Alice expected to sign for 4 year deal for 112 million

IheartVolt

If this is true WOW!! Any Horford fans wanna match that? Insane money for a guy on the down side of his career. Could be a killer for the Mavs for the next few years..

I can't believe that money

Looks like I should have put this elsewhere.. Do not bann me powers that be! Please be gentle

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

What a foolish signing for the Mavs. Music to my ears though.

It will pretty much nail them down for the next four years with Luka.. I don't understand it

Just now, IheartVolt said:

Looks like I should have put this elsewhere.. Do not bann me powers that be! Please be gentle

It will pretty much nail them down for the next four years with Luka.. I don't understand it

Cuban seems desperate to get back into the playoffs. I understand the logic to a degree, but if Doncic, Porzingis and Horford don't mesh well, they won't be contenders for a while. I definetly prefer the Hawks way of building through the draft and letting things come to us.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Mavs being smart. No one better to protect Luka, Jalen and KP than Al

The salary cap isn't unlimited though. I don't see how this signing pushes them into contender status within the next 4 years. Which is necessary to justify paying so much to Horford and Porzingis, who they can't be entirely sure of.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Mavs being smart. No one better to protect Luka, Jalen and KP than Al

protect? Lmao.. someone should teach him to grab a few boards in the process. I know you are a big fan but even you should be confused on signing an aging 33 year old to a 29 million a year contract.. This isn't LeBron James we are talking about

13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

The salary cap isn't unlimited though. I don't see how this signing pushes them into contender status within the next 4 years. Which is necessary to justify paying so much to Horford and Porzingis, who they can't be entirely sure of.

29 million a damn year! 29 million a year for a soon to be 34 year old Al Horford? Wtf

• Like 2

Just now, IheartVolt said:

protect? Lmao.. someone should teach him to grab a few boards in the process. I know you are a big fan but even you should be confused on signing an aging 33 year old to a 29 million a year contract.. This isn't LeBron James we are talking about

Yeah I’m even confused on this one as far as the contract but Al does still have the ability to defend at a high level in space but can he do it at an extended amount of time is the question.

nice front court on paper in doncic, KP, Horford but not very athletic by any means 

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I’m even confused on this one as far as the contract but Al does still have the ability to defend at a high level in space but can he do it at an extended amount of time is the question.

nice front court on paper in doncic, KP, Horford but not very athletic by any means 

Not to mention Al could fall off a cliff in an offseason. I would do a 3/70 year max to him.. I am Not hating either

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I like the fit if Al can hold up with his health.. No way I give him that money

6 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Cuban screwed his team up..

Yup.  In fairness though, you could write this same post dating back to 2012.

4 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Cube said,

A Full Force reference? I've seen it all.

+100 cool points for you.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yup.  In fairness though, you could write this same post dating back to 2012.

A Full Force reference? I've seen it all.

+100 cool points for you.

😆 

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Isn't this tampering?

😆 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Schlenk on radio this morning said it's going to be interesting to see how the NBA is going to handle these reported deals since it's not yet June 30th.

Lotta talk lotta clicks between now and the 30th..and then the 6th. Sturt hates fake click bait so you might hear him whine...that’s something.. 😏