being equal, if the #10 pick turns out to be the equivalent of a Kevin Huerter or John Collins, or turns into a starter level traded player, Schlank wins that trade coming and going.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, hazer said:

As I’ve always said in my Morpheus voice: 

“What if I told you they’d both be great, it’s not zero sum... “

Now what I’m saying in my Hazer voice:

“What if I told you they’re gonna be co-Rookies-of-the-Year, they’re equal...”

All things being equal, if the #10 pick turns out to be the equivalent of a Kevin Huerter or John Collins, or turns into a starter level traded player, Schlank wins that trade coming and going.

❤️ it